Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in Travis County so naturally I'm screwed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe they will bring back multi year registrations for trailers.
View Quote
I hope so.  I have a trailer or two that only gets used once a year.  Maybe less.

What's the penalty for failure to display current registration or inspection for a trailer?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Definitely
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I hope so.  I have a trailer or two that only gets used once a year.  Maybe less.

What's the penalty for failure to display current registration or inspection for a trailer?
View Quote
Looks like $75.00 for non commercial.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wilco, same here. Maybe I can get a fun 25+ YO car next. All I want to do is pull the shitty headers with built in cats on the 330i but noooooo, it triggers a CEL, even if it would pass a sniffer.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wilco, same here. Maybe I can get a fun 25+ YO car next. All I want to do is pull the shitty headers with built in cats on the 330i but noooooo, it triggers a CEL, even if it would pass a sniffer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad I live in Bastrop county.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]
DescriptionCommentDate      Time      Journal Page
H  Committee report sent to Calendars    05/19/2017  
H  Committee report distributed    05/19/2017  08:14 PM
H  Comte report filed with Committee Coordinator    05/19/2017   3980
H  Reported favorably w/o amendment(s)    05/17/2017  
H  Considered in formal meeting    05/17/2017  
H  Referred to Transportation    05/09/2017  11:04 PM 3138
H  Read first time    05/09/2017   3138
H  Received from the Senate    05/05/2017   2752
S  Reported engrossed    05/04/2017   1732
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

DescriptionCommentDate      Time      Journal Page
H  Committee report sent to Calendars    05/19/2017  
H  Committee report distributed    05/19/2017  08:14 PM
H  Comte report filed with Committee Coordinator    05/19/2017   3980
H  Reported favorably w/o amendment(s)    05/17/2017  
H  Considered in formal meeting    05/17/2017  
H  Referred to Transportation    05/09/2017  11:04 PM 3138
H  Read first time    05/09/2017   3138
H  Received from the Senate    05/05/2017   2752
S  Reported engrossed    05/04/2017   1732
View Quote
in plain English, please.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#9]
sent to calendars means it should be going to floor for an up or down vote soon
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks for the translation
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
sent to calendars means it should be going to floor for an up or down vote soon
View Quote
Sadly, being sent to calendars doesn't mean much. That is where tons of legislation dies, as any committee member - ANY member- can tag legislation and keep it from a scheduled floor vote (HB1911 unlicensed carry anyone?).

Since this didn't get on a state calendar by some date earlier this week or last week (can't remember the exact date ) it's dead for this session.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sadly, being sent to calendars doesn't mean much. That is where tons of legislation dies, as any committee member - ANY member- can tag legislation and keep it from a scheduled floor vote (HB1911 unlicensed carry anyone?).

Since this didn't get on a state calendar by some date earlier this week or last week (can't remember the exact date ) it's dead for this session.
View Quote
Unless the get a lot done over this weekend I suspect there will be a special session. They haven't passed a state budget yet and that has to be done before they go home. There are almost 700 bills that didn't clear committees and calendars this time.

There is still a chance, a small one, but a chance.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I posted the status change since it was only a few days ago that it seemed to be advancing still.

Never can tell if these clowns in Austin will actually do what we want.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've been told there are work arounds but they are pricey. I loved my e46 cabrio with headers but they linked the inspections to license plates and that put an end to that
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#15]
as BAD as NJ is. When I moved out in 2001 the tags were $45 per vehicle and inspection was free at state inspection facilities.  the "jiffy lube" inspection places were optional.

It was great to head over to the inspection facility in Jersey City, be the only one there and choose between 1 of 30 empty inspection lanes.  in and out in 15 minutes.... free of charge.

Granted, that in 2001 and prior years. I have no clue what it is now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:46:06 AM EDT
[#16]
good, it will save me $21 bucks a year.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
as BAD as NJ is. When I moved out in 2001 the tags were $45 per vehicle and inspection was free at state inspection facilities.  the "jiffy lube" inspection places were optional.

It was great to head over to the inspection facility in Jersey City, be the only one there and choose between 1 of 30 empty inspection lanes.  in and out in 15 minutes.... free of charge.

Granted, that in 2001 and prior years. I have no clue what it is now.
View Quote
Government programs are not free.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Government programs are not free.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#19]
SB 1588 did not pass out of the House. Safety inspections stay in place.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Boo!

Yes, I know, you're just the messenger.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ugh bunch of idiots.

Its as if they cant walk and chew at the same time in this state sometimes.  Its not rocket science.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#22]
There are a lot of things the legislature could have done this session to make life in this state a lot more pleasant.  Things like property tax reform, eliminating vehicle inspections, a budget, getting rid of daylight saving time, and constitutional carry, to name a few.  Instead they focused on things like which bathroom you could use, and police and fire pensions in Houston.  Which will probably be thrown out.  I'm pretty disappointed in our elected representatives this session.  The leadership in the House really needs flushed.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ugh bunch of idiots.

Its as if they cant walk and chew at the same time in this state sometimes.  Its not rocket science.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ugh bunch of idiots.

I think they were getting blow back from DPS.  The DPS inspector that checks our station monthly wasn't excited about it passing.

One I can't figure out is why we are still doing inspections on brand new cars.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I received my "You must get an inspection to get a new registration on Saturday.  So Why are people saying it is done?  I still have to do it as my registration is due the end of July.  

Can someone explain what it really happening?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nothing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 3:49:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I received my "You must get an inspection to get a new registration on Saturday.  So Why are people saying it is done?  I still have to do it as my registration is due the end of July.  

