Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2016 8:35:33 PM EDT
Are there any bed and breakfast establishments anyone recommends in the hill country?  I'm looking for something out of the way and quaint just for two people.

Do any BnBs have gun ranges?  Sounds like a long shot but that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:05:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out River Bluff Cabins located on the Frio river near Leakey, www.riverbluffcabins.com.  A good friend of mine went their last weekend and loved it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#2]
We stayed at this one 4 or 5 years ago:

The Verandas Guest House
108 E League St
Burnet, Texas 78611

In town, quiet. Owned/operated by a retired school teacher. Rooms were nice and large, very old fashioned. Very farm house feeling. I had been dating my wife a few months at the time and it suited her enough to put her in a romantic mood. Breakfast was good. Burnet was quaint. There was a farmers market going on at the time on the square and I happened to know some people there at the time.

I don't know of a place to shoot. My sister was getting married at Lake Buchanan that wasn't very far away. She stayed at some really nice cabins on Lake Buchanan, but they were more modern. There was a restaurant there too, don't remember the name of the place. They rented kayaks and went fishing.

We found Longhorn Caverns not too far away and went on a cave tour. Kind of neat, not spelunking, but like a 2 mile walk under ground. We also hit a winery, did a tasting, - not my thing, but if you like wine.... We kind of just drove around and enjoyed Texas. We stopped in Bertram, bought some stuff from a guy on the side of the road and ended up in Austin seeing some different stuff.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer the name branded hotel-bar-pool-breakfast buffet kind of thing. Not as personal, but we had not so good experiences at the only 2 B&B's we tried. I guess I like functioning air conditioning, hot water for showering, and real food at minimum. I don't even remember the names of the places. Made for a bad 3 day weekend.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We stayed at this one 4 or 5 years ago:

The Verandas Guest House
108 E League St
Burnet, Texas 78611

In town, quiet. Owned/operated by a retired school teacher. Rooms were nice and large, very old fashioned. Very farm house feeling. I had been dating my wife a few months at the time and it suited her enough to put her in a romantic mood. Breakfast was good. Burnet was quaint. There was a farmers market going on at the time on the square and I happened to know some people there at the time.

I don't know of a place to shoot. My sister was getting married at Lake Buchanan that wasn't very far away. She stayed at some really nice cabins on Lake Buchanan, but they were more modern. There was a restaurant there too, don't remember the name of the place. They rented kayaks and went fishing.

We found Longhorn Caverns not too far away and went on a cave tour. Kind of neat, not spelunking, but like a 2 mile walk under ground. We also hit a winery, did a tasting, - not my thing, but if you like wine.... We kind of just drove around and enjoyed Texas. We stopped in Bertram, bought some stuff from a guy on the side of the road and ended up in Austin seeing some different stuff.
View Quote

Burnet is not far from Best of The West, which is a nice outdoor range in Liberty Hill...
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Try this place. Russell and his wife built the cabin from scratch from trees....not a kit. Couples only. Great folks. Love it! I went to high school with him.

Rustic Ridge Bed & Breakfast
1031 Purple Sage, Canyon Lake, TX 78133
PH: 830-832-4123  
FX: -

Click Here for Web Site
LODGING - CAMPGROUND - RV
Carol & Russell Miller
Map/Directions
Member Since 2002
Rustic Ridge is a quaint log cabin nestled among trees overlooking a pond which offers a secluded, romantic getaway for two, with beautiful Texas sunsets. Credit cards accepted. 830-832-4123

Link Posted: 10/13/2016 2:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Try Angels Lodge Above the Creek in Fredericksburg, TX.  They have a website. I stayed there 2 years ago with the wife. It is awesome!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out Bellavida B & B in Wimberly, TX. Belinda and Steve are the owners and both make you feel at home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top