Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2017 8:20:47 PM EDT
My son in law trapped this male bobcat in his back yard last night. He lives in The Colony just north of Dallas, off North Colony st. The cat is 33" long and will be stuffed. It was coming over his wood fence and pulling baby rabbits out of their cage through a narrow gap.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Dump it in Austin and let it eat some cats.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#2]
That dude is pissed!
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
We started noticing "murder scenes" in our back yard in our typical suburban neighborhood. Looked like literal explosions of bird feathers, with nothing more substantial than the feathers remaining. Had never seen anything like it. Then one evening I found a bobcat about the same size as in your picture in the backyard, laying in one of the raised garden beds. I picked up a 4 ft. 2x4 thinking I would run it off. It was completely unconcerned with my presence, or my 2x4.   As I was pondering my next move, it stood up, stretched, and casually jumped to the top of the 8 ft wooden fence, and lay down on the top cross piece of wood. Where it proceeded to stare down at me without a care in the world. I yelled. I threatened. I wacked the fence with the 2x4. It yawned. I retreated to the house for better armament, but it was gone when I returned. 
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We started noticing "murder scenes" in our back yard in our typical suburban neighborhood. Looked like literal explosions of bird feathers, with nothing more substantial than the feathers remaining. Had never seen anything like it. Then one evening I found a bobcat about the same size as in your picture in the backyard, laying in one of the raised garden beds. I picked up a 4 ft. 2x4 thinking I would run it off. It was completely unconcerned with my presence, or my 2x4.   As I was pondering my next move, it stood up, stretched, and casually jumped to the top of the 8 ft wooden fence, and lay down on the top cross piece of wood. Where it proceeded to stare down at me without a care in the world. I yelled. I threatened. I wacked the fence with the 2x4. It yawned. I retreated to the house for better armament, but it was gone when I returned. 
View Quote
Next time set up your phone to record the encounter and hit one with the 2x4.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Post pics before/after the ER visit as well.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I've eaten cougar, (which is among the best game meat I've ever had), but I've never eaten babcat meat. 

If you are going to drown that rascal and have him stuffed...you might try some after you skin him. I've heard it's not bad. 
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha... I leave in the 'burbs. But I'm not "city-boy dumb". 
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Near the Marina?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:06:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Near the Marina?
View Quote
Nope, the other side of The Colony. Off North Colony Blvd. near the Bill Allen Memorial park. SIL is getting the cat mounted as if it was on a tree limb reaching down with a little bunny in it's claws. The taxidermist even has a small rabbit form to use.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like someone needs a better built rabbit cage. Enjoy your rats this winter.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sounds like someone needs a better built rabbit cage. Enjoy your rats this winter.
View Quote
We don't live in NYC or out in the boonies. The Colony doesn't have a rat problem.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for the advice  
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We don't live in NYC or out in the boonies. The Colony doesn't have a rat problem.
View Quote
Don't be too sure.  Ever since the feral cat population started vanishing around Feb I have been seeing more and more rats.  Not tons...a few in shrubs here and there plus some over by Taco Bell and Braums but I am sure there are more than we are seeing.  Of course a bobcat isn't the answer either way....good catch!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Charlie 43 Echo is likely the study ID # for this particular bobcat given the location and cross referencing the individual data.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Awh, let him live. He's cute!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn, right down the street from me.    
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn, right down the street from me.    
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've eaten cougar, (which is among the best game meat I've ever had), but I've never eaten babcat meat. 

If you are going to drown that rascal and have him stuffed...you might try some after you skin him. I've heard it's not bad. 
View Quote
He could always sell the meat to a Chinese restaurant.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Rats are everywhere. I have seen rats in job sites from the middle of Highland Park to the boonies, to the 30th floor of high rise buildings, and every subdivision in between. Those fuckers get around.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#20]
There's a cougar roaming around Kingwood.  Came across it while running on the Kingwood  trails. Called the police and animal control,  nobody seemed to give a fuck. Oh well, hope it doesn't decide to maul  anyone.
Top Top