View Quote
It never got out of committee to the house floor, everything is still the same.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There are a lot of things the legislature could have done this session to make life in this state a lot more pleasant.  Things like... getting rid of daylight saving time, .
View Quote
Don't need to get rid of it.  Make daylight savings time (The time that we're on now) year-round.  Permanent.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Don't need to get rid of it.  Make daylight savings time (The time that we're on now) year-round.  Permanent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are a lot of things the legislature could have done this session to make life in this state a lot more pleasant.  Things like... getting rid of daylight saving time, .
Thisness
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
This...  I don't need more time in the morning to mow my yard because my neighbors don't want me out there doing that at 7am...  I do need more time in the evening during the winter to get stuff done before it gets dark.

It isn't the hours that bothers most people I think, it is having to change all the clocks twice a year.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There are a lot of things the legislature could have done this session to make life in this state a lot more pleasant.  Things like property tax reform, eliminating vehicle inspections, a budget, getting rid of daylight saving time, and constitutional carry, to name a few.  Instead they focused on things like which bathroom you could use, and police and fire pensions in Houston.  Which will probably be thrown out.  I'm pretty disappointed in our elected representatives this session.  The leadership in the House really needs flushed.
View Quote
And thankfully we can hog hunt from hot air balloons now. The fact we couldn't was keeping me up at night and making me want to move to another state. I'm glad valuable time was spent to get this bill passed.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
And thankfully we can hog hunt from hot air balloons now. The fact we couldn't was keeping me up at night and making me want to move to another state. I'm glad valuable time was spent to get this bill passed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got that shit for brain Joe Straus's e mail about all the great things the assembly did this session.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think they were getting blow back from DPS.  The DPS inspector that checks our station monthly wasn't excited about it passing.

View Quote
Those who have an interest in preserving their job functions dont have much to say on the subject the way I see it.

The 'inspection' on new cars is a glaring example of why its silly to be doing this still.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why we only allow them to meet 100 days every 2 years
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Those who have an interest in preserving their job functions dont have much to say on the subject the way I see it.

The 'inspection' on new cars is a glaring example of why its silly to be doing this still.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understood the inspection of new cars when we had 2 stickers, but when we got rid of the second sticker there is no need for an inspection. Beside the inspection process is pretty low key.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry, but that's not even close to correct.

This bill never even got a House vote. Not law, dead bill.

Since you're not familiar with how a bill becomes law in Texas, check the "Bill Stages" tab when you're reading up on a bill. That tab will show you the bill's current status within the Legislative process. A bill that HAS become law will be green in color for the "Bill Becomes Law" icon on that page.

Here's an example of a bill that did become law during this 85th Legislative Session -- SB16 which reduced the LTC fee to no more than $40:
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLookup/BillStages.aspx?LegSess=85R&Bill=SB1588

A bill becomes law only after A) the bill (including any amendments) has passed in identical forms in BOTH the House and Senate, AND B) the bill is either signed by the Governor or is not vetoed by the Governor within 20 days of passage.

Even then, the bill only becomes EFFECTIVE per the date listed within the bill itself. Case in point, the above example Senate BIll 16 (SB16) only becomes effective law Sept 1 2017 -- Anyone renewing their LTC between now and Aug 31, 2017 will still have to pay $140 to renew their license.

The "Bill Stages" tab will also always include the date the law becomes effective near the bottom of the page next to the "Stage 7" description if you don't want to read the actual bill to determine when it becomes effective.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Since you're not familiar with how a bill becomes law in Texas, check the "Bill Stages" tab when you're reading up on a bill. That tab will show you the bill's current status within the Legislative process. A bill that HAS become law will be green in color for the "Bill Becomes Law" icon on that page.

Here's an example of a bill that did become law during this 85th Legislative Session -- SB16 which reduced the LTC fee to no more than $40:
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLookup/BillStages.aspx?LegSess=85R&Bill=SB1588

A bill becomes law only after A) the bill (including any amendments) has passed in identical forms in BOTH the House and Senate, AND B) the bill is either signed by the Governor or is not vetoed by the Governor within 20 days of passage.

Even then, the bill only becomes EFFECTIVE per the date listed within the bill itself. Case in point, the above example Senate BIll 16 (SB16) only becomes effective law Sept 1 2017 -- Anyone renewing their LTC between now and Aug 31, 2017 will still have to pay $140 to renew their license.

The "Bill Stages" tab will also always include the date the law becomes effective near the bottom of the page next to the "Stage 7" description if you don't want to read the actual bill to determine when it becomes effective.
View Quote
Two things;

1- Thank you for signing up here to come into this thread and educating all of us dumbasses.

2- Know how I now you didn't read the damn thread?
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
In your own words, "Sorry, but that's not even close to correct."
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
;;;sigh;;;; did you even read the damn thread?

Great first post.  Schooling' all of us like that.   You waited two years to post this as post 1 ?   
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

;;;sigh;;;; did you even read the damn thread?

Great first post.  Schooling' all of us like that.   You waited two years to post this as post 1 ?   
View Quote
He is probably a legislator......
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm sure tags will increase to cover the loss of revenue.
More folks running with no insurance. They will just need proof of insurance to get their tags renewed.
Let the fishing season begin for all LEO's now.
I see more negatives than positives.
View Quote
I see only positives.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

For those that will ask 'am I in one of those 17 counties?'...

Brazoria
Fort Bend
Galveston
Harris
Montgomery
Collin
Dallas
Denton
Ellis
El Paso
Johnson
Kaufman
Parker
Rockwall
Tarrant
Travis
Williamson
View Quote
Man that expanded.  I remember when it was 8.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top