Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2017 11:11:16 AM EDT
Looking for a 1 bed 1 bath very near Las Colinas / just East of DFW for work.  Housing is nuts over there due to H1Bs.  When I was visiting last weekend I was able to see 5 places, most of which were $1200+/mo with fees added in.  Looking for something $800-$1000 with a 6 month lease agreement.

Anyone recommend a lease agent or know of housing that's more my speed off hand?  Also, first day of work is 3/14 so I'm hustling to find a place that works and move right in asap.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Las Colinas is crazy because of the h1b's.    For some reason Irving attracts them like crazy.   One will sign the lease but a huge family moves in.  They also don't assimilate very well.

Look in the grapevine area if you can ...   it seems to be a little cheaper

Also sent you a IM
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Los Colinas/Irving? Better you than me, brother. I'd sooner take an ass whoopin'. 
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Las Colinas is crazy because of the h1b's.    For some reason Irving attracts them like crazy.   One will sign the lease but a huge family moves in.  They also don't assimilate very well.

Look in the grapevine area if you can ...   it seems to be a little cheaper

Also sent you a IM
View Quote

Appreciate the pro-tip.  Seems like a 7.5-9 mile commute to work instead of 2-3 miles, but worth it for the savings.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Los Colinas/Irving? Better you than me, brother. I'd sooner take an ass whoopin'. 
View Quote

The cons besides the aforementioned?  

I'd love to get a dinky downtown Dallas renovated apartment that'd be cheap as hell and get me in a nicer area but you're looking at 25 minutes during non-rush hour so that's gotta be a 50 minute or hour commute.  No thanks.  Closer to work the better, I'll schedule when I want to 'play' and get outside the area.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
look near PGBT and W Walnut Hill Ln
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
look near PGBT and W Walnut Hill Ln
View Quote

For the OP PGBT= President George Bush Turnpike. Aka George Bush toll road
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had family use 'big state locators' with success. They are an apartment locator service. Free to you, they charge the complex you move into. They can help with all the searching  
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#8]
You can also look at Coppell or Farmers Branch apartments. I don't have a locator to work with but I spend a good amount of time at apartments for work. The least expensive place in Coppell is probably Wellington apartments.

The others are right though, H1B visa folks saturate that Irving area. Feel free to PM me for help. I'll send you my contact info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top