Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2016 11:09:44 PM EDT
I moved to Florida at the first of the year for a temporary job assignment.  I got a Florida driver's license, as my Texas DL expired soon after moving.  My Texas LTC expires in 2018.  I am moving back to Texas next month.  

Question is, will my Texas LTC expiring in 2018 still be any good, or will I need to retake the course?  I would think I would get the same DL number, and therefore not have a problem.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#1]

You do get the same DL number.  I was out of state for 8 years and was pleasantly surprised to get my old "issued at age 16" number back.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice.  So then I would expect no issue with the LTC.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 12:12:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice.  So then I would expect no issue with the LTC.
View Quote

Your LTC is valid.  Unless you do something to get it revoked or suspended it will be valid until it expires.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Only problem I can think of is if you're not returning to the residence listed on your license.  You've got that 30 day window to request an updated license or face a potential suspension.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top