Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/26/2017 9:12:18 PM EDT
Anyone take any damage?  Softball size hail in Denton County.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Southern Grayson county here. Watching the radar and listening to the weather ham operators on the scanner. Nothing here yet.  Hope this one is all bark and no bite for us.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Not yet, sirens just went out
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Smith county/Tyler area here. Just burned branches from the other night....and now hear we will get storms after midnight. Nothing yet tonight of course.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Large hail by Lewisville Lake which took out neighbors' sky lights.  Lewisville Walmart had roof come crashing down so they were putting folks in the freezer, leaving my truck to get nice dents, shattered windshield, and ruined roll cover which was installed yesterday...

Neighbor and I swear there must have been some type of funnel cloud since we were hearing a deep roaring coming from the lake.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
My daughter and her husband live near Lewisville. They sent a pic of tennis ball size hail that hit their house. I am sure their home took roof damage. They did not have any broken windows. Daylight will show the damage.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Just missed us by half mile in Lowry Crossings. Whew!
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Added some dents to my new car - not really happy about that.

Hail came out of nowhere - no rain, just hail (at least in the beginning).

Any recommendations for a decent paintless dent-repair shop?

Could have been worse - stay safe out there!
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I got some small dents in the FJs roof. I will have a better look in the am. My neighbors two cars took a beating.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#9]
My 4Runner got all beat to hell, but luckily no glass damage.  Knocked a trim piece off my side view mirror, but it snapped right back on.  Cheap plastic patio furniture was destroyed.  No obvious house window damage.  Will check things closer come daylight.

Last big hail storm we got got us a new roof, gutters, and garage door.  Garage door might be okay this time around since it was up as I watched my 4Runner getting beat to hell from inside the garage.  

No, the irony of me standing in the garage while the 4Runner was parked just outside is not lost on me.  My side of the garage has turned into storage since a few years back when I decided to start keeping the trash barrels in there to keep the fucking HOA nazis off my back.  So, you're welcome, HOA nazis.  I sacrificed my 4runner for your fucking trash barrels.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I was at DFW, the MRS had to hunker down in the bathroom and find room for the 4 big dogs.

Had to bail on the flight when she sent me a picture of some 2 inch hailstones from the yard.

We didn't lose any windows but I will be looking at the roof in the morning.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:36:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Golf ball size at my house in McKinney.  No glass damage on house or my Tacoma, but the Tacoma took a beating. I'll have to check the roof tomorrow...the new roof we got after a storm last Spring.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:06:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My 4Runner got all beat to hell, but luckily no glass damage.  Knocked a trim piece off my side view mirror, but it snapped right back on.  Cheap plastic patio furniture was destroyed.  No obvious house window damage.  Will check things closer come daylight.

Last big hail storm we got got us a new roof, gutters, and garage door.  Garage door might be okay this time around since it was up as I watched my 4Runner getting beat to hell from inside the garage.  

No, the irony of me standing in the garage while the 4Runner was parked just outside is not lost on me.  My side of the garage has turned into storage since a few years back when I decided to start keeping the trash barrels in there to keep the fucking HOA nazis off my back.  So, you're welcome, HOA nazis.  I sacrificed my 4runner for your fucking trash barrels.
View Quote
I planted some large bushes to hide the bins out front.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Golf ball size at my house in McKinney.  No glass damage on house or my Tacoma, but the Tacoma took a beating. I'll have to check the roof tomorrow...the new roof we got after a storm last Spring.
View Quote
Ditto in my part of McKinney
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#14]
North Johnson county, barely even got any rain and no hail to speak of
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Corn is the planting of choice to please even the best of HOA's
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks like the FJ has a bunch of little dings in the roof and hood. The gutters on the house got pounded good.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I never understood that. They build huge houses with the smallest foot print two car garage that can barely fit one full sized vehicle. Then they go to once a week trash pickup, give you these huge fucking brightly colored cans and insist that you keep them in your garage all week. So now I have smelly shit in my hot ass garage all week and I have to juggle where I can park.

Yeah, I moved. We started out with twice a week service using our own smaller, discrete cans and it transitioned into shit.

We can't have a discrete brown or even dark green trash can, make'em fucking bright eyesore UN blue then bitch about how unsightly they are. Fuckwads.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Just a little rain in Parker County. No hail.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Princeton here, we had about quarter to half-dollar stuff come down in my neighborhood.  Judging from the radar, we narrowly missed the OMGWTFBBQ hail core that pummeled McKinney and points west.

Found one dimple in the roof of my car.  Didn't see any roof damage, but if it didn't mess up my car, it probably didn't mess up the roof.

Hopefully Tuesday and Wednesday don't turn into repeat affairs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Little Elm here. Long hail storm, seems like it went on over 20 minutes. Started small and went to tennis ball sized hail at the end. Roof is only 2.5 years old. But I'm sure it'll need replacement. Paint is all pockmarked up on the eaves and garage doors. One broken window. Luckily it didn't go through both panes. 

Scam roofers are already out in fill force. 
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Sanger took a beating.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:10:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I never understood that. They build huge houses with the smallest foot print two car garage that can barely fit one full sized vehicle. Then they go to once a week trash pickup, give you these huge fucking brightly colored cans and insist that you keep them in your garage all week. So now I have smelly shit in my hot ass garage all week and I have to juggle where I can park.

