Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2017 1:44:46 PM EDT
What is the rate per square foot to remove 3 1/2 inch driveway and replace with 5 1/2 with rebar

2400 square feet
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]
what is driving the swap?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It is broken all to hell from Texas weather and a cypress tree along with the wire being pushed to the bottom when it was poured in 78

My work truck weighs 11200 pounds without any thing in the back and that has not helped.

I am afraid someone will trip and get hurt or twist ankle.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#3]
This time last year I paid a little over $3600 for 1200 sq ft. Included tear out. Bids ranged from $3200 to $5000. 
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 6:13:14 AM EDT
[#4]
That sounds on the cheap side I figure on 1200 sqf about 2400 in just concrete

Thanks for the input.

On 2400 I am thinking about 17000 min total job.

But I am an electrician

It is such a pain in the ass finding the right contractor

Last concrete work I had done should have been jack hammered out and started over.

I fact the stamping and side walk was done three times before it was right.

Contractor over the project did not have his normal crew and it was a fuck story

If any one knows a good concrete guy in the fort bend county area I would appreciate.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#5]
You may try breaking up the work. Call a concrete saw cutting service (most will haul-off cut panels they do) and see what they'd charge you to come out and saw cut up the entire driveway and haul off. Then contact a couple concrete guys to see what it would cost to form/rebar/pour the driveway back. You may find doing it this way is cheaper. If you just pay the concrete guy to do it all....he's just gonna sub out the removal and charge you markup on whatever he's paying.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#6]
On a new installation I got an estimate of 6 dollars a sqf with 5 sack mix 5.5 inch and rebar 1/2 inch on 12 inch centers
Case anyone is looking
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top