Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2017 2:20:09 PM EDT
Been out of the loop a while dealing with job stuff.  Just went to outbackprc.com and it says they shut down.  And their PRS match isn't on the PRS site anymore.  So....where to shoot long range in N Texas I ask??   Out there I could actually true my algorithms to transonic range (that day it was about 1300 yards). Plus they had PRS barricades set up to practice.  

So where can I reach out and touch some steel around here now?  I'm in North Fort Worth close to Keller.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't shot there yet but Extreme Tactics and Training has a 1000 yard range for members. It's a bit pricey but if you shoot far a lot I imagine it's probably worth it.  They're just outside of Maypearl so they're a little ways from Keller.  VX Marksmanship near Decatur is closer to you but I'm not sure about their membership or policies.  Think they have over 1000 yd ranges.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Tiger Valley,near Waco is still open, KD range, out to 1K.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:16:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Been out of the loop a while dealing with job stuff.  Just went to outbackprc.com and it says they shut down.  And their PRS match isn't on the PRS site anymore.  So....where to shoot long range in N Texas I ask??   Out there I could actually true my algorithms to transonic range (that day it was about 1300 yards). Plus they had PRS barricades set up to practice.  

So where can I reach out and touch some steel around here now?  I'm in North Fort Worth close to Keller.  Thanks!
View Quote
long range precision rifle match tomorrow at Red River West in Gainesville
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Fossil Pointe shooting center in Decatur is another option
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Fossil Point and Red River look like good options, thanks for those.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1182/IMG959693-237561.JPG
View Quote
I called this place today and left a message. I sent an email as well. Looks like $12.50 per hour with appointments set. Minimum 2 hours. I also saw $35 per day someplace on their website. That is why I called. Well worth a 90 minute drive. This is the first time I have heard of the place. I would like to go tomorrow, but I would hate to drive there for nothing. I bet it was raining hard there this morning. We got well over 2".
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I called this place today and left a message. I sent an email as well. Looks like $12.50 per hour with appointments set. Minimum 2 hours. I also saw $35 per day someplace on their website. That is why I called. Well worth a 90 minute drive. This is the first time I have heard of the place. I would like to go tomorrow, but I would hate to drive there for nothing. I bet it was raining hard there this morning. We got well over 2".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1182/IMG959693-237561.JPG
did you get a response?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

did you get a response?
View Quote
No, I did not. I was able to see the full website today at work. It does not show up completely on the tablet I use at home. I will call again tomorrow if I remember, and get a chance.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

did you get a response?
View Quote
Yes. I did speak to their rep. You take an evaluation test shoot by appointment to make sure you are safe to shoot at distance, $100. After that you can only shoot by appointment. Appointments on weekends are full at this time. Sounds like a good place that is currently operating at capacity. I was told that you can't get there by Google Maps or GPS.

On an unrelated range...... I spoke to somebody about another "long distance" range that wanted me to pay $1200 up front for an annual membership to a range that I could not visit to see prior to payment. They wanted to "qualify" me at the Garland Public shooting range.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:06:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes. I did speak to their rep. You take an evaluation test shoot by appointment to make sure you are safe to shoot at distance, $100. After that you can only shoot by appointment. Appointments on weekends are full at this time. Sounds like a good place that is currently operating at capacity. I was told that you can't get there by Google Maps or GPS.

On an unrelated range...... I spoke to somebody about another "long distance" range that wanted me to pay $1200 up front for an annual membership to a range that I could not visit to see prior to payment. They wanted to "qualify" me at the Garland Public shooting range.
View Quote
Not see the range before paying your money, qualify at another range?  Did they say where this range is located? Sounds like a scam to me.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:27:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not see the range before paying your money, qualify at another range?  Did they say where this range is located? Sounds like a scam to me.
View Quote
The person wanting me to pay said it was near Tom Bean. I did not follow through with the offer to join their exclusive club.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The person wanting me to pay said it was near Tom Bean. I did not follow through with the offer to join their exclusive club.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before I spend any money on range membership I want to see the range and complete any qualifications.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Before I spend any money on range membership I want to see the range and complete any qualifications.
View Quote

The $100 for the qualification at RRW, I thought was reasonable. They charge by the hour after qualification day. They assign an RO to you for the duration of the equipment evaluation and testing. Then they let you shoot the remainder of the day to whatever distance they see fit. I plan on going there at my first available date. Summer time is full of employee vacations and family obligations that keep me busy all week. Might be September or so. It is an additional 1 to1.5 hours of drive time per round trip for an additional 250 yards more than another option.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I have enjoyed shooting at fossil pointe

Standard ranges of 100 and 200 yards

Also have a range with steel out to 850 I think it is. You have to qualify on the 200 used range shooting a 5 shot moa group to qualify to shoot in the long range. 

Only have to do that once then they log you into the computer. They only do the long range on Sundays I believe.. $35 all day which isn't bad
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Triple C in Cresson has opened up to memberships and the public.  It used to be only private and for events.  

TC Range

Its Outback PRC BTW just redid under Triple C.  I.E> Outback was setup at TC

The way Outback kinda disappeared it makes me wonder what went on.  Who knows though.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have enjoyed shooting at fossil pointe

Standard ranges of 100 and 200 yards

Also have a range with steel out to 850 I think it is. You have to qualify on the 200 used range shooting a 5 shot moa group to qualify to shoot in the long range. 

Only have to do that once then they log you into the computer. They only do the long range on Sundays I believe.. $35 all day which isn't bad
View Quote
It is a nice range. I am sure the crowds will grow soon.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Triple C in Cresson has opened up to memberships and the public.  It used to be only private and for events.  

TC Range

Its Outback PRC BTW just redid under Triple C.  I.E> Outback was setup at TC

The way Outback kinda disappeared it makes me wonder what went on.  Who knows though.
View Quote
I was on the TC website a couple weeks ago and it looked like this was gonna happen.  Glad it did, it's a great place!  Thanks for the intel.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was on the TC website a couple weeks ago and it looked like this was gonna happen.  Glad it did, it's a great place!  Thanks for the intel.
View Quote
2,300 yards! Far out....literally. $60.00 daily fee or $1k per year membership.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
2,300 yards! Far out....literally. $60.00 daily fee or $1k per year membership.
View Quote
I was shooting IDPA out there once a month.  It's a helluva nice setup.  The $100/month is a tough one but if you have the right kind of guns it's worth every penny.  I cannot think of anything in the area that's close to what it has.  You can do 1k at Tac Pro and its $150/year 20/trip.   Between gas and range fees Cresson would pay for itself for me in 3 trips.  

I wish this was around when I was working overseas.  I spent a shit ton of money on some pretty nice and well equipped LR setups that I sold because of lack of use.  If I was in the same boat these days the guns would have had worn out tubes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top