Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2017 2:58:12 PM EDT
Thought it was awesome they were shooting blanks full auto and letting the kids have the cases/links.

Drooled on some helicopters.

Son wasn't terribly enthusiastic until we got to the kids stuff.

One of the coolest things was the HEMT that carries the pontoon tender boats.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#1]
the travelling vietnam memorial wall was nice.  i was more enthused about getting to play with the humvee mounted ma deuce and m249 than the kiddos.  did get a good pic of my youngest on the mark 19 and my older one holding the m249.  great event.  wwii re-enactment was great too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the travelling vietnam memorial wall was nice.  i was more enthused about getting to play with the humvee mounted ma deuce and m249 than the kiddos.  did get a good pic of my youngest on the mark 19 and my older one holding the m249.  great event.  wwii re-enactment was great too.
View Quote
Was part of the reinactment on Saturday?  Went out to the Walburg German Restaurant Saturday evening and it looked like we were being invaded, bunch of guys in German military uniforms.  Waiter said it was for some reinactment and they come out there to eat afterwards every year.  Was an unusual sight!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Was part of the reinactment on Saturday?  Went out to the Walburg German Restaurant Saturday evening and it looked like we were being invaded, bunch of guys in German military uniforms.  Waiter said it was for some reinactment and they come out there to eat afterwards every year.  Was an unusual sight!
View Quote
yeah they do it saturday and sunday.  hah musta been quite a scene at walburg.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I used to Re-enact with 7th Komp., GrossDeutschland....anytime we did Reading PA Airshow, we did a "Dining Out" at a German restaurant on Friday evening, all went in walking out dress, the restaurant loved it, customers would ask the owners when the soldiers night would be, and come have dinner that night to see us. We would do drinking songs, marching songs, etc....it was a good time!
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#5]
We've made it several times and my son (& I) have always enjoyed the displays and the reenactors enthusiasm and willingness to provide a great show!

Thanks for the staff for all their hard work manning the gates, providing rides & directions and making it all happen!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Thanks to All who contributed to make it a great event for all who attended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top