Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2016 4:17:03 PM EDT
Details on death

Found in his office.  Happens a week after his daughter killed herself.  Tragic.  Looking for links. 

Not a fan of his work, but none the less tragic.  Prayers for the family. 
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Found in his office.  Happens a week after his daughter killed herself.  Tragic.  Looking for links. 

View Quote

I have a 20 year old daughter....16 was very rough for us, and I cannot imagine the pain it would be to learn she had taken her own life.  

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
RIP, "Strong Arm"...
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#4]
What a bummer. 
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a 20 year old daughter....16 was very rough for us, and I cannot imagine the pain it would be to learn she had taken her own life.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My daughter is almost 19.  She was way to easy to raise.  Going to college in Arkansas.  I cannot imagine.  Just devastating.  I hope and pray I never know that pain.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My daughter is almost 19.  She was way to easy to raise.  Going to college in Arkansas.  I cannot imagine.  Just devastating.  I hope and pray I never know that pain.
View Quote

We went through a very rough time with her.  My wife and I put a lot of tears and effort into her.  Fortunately, it payed off.  She is an outstanding young woman now.  ;)

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:32:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I knew Brian professionally. He was crazy as hell but a good lawyer.He actually had a role in starting my own legal career and for that reason I followed his ups and downs over the years.....Go easy brother.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:28:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We went through a very rough time with her.  My wife and I put a lot of tears and effort into her.  Fortunately, it payed off.  She is an outstanding young woman now.  ;)
View Quote

Congratulations!
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I never met him, although I had a lot of cases with his firm over the past few years. Very sad situation. I hope, for the sake of the rest of his family, that his death was from natural causes. I can't imagine how hard it would be for his wife to lose a daughter and a husband so quickly.
View Quote

With the risk of getting sued, everyone is very hush hush on how he actually died.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

With the risk of getting sued, everyone is very hush hush on how he actually died.
View Quote

No Coroner's report?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No Coroner's report?
View Quote

Found dead in his car in parking lot, hospital surmises heart attack

Unfortunately, it does not look like dallas county has their record online like tarrant county does....
Tarrant County Medical Examiner Public Case Records
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's going to be a couple weeks at least before the toxicology comes back.
View Quote

So we can assume no obvious trauma?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So we can assume no obvious trauma?
View Quote

One of the news reports stated a police source said no obvious cause of death at the scene.  That is the news, so I am not really sure why I bothered to post it.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Latest I saw was that following the autopsy the cause of death is "undetermined".
View Quote

That should rule out myocardial infarct, stroke, AAA, etc. As well as any other structural defect or physical abnormality, and any trauma. Kinda only leaves drugs, poisons and the like, and some odd disease processes.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

One of the news reports stated a police source said no obvious cause of death at the scene.  That is the news, so I am not really sure why I bothered to post it.  
View Quote

I just assumed he probably shot himself, but I never saw it spelled out that he didn't.

I'm glad he didn't.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#19]
DALLAS Brian Loncar’s heart “gave out too soon” after his teenage daughter committed suicide late last month, his family wrote in an obituary posted online Tuesday.The lengthy tribute described the Dallas personal injury lawyer as a savvy businessman — he filmed flashy commercials and billed himself as “The Strong Arm” — but also as a passionate father of five children who once traded in a glitzy Mercedes for a green Suburban.Loncar, 56, was found dead in his office Sunday morning, two days after his 16-year-old daughter’s funeral.His cause of death is still listed as “unexplained,” police said, but his family was told he probably suffered a heart attack, according to the Dallas Morning News.

From the FW Star-Telegram
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I've just been assuming suicide, as it is not unusual to keep such things discrete, for various reasons, and he's obviously going to be in a high state of depression.  Suicide can be hereditary.  Maybe it's linked to clinical depression, which can be hereditary, and so if his daughter did it, generally that means he's at higher odds as well.

Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Link in OP
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn, stay away from the coke.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Damn, stay away from the coke.
View Quote

Obama loves pardoning Coke dealers.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd wouldn't be surprised that the police found the drugs on his body but refused to make public out of respect for the family.  Pretty selfish way to die.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'd wouldn't be surprised that the police found the drugs on his body but refused to make public out of respect for the family.  Pretty selfish way to die.
View Quote

Don't forget it was "Loncar and Associates". Probably not a group to upset at any time. Very sad situation.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lol. It's a law firm, not the mafia. They've got bigger things to worry about, like making sure the corporation (because that's what it is) keeps running so they have jobs.
View Quote

I think what zach was getting at is.....cops find him dead, find cocaine on his body or near him. Someone at the PD tells a source, he died of an OD. ME report comes back a few weeks later and we find out it was something completely unrelated to his cocaine use. Family and law firm bend the city over the table for millions.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I know what he was getting at, and it's nonsense. Believe me, no one is surprised by this.
View Quote

Why is no one surprised by this?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol. It's a law firm, not the mafia. They've got bigger things to worry about, like making sure the corporation (because that's what it is) keeps running so they have jobs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget it was "Loncar and Associates". Probably not a group to upset at any time. Very sad situation.

Yeah, but let's say you're a corporate client. How worried are you about drug use in that office now? Or are you pissed that you were supporting someone's drug habit?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's a personal injury mill. They don't have corporate clients.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but let's say you're a corporate client. How worried are you about drug use in that office now? Or are you pissed that you were supporting someone's drug habit?

It's a personal injury mill. They don't have corporate clients.

Still, do I want this guy to represent me? Does the jury think he's a coke head? Does the judge treat them differently?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Still, do I want this guy to represent me? Does the jury think he's a coke head? Does the judge treat them differently?
View Quote
Gonna guess his results spoke for themselves.  He did alright...
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Sucks for the family at this time, no matter the cause.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#35]
This doesn't sound like a statement that should come from a governmental office = why is the Dallas County medical examiner openly showing bias:  “The Dallas County Medical Examiner’s office released a finding that our beloved Brian Loncar’s death was caused by an accidental drug overdose.  While we accept this scientific finding, those of us who were closest to him already knew the cause of his death. Brian died of a broken heart.    WTF???
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:19:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well, that's because it didn't come from a government office. It was a statement from his family, as it pretty clearly says in the article.
View Quote
Got it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:26:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Hmm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top