Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2016 3:12:30 AM EDT
Chocolate Labrador, female, bout a year and half old.  Her name's Murphy.

Lost her from my house on Pike Road in the Green Acres / Fox Hollow / Possum Hollow area.
Just trying to get her found, she has a stiff back leg that needs daily physical therapy from and injury she got as a puppy.  One of the neighbors saw her run off with a jogger :/

Just send me an IM on here if anyone hear's or sees anything out there!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
hope you found/find her, OP
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Very sorry to hear that OP. Prayers that you find her in good shape. I lost my black lab for 4 days.

Could try Lost Dogs of Texas
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]
That sucks, I hope you get her back.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:25:50 AM EDT
[#4]
FOUND!!

Thanks for the well wishes guys.  It worked out this time.  If your dog doesn't have a collar with a name/number on it I suggest getting one.  My dog did not and it was just a sheer stroke of luck and happening to talk to the right people that led me to finding her 2 hours away in Abilene, with a couple who had picked her up while renting a cabin on PK for the weekend.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:38:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome! I have a chocolate lab myself. Best dog in the world. If you haven't considered getting your dog chipped you should as back up to her collar and tags. This way at least an honest person would take the dog to the vet and have her neck scanned for one. The chip number can be looked up with your contact info attached.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:01:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Very Glad you found your dog.

When I first saw your thread title, I thought it was some Redneck version of "Breaking Bad"...

I'd double plus recommend getting your dog Chipped - Almost every animal shelter will check for chip ID and it is one of the best ways to get your pet back.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad to hear you got your dog back. I prefer most dogs to most people.
+1 on the chip thing. We got our dogs chipped. It is good to know the chip is there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Great news!

Now get that beautiful girl a collar and chip.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Happy endings are good!!

Years ago I lost a black Lab. Took me two of the most frustrating weeks of my life to get him back. He was with me while I was on the tractor out in the middle of a field. He wandered over by the road and investigated a guy that stopped for reasons unknown. That damn guy puts the tailgate down on his pickup, loads up my dog and drives off with me watching at a distance too far to do anything about it.

I won't go into the story of recovery which is a good, long one.

I have chips for my buddies now and don't let them roam beyond the range of my handgun or AR15 anymore.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad to hear the happy ending.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Great news!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice looking pup.  Glad you found her.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Always chip your dog and use a collar with your # on it.

I even chip the cats.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I even chip the cats.
View Quote

Get a chip, I found 2 Bassets took them to my vet who was able to read the chip. They were home in a few hours. I told the owner it is a good idea to tag them, one of my Great Pyrenees got out and took off down the street, fortunately she is super friendly ran up to a house people were going in and they got her tag and was able to call me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I even chip the cats.
View Quote

I chipped the cat. The cat sued me. (joke) Still loved the cat. She lasted 11 years. She slept on my head every night.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:19:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll get her chipped today!  Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top