Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 9:22:02 PM EDT
It is across from Ellington on Hwy 3.  Dropped by on my way home from work.  It's new and run by a couple of Marine vets.  They had a few nice things and some good prices on lowers and mags. FYI.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmm right down the road from me. Did you see any nightforce scopes?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Scopesmith in the same industrial park as Texas Tactical Gear nearby is a NF dealer and has a ton of other cool toys too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:50:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Scopesmith in the same industrial park as Texas Tactical Gear nearby is a NF dealer and has a ton of other cool toys too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All three are nice places to do business with, IMHO.  I have.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]
From across the street, the place looks abandoned . might have to sneak over for a look see. And get a Chee burger next door.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Scopesmith always has some cool guns hanging around, as well as some nice optics.

Last time I was in he said to email him an offer on anything that your looking for, he'll try to give the best pricing.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Scopesmith always has some cool guns hanging around, as well as some nice optics.

Last time I was in he said to email him an offer on anything that your looking for, he'll try to give the best pricing.
View Quote

Yeah, went in looking to order a TS-30A2 for my Mk12 clone before Leupold discontinues all the Mk4 line at the end of the year, he ended up actually having an equivalent MR/T in stock at a fair price so I just walked out with that. Tons of cool guns, and probably the best price for NF around.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:33:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll check this place out. It's not that far from me.

didn't there use to be a "bath house" in that same strip?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:45:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think so they are the shop on the south end.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Tried to find Phantom tactical the other day, and maps took me to a strip mall without a gun store, rode through the back office/warehouse units thinking it was back there, but ultimately didnt find it.

On a not-so-lighter note, went to "Battle Rifle Company" over closer to Webster... one employee was trying very hard to explain what a SBR was to a customer, and the other one, no shit said that he carried the "Trayvon Special - Keltec" when talking to a customer - you could tell the potential customer was shellshocked by the statement.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blue Sky bath house, home of the rub and tug. Hah.

Quoted:
Tried to find Phantom tactical the other day, and maps took me to a strip mall without a gun store, rode through the back office/warehouse units thinking it was back there, but ultimately didnt find it.

On a not-so-lighter note, went to "Battle Rifle Company" over closer to Webster... one employee was trying very hard to explain what a SBR was to a customer, and the other one, no shit said that he carried the "Trayvon Special - Keltec" when talking to a customer - you could tell the potential customer was shellshocked by the statement.

I spoke to someone there about a transfer. He stated $25 and I asked even for CHL holders? His price was firm. Locked and Loaded does them for $10 in Seabrook but BRC is within walking distance of where I work. If I get bored I may head over but I'm not looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Coastal Precision in Kemah does transfers for $10 for CHL holders. Plus it's fast becoming one of my favorite small shops.

And yes, Blue Sky was the name. I thought there was another place before that though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I spoke to someone there about a transfer. He stated $25 and I asked even for CHL holders? His price was firm. Locked and Loaded does them for $10 in Seabrook but BRC is within walking distance of where I work. If I get bored I may head over but I'm not looking forward to it.
View Quote

As a gun store owner, I charge $25 also. The reasons are many but the primary is that nine times out of ten, I could have got you the same thing at the same price as your online source and ensured my buying accounts looked healthier. The secondary reason is that transfer customers spend WAY too long chatting about things, when I could be building guns, doing paperwork etc. I had to make the transfer paperwork area less comfortable once I worked out tons of older guys like to spend an hour telling me about their diabetes/how cheese goldfish controls their snacking habits. For small shops it's just not a good use of time.

I think most stores do this (certainly lots of fellow FFLs I know do), but if you call first and ask their price on the gun before buying it online, and when you do have to transfer you get in and out the door, and you have a CHL, you'll get it for free once I've worked out the situation.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As a gun store owner, I charge $25 also. The reasons are many but the primary is that nine times out of ten, I could have got you the same thing at the same price as your online source and ensured my buying accounts looked healthier. The secondary reason is that transfer customers spend WAY too long chatting about things, when I could be building guns, doing paperwork etc. I had to make the transfer paperwork area less comfortable once I worked out tons of older guys like to spend an hour telling me about their diabetes/how cheese goldfish controls their snacking habits. For small shops it's just not a good use of time.

I think most stores do this (certainly lots of fellow FFLs I know do), but if you call first and ask their price on the gun before buying it online, and when you do have to transfer you get in and out the door, and you have a CHL, you'll get it for free once I've worked out the situation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

However, Sales Tax Kills the deal alot of the time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, that's great. But I like to buy used guns to save on cost. I also build my own rifles so I like to buy receivers. Most shops have crazy prices on bare receivers. The Arms Room is a great place as well but they charge $50 for transfers. I would never think to use that service there but I have bought a suppressor there and always go to their range.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Coastal Precision in Kemah does transfers for $10 for CHL holders. Plus it's fast becoming one of my favorite small shops.

And yes, Blue Sky was the name. I thought there was another place before that though.
View Quote

Yeah, John there is a very nice guy. He helped me out big time when I was in a bind with an odd seller. I made sure to buy something from his storefront as a thank you.

Coastal, not the bath house, lmao.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
$1500  = $123.75 in tax
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#18]
John at Coastal Precision is a great great guy. Talented too.

I factor in the Sales tax thing when pricing for people. Glocks with their $10 markup are always going to be cheaper to bring in from out of state but most other guns can be price matched.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Popped into Phantom today. One of the owners, John, was there with his dog. Talked to him for a while. Very nice guy and informative. Kept putting rifles in my hands to look at, one of them being a full BCM rig. I definitely found another new shop to buy from that's local and close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top