Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2017 8:11:05 AM EDT
Does anyone shoot here? I show up every other month or so and was hoping to meet some arfcommers. Its in Greenville. Ran by a family of ex delta, st, and ranger guys. For the most part, they're g2g.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a nice place, range staff does not hover until it really starts to get crowded.  I go in the morning during the week and usually have the place to myself.  Oh, and steel out to 400 is awesome.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been a few times, but I'm far from being a regular.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#3]
More ranges is gooder, but more ranges with 1000yds is what we need. 
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a nice place, range staff does not hover until it really starts to get crowded.  I go in the morning during the week and usually have the place to myself.  Oh, and steel out to 400 is awesome.
View Quote
Yeah we use the tac bay, and the big boy rules certainly are nice. I shoot alot more pistol than I do rifle though. I qualified for the 300 steel with my eotech and they wouldn't let me shoot them. :( sad day. I just wanted to get a feel for 100,200, and 300 on it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Its a good place  little far for me since i live right near Garland, which while a barf range sure is convenient

But my ARs and such (which all shoot FMJ) B Tactical it is.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 1:05:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Yea the damn place is impossible to get to on the weekends. We usually go on a random weekday and show up at 0845 to ensure the tac bay. Advantages to working in healthcare
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Love that range.  I try to get out there every 2-3 months, usually with one or two of my kids, although one's a Marine and my daughter is about to enter the Air Force so I maybe solo more often going forward.  We try to go early on Thursdays/Fridays to avoid the crowds.  I also like that the RO's don't hover when it's not crowded, although they've all been cool when they need to hover. 

Talk to me about the TAC bay.  Is this the center range between the pistol and rifle ranges or something else?   When my kids and I do run-n-guns we all tend to suffer on the pistol events and could use some more practice with engaging multiple targets, moving between each.  Steel would be ideal, whether my own or the ranges.  I've been contemplating ETTS for this, but that's at least double the distance from the house.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes that is one of the tacbays. The burm to the left of the rifles is the steel tac bay. I've thought about etts myself, but I'm 5 minutes from OK. that's a ridiculous drove for me to be paying a membership fee. I hear you need to bring steel there as well.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:07:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Huh.  I never noticed the road running behind that berm, nor the fact there was more over there.  Thank you for the heads up. 
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I know the owners... they are good people. 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#11]
anyone interested in a meet, greet, and shoot here?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top