Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2017 8:19:55 PM EDT
Possible member sighting, Arfcom member that is... was at Defender Outdoors today in FW and saw a guy wearing a black t-shirt with "87" in large letters across the back.  Figured he might be a member here.  Also, drove by FW Gun on 183 near NAS-JRB and the store is closed up and for lease.  Did they just move somewhere else or did they close up shop and just go back to gunshows?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#1]
FW Gun never had anything worth a crap. I went in there 3 times in the last 6 months and they hardly had any guns or accessories. I'm not surprised that they went under, it was a huge retail space with almost nothing worth buying. Trinity which is 1/20th the size carries more guns then that had.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#2]
FW Gun has been closed at least a couple of months from when I noticed. I went in twice when they first opened since it was close but was never impressed really.

Defender is the place to go in Fort Worth! I've bought a handful of guns from them online and transfer them to the store, very good prices.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been to FW Gun went it was located off Eastchase and I-30. Most, if not all, of their stuff was wayyy overpriced.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Another member here said it was before Thanksgiving that they closed.  I had seen the shop several times, just never made it inside.  Decided to check it out the other day, and it was closed.  Just wondering.

Yeah, I need to make it over to Trinity, I've heard lots of good things about them.

Nobody going to own up to the 87 shirt?  
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:48:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Now that I'm off most weekends I've really wanted to get out to Defender Outdoors and visit.  I've heard good things.  Is it a big shop?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now that I'm off most weekends I've really wanted to get out to Defender Outdoors and visit.  I've heard good things.  Is it a big shop?
View Quote

It's a pretty big shop compared to most around here.  Not as big as Cabelas, but who is?  The shop has lots of handguns, all out on display for people to examine, not behind glass where you need to ask to look at one, but they are all secured with wires, like what I've seen in pictures from Shot Show, so people don't walk away with them.  A good representation of popular accessories, Glock, AR, some clothing, rifles, shotguns, some ammunition, with some good sales going on if you are needing what they are selling.  I'd say it's worth a trip to check it out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Defender is definitely worth checking out.  Sign up for the emails to see what events they have going on.  This last Saturday they had Modern Outfitters and Silencerco there doing some demos.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Prices pretty good?  I may try to get up there this weekend then if I have time between kids soccer and stuff and school work.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I have heard of Defender outdoors.  I'll definitely be checking that out this weekend.  FW guns is what used to be the store front of Cheaper then Dirt.  They were over priced with crappy gear then too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top