Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2017 5:58:47 PM EDT
I bought some precut rear corner covers but they were totally wrong. The company ended up taking the first set back and sending me a blank set.

I transferred the line I want to cut and ran a piece of carbide over it to cut through the powder coat.

I could cut them out with an angle grinder but I want them to look better that that.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a shop that can  do the cutting I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

ETA These are 12G smooth steel NOT Diamond Plate
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#1]
what are the made out of?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Mild steel 12 G smooth.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Check with these guys...

http://baertrax.com/

Nice people. If they can't do it they might can steer you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.metalsupermarkets.com/

you might see if they have a cutter for you too. can't imagine they would charge much to cut something for you.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Baertrax would not touch it. Local place wanted $500 "just to fire up the machine". Collins Brother's would not even look at it and another shop told me they were too busy.

Jim from PrimeCuts in Dallas agreed to do it with freehand plasma for fifty a piece but I decided to try to do it myself.

I bought a pneumatic die grinder and roughed it in with a jigsaw and finished it with the die grinder and 24 grit pads. The first side came out nice and the other is now roughed.

Thanks for all the input.

SS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top