Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2016 11:36:38 PM EDT
Wife and I are going to see the Christmas lights up in College Station. Wondering if Santa's Wonderland is 30.06 posted?  Also looking for restaurant recommendations.  We plan on getting up there a bit early so we can have a bite and maybe look around Town before seeing the lights.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm curious as well.  We are taking the kids there tonight.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny thing about 95% of all 30.06/7 signs most are not posted in accordance with the law (every entrance exit, 1" in height text, english and spanish, at the entry way where it can be observed) which makes them invalid.  A Mexican food restaurant put them up on one entrance which makes them invalid the only place I have seen them placed correctly are on college campuses in no carry areas.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny thing about 95% of all 30.06/7 signs most are not posted in accordance with the law (every entrance exit, 1" in height text, english and spanish, at the entry way where it can be observed) which makes them invalid.  A Mexican food restaurant put them up on one entrance which makes them invalid the only place I have seen them placed correctly are on college campuses in no carry areas.
View Quote

Well, 30.06 signs are not required to be posted and every entrance exit [sic] or even at ANY entrance.  

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I noticed that the Buffalo Wild Wings on University had a sign in the window next to the door that said something about not allowing firearms on the premises but no 30.06 or 30.07 signage.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#5]
We went last night and I didn't see any signs anywhere.  I wasn't looking real hard but didn't see anything obvious.  

Wrangling 3yr old twins is hard!  Herding cats is easier.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#6]
We had a great time at Santa's Wonderland. Very beautiful and enjoyable.  

I didn't see any signs but decided to be safe and asked at the ticket booth.  The young lady checked with the supervisor and said concealed carry is fine. I didn't ask about open carry because it's not something I normally do.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Went last night and never noticed any signs. Which was good because I carried.

Got rained on too while there.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:25:59 AM EDT
[#8]
It's a pretty neat place, I haven't been in a few years though.

Where did y'all eat?  I could have given some recommendations if I saw the thread sooner.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's a pretty neat place, I haven't been in a few years though.

Where did y'all eat?  I could have given some recommendations if I saw the thread sooner.
View Quote

We ate there.  They have a bunch of food stands. The food wasn't great but it was convenient.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:18:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I noticed that the Buffalo Wild Wings on University had a sign in the window next to the door that said something about not allowing firearms on the premises but no 30.06 or 30.07 signage.
View Quote

They probably make more than 51% of their income from alcohol sale, so its a no carry zone
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, they are notoriously anti-gun. They ban guns in stores all over nation. Even cops have been kicked out.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No, they are notoriously anti-gun. They ban guns in stores all over nation. Even cops have been kicked out.
View Quote

Yup, screw that place.

I'd rather go to Wings 'N' More.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Been taking my daughter to Santa's Wonderland for years - and I always CCW.  Never have seen a 30.06.

We're scheduled to go again this year on the 16th.  I will be carrying, legal or not.

CMOS
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 12:37:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We had a great time at Santa's Wonderland. Very beautiful and enjoyable.  

I didn't see any signs but decided to be safe and asked at the ticket booth.  The young lady checked with the supervisor and said concealed carry is fine. I didn't ask about open carry because it's not something I normally do.
View Quote

I know you meant well by asking...but consider that in the future, they may decide to verbally tell you 'all carry is prohibited' - meaning you are the ONLY person prohibited from carrying there - or post a sign. If you don't see a sign, then carry away and don't worry about it.  Same with an non-compliant sign. Let sleeping dogs lie is the best policy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top