Yeah, I moved. We started out with twice a week service using our own smaller, discrete cans and it transitioned into shit.

We can't have a discrete brown or even dark green trash can, make'em fucking bright eyesore UN blue then bitch about how unsightly they are. Fuckwads.
View Quote
Yeah, I grew up in Richardson where we had alleys and twice-a-week trash service.  Now I'm in Little Elm where there are practically zero alleys, a single trash barrel, a recycling barrel, and once-a-week service.  Sure, they'll give me another trash barrel for a fee, but I might need a 3-car garage, then.  

I'd plant some corn to hide the barrels outside if there was more than a few feet between me and the neighbor's house.  What pissed me off the most is my neighbor keeps his barrels right across from where I originally kept mine.  They never said a word to him... They tried to tag him on it a few months ago, but he's had them in the same spot for 14 years.  He told 'em to FOAD and go HOA-nazi someone else.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Missed us up in Parker co
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Round two, tonight.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a guy scheduled for some roof repair on Thursday.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like we have more incoming tonight.... my mom said they had 8 counties with tornado warnings in the panhandle towards Abilene
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:29:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Looks like we have more incoming tonight.... my mom said they had 8 counties with tornado warnings in the panhandle towards Abilene
View Quote
My MIL is in Haskell, said they had 2 1/2" of rain. Quite a bit for them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:28:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty solid line of strong storms, and I'm guessing the humidity here is just helping regenerate them, with the cold air pushing them through
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:40:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Listening to Denton County Skywarn.  Dime sized hail reported 35/Main in Lewisville.  Reports of high winds.  Lots of power flashes.  Sireens going off around SE Little Elm, but I don't hear the one down the street from me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:44:37 AM EDT
[#30]
55mph, dime quarter size hail outside Little Elm off of FM720.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:03:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Lost my daughters trampoline...

She is not going be happy when she gets up in a few hours.

Mansfield/Arlington area no power for about 45?minutes so far.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:27:48 AM EDT
[#32]
just lost half of a bradford pear (no surprise).  10" diameter fork at the base.  I get to fire up the chainsaw for a bit manana.  Narrowly missed taking out the fence.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Listening to Denton County Skywarn.  Dime sized hail reported 35/Main in Lewisville.  Reports of high winds.  Lots of power flashes.  Sireens going off around SE Little Elm, but I don't hear the one down the street from me.
View Quote
I listened to the same net.  GOI needs a strongly worded thank you card.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:40:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Got woke up to Sirens here in Mesquite due to +70mph winds confirmed. Don't look like much in my neighborhood. No hail at my house. Didn't loose power. Looks all clear here. Got lucky here
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Strong winds in McKinney but no hail that I heard, nor any damage to fence or trees that I can see. 
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:03:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Lost my daughters trampoline...

She is not going be happy when she gets up in a few hours.

Mansfield/Arlington area no power for about 45?minutes so far.
View Quote
I saw 2 trampolines about a month ago after we had some strong winds. Both out in the middle of nowhere. Interesting thinking where those may have come from.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#37]
I lost a big branch that's gonna require some work to clear this morning down in Burleson.  My electricity just now got restored so I'm gonna require some coffee first
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Currently Houston is under a tornado warning
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Left a pack of smokes on the patio table.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Left a pack of smokes on the patio table.
View Quote
Somebody can enjoy a soggy one wherever they landed
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Lost our fence, power still out at our house in GP. Ugh.

Trees errwhere 
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Lost our fence, power still out at our house in GP. Ugh.

Trees errwhere 
View Quote
Power is back on in Burleson, but there are still some issues at traffic lights, some not working, others have signal lights that are no longer facing the correct direction .

My chainsaw is at the ranch, so it looks like I might need to go buy a cheap one today to work on the rest of the limbs in my yard
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#43]
A buddy in Keller says several friends lost chunks of roof.  My wife said it was the loudest wind she can remember hearing (out in Garland), but no damage at our house that she could find.

I'm down in PINS.    All it did was rain here for a short while this morning.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Tons of tree branches down, damaged fences, damaged roofs and awnings, and debris in Lewisville this morning in the College Pkwy/Valley Pkwy area. Our building came out with minor damage to a soffit while the other buildings in the complex are all fuckered up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Power is back on in Burleson, but there are still some issues at traffic lights, some not working, others have signal lights that are no longer facing the correct direction .

My chainsaw is at the ranch, so it looks like I might need to go buy a cheap one today to work on the rest of the limbs in my yard
View Quote
I am Just outside Burleson to the west and I still do not have power
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've got one or two you could barrow if you want. I'll pick up some parts to fix a spare up tonight. 
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I've got one or two you could barrow if you want. I'll pick up some parts to fix a spare up tonight. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I picked up a cheapie electric one and got the job done, all is well except I think that tree needs to be removed.  I rent so the homeowner has been notified.  I do have some firewood now

I appreciate the thought
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on the western edge of burleson, but I know lots of GP and Arlington are still without power
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Watching the news, it looks like Rockwall took the worst of it. Spring storms can be unnerving.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:27:39 AM EDT
[#50]
After midnight still no power
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top