Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2016 3:45:40 PM EDT
Think the stat I heard the other day was Romo has only played 3 complete seasons in the last 7 years. Now it looks like that's going to be 3 out of 8 seasons after being injured in the the first minute or so of this last preseason game.  Guess I'll have to hope the Texan's get their act together this year so I have something to watch on Sunday.

Romo breaks bone in back
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
That Sux.  Even as little as he has played, he has a lot of franchise records.  He used to be protected in the pocket a lot better than he has the last few years.  

Prescott looks pretty good, but time will tell.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If Jerry has any regrets it should be that he waited so long to build up that offensive line. Other teams were teeing off on Romo for a lot of years and that catches up to you. It's a shame because he's a good QB.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
- Pre-season needs to go away.
- Jerry Jones needs to sell the Cowboy name to the City Of Dallas.
- Jerry Jones can take his game somewhere else.
The only success since Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys was the result of Jimmy Johnson, and Bill Parcells. He is a businessman that can make a buck for sure. He is not an NFL general manager.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#4]
'ol Jerry regrets nothing
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If Jerry has any regrets it should be that he waited so long to build up that offensive line. Other teams were teeing off on Romo for a lot of years and that catches up to you. It's a shame because he's a good QB.
View Quote
Exactly this.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Jones and his son are NFL version of dumb and dumber. They will never figure anything out. I am sure right now they think Romo will come back to finish out his contract.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Exactly this.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly this.  

Yes, Romo was a good QB, but not at a level to take his team to a Super Bowl game or win.  The Cowboys have hung on to him far too long and need to take this opportunity to move on with the team.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope, tough to find a medicre QB in the NFL, Romo has done his job. F Cowboys.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:33:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Coming back at his age from multiple (serious) back injuries just isn't the same as coming back from a couple of collarbone fractures. Romo is getting perilously close to suffering life long mobility issues. When his doctor tells him it's time to leave while you can still get around without a wheelchair, Jerry will know the music has stopped and he's left without a chair.

Marketing genius? Yes. General Manager genius? Hardly.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:21:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Coming back at his age from multiple (serious) back injuries just isn't the same as coming back from a couple of collarbone fractures. Romo is getting perilously close to suffering life long mobility issues. When his doctor tells him it's time to leave while you can still get around without a wheelchair, Jerry will know the music has stopped and he's left without a chair.

Marketing genius? Yes. General Manager genius? Hardly.
View Quote

That is why he will be voted into the Hall of Fame this year.

He has screwed the Cowboys for the next 50 years, but he has made the other NFL owners more money than they ever could have on their own.

Follow the money.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:11:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yes, Romo was a good QB, but not at a level to take his team to a Super Bowl game or win.  The Cowboys have hung on to him far too long and need to take this opportunity to move on with the team.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly this.  

He holds practically every individual Cowboys QB record. He was plenty good to take them to a SB. They just waited too long to put the right guys around him.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:30:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think they know it but they just don't want to admit publicly.
Romo is just too fragile and he is done for this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jones and his son are NFL version of dumb and dumber. They will never figure anything out. I am sure right now they think Romo will come back to finish out his contract.

I think they know it but they just don't want to admit publicly.
Romo is just too fragile and he is done for this year.

I don't think it is their priority to win. They are making big money. Jones figured out how to squeeze every nickel out of football. That he has proven to be the best to date. He can afford a real GM. It has been close to 30 years. If he can't do the job by now, he  never will. He should have realized that after Jimmy Johnson left and they tanked until Tuna came aboard.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:12:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
- Pre-season needs to go away.
- Jerry Jones needs to sell the Cowboy name to the City Of Dallas.
- Jerry Jones can take his game somewhere else.
The only success since Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys was the result of Jimmy Johnson, and Bill Parcells. He is a businessman that can make a buck for sure. He is not an NFL general manager.
View Quote

EXACTLY!

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He holds practically every individual Cowboys QB record. He was plenty good to take them to a SB. They just waited too long to put the right guys around him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly this.  

He only holds those records because for almost all his career, the Cowboys had no running game so it was pass, pass, pass. The one year the Cowboys did have s running game with Murray Romo's output was severely cut back. Cowboys were never going to the SB with him. And then their is his complete inability to close out the season with wins. Clearly unable to win clutch games in the end.

He was a good QB, but too much of a gunslinger and not disciplined enough. This recent injury is a good example. He never should have run out of the pocket. Just throw it away. Pre-season game jeez.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I knew Romo was too fragile and mediocre to win a super bowl years ago.  Jerry is an asshat, nothing will change till he dies as he will never sell his prize possession.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly this.  

The same could be said of Danny White during his time as QB.
That, and he was the best punter on the team at the time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't think it is their priority to win. They are making big money. Jones figured out how to squeeze every nickel out of football. That he has proven to be the best to date. He can afford a real GM. It has been close to 30 years.
View Quote

This is pretty much what I think is it. Jones is more interested in making money than winning. He is not going to upset his 30 year business plan of making money by increasing spending to buy better talent. He does just enough to keep the stands full and keep the Boys in contention until T-Day or so and then he starts marketing/selling "next year". Fans have been buying that for a long time now. Why change.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This is pretty much what I think is it. Jones is more interested in making money than winning. He is not going to upset his 30 year business plan of making money by increasing spending to buy better talent. He does just enough to keep the stands full and keep the Boys in contention until T-Day or so and then he starts marketing/selling "next year". Fans have been buying that for a long time now. Why change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think it is their priority to win. They are making big money. Jones figured out how to squeeze every nickel out of football. That he has proven to be the best to date. He can afford a real GM. It has been close to 30 years.

Unfortunately, when he is gone I don't see Steven and Charlotte changing much. Charlotte is pretty much running the marketing department right now and Stephen, unless he changes his mind after Jerruh is gone, will not hire a football GM either. The Jone