Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2017 4:34:21 PM EDT
I noticed this driving north on Midway towards Belt Line.

Any ideas if they're the same people from Lewisville?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I think so.  I had heard they were opening an new range.  I did not hear the location.  My bet it is the same ownership.  I will find out.

***Eagles new range will be in Farmers Branch.  That is confirmed.  Just south of Beltline on Midway.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Do we like Eagle?  I've never been to the one in Lville but this one in FB will be in my AO.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do we like Eagle?  I've never been to the one in Lville but this one in FB will be in my AO.
View Quote
I used Eagle almost exclusively before TSS opened up in NRH over closer to me.  

Eagle has a LOT of good people there and I have yet to have a bad experience there.  I don't go there nearly as much in the past 6-8 months, but I will speak very highly of them.

Everybody I have introduced to Eagle all like it also.  I have absolutely no affiliation with them at all.  I know a couple of people who work there and that is it.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
"coming soon" A gut and rebuild is always filled with unexpected drama. I hope they have a smooth build. Their Lewisville location has the only functional air conditioning of any indoor range around, that I know of anyway. They said the Addison location will be just as good.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I used Eagle almost exclusively before TSS opened up in NRH over closer to me.  

Eagle has a LOT of good people there and I have yet to have a bad experience there.  I don't go there nearly as much in the past 6-8 months, but I will speak very highly of them.

Everybody I have introduced to Eagle all like it also.  I have absolutely no affiliation with them at all.  I know a couple of people who work there and that is it.  
View Quote
Lug,

Thanks for the SITREP

I'll keep an eye out for the grand opening
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"coming soon" A gut and rebuild is always filled with unexpected drama. I hope they have a smooth build. Their Lewisville location has the only functional air conditioning of any indoor range around, that I know of anyway. They said the Addison location will be just as good.
View Quote
I've shot at Shoot Smart in N. Ft Worth some over the last 5 or so years and their ventilation and A/C systems are squared away.

They have a fairly new location in Grand Prairie and soon to open a third in Benbrook.  

Did not intend to hi-jack.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool even closer. I didn't even know this was happening
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm hoping it opens soon. There was some drama with a local school being "too close". God I miss being able to shoot at lunch...
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well shit, that's right by my old office. Wonder where it is.
View Quote
It's between Spring Valley and Belt Line on Midway. It's close to the trophy engraving place from what I could see driving past it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, same folks as the one in Lewisville.   The owner has been working on this new one for a while now.

As others have said, these are good folks - never any issues with the staff, even very accommodating when I bring full auto.

For anyone who is contemplating buying a can not only do they have good prices but as they are a range you can have "conjugal visits" with it while you are waiting for ATF approval to come through.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#13]
The location is the old: Amigos Library Services  at 14400 Midway Rd Dallas, TX 75244
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yes, same folks as the one in Lewisville.   The owner has been working on this new one for a while now.

As others have said, these are good folks - never any issues with the staff, even very accommodating when I bring full auto.

For anyone who is contemplating buying a can not only do they have good prices but as they are a range you can have "conjugal visits" with it while you are waiting for ATF approval to come through.
View Quote
Reeeeeeeeaallly????  I did not know this. Good to know
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#15]
It'll probably open the day our site moves up north.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#16]
The irony here is a bunch of Addison residents whined and complained about a proposal in 2013 or 2014 to put a range in behind BJ's off belt line and it was eventually shot down.  It was the usual it's going to draw dangerous people, the noise will disturb all of our diners/tourist/special snowflakes.  One council woman went so far as to say she'd been by DFW and the noise was awful....at the time DFW was still a pile of rubble from the fire.  

Now it's going to be right across the street from their neighborhood and there's nothing the can do about it.  

....wish they had done it while I was living there, I could have walked to the range.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I worked at a couple of places in the area. The employees will gain weight fast. Too much fooooooood in the area. J's across the street was a late night and before work favorite.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Their Facebook says aiming for Aug 1 opening.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#19]
I drove past last night. The sign is up.

The people in the area should not mind a gun range. It is better than the "bar crowd" that deal drugs, sleep, piss, and vomit in front of your house or business.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I drove past last night. The sign is up.

The people in the area should not mind a gun range. It is better than the "bar crowd" that deal drugs, sleep, piss, and vomit in front of your house or business.
View Quote
This location is actually is a bit of a walk to the bars and is located in a light industrial park in Farmers Branch.

you should have heard the tears of when someone tried to build one in Addison

"OMG there will be people with guns, and they may go grab a beer afterwards."

or "what if they drink then go to the range?"

If you've really got time to burn watch the video...https://addisontx.swagit.com/play/01062014-760

And it looks like the Westwood school had a bad case of NIMBY as well in FB....https://www.dallasnews.com/news/farmers-branch/2016/08/19/farmers-branch-school-arms-nearby-gun-range.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This location is actually is a bit of a walk to the bars and is located in a light industrial park in Farmers Branch.

you should have heard the tears of when someone tried to build one in Addison

"OMG there will be people with guns, and they may go grab a beer afterwards."

or "what if they drink then go to the range?"

If you've really got time to burn watch the video...https://addisontx.swagit.com/play/01062014-760

And it looks like the Westwood school had a bad case of NIMBY as well in FB....https://www.dallasnews.com/news/farmers-branch/2016/08/19/farmers-branch-school-arms-nearby-gun-range.
View Quote
The people in that neighborhood would call the police if a work van from our shop was parked in front of their house more than a few minutes, or headed the wrong way, too close to a driveway, too far from the curb, too close to their mail box.... I have no pity for them at all. The area is very cramped with very little street parking available. Nice houses though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Their Facebook says aiming for Aug 1 opening.
View Quote
Thank you!  Something to do at lunch other than sit at my desk, sit in my truck or drive down to the little park at Spring Valley and Midway and watch turtles and office workers catching sun...
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:59:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Tagging for later.  That's real close to my new office.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:53:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Wish they could have at least 50yrds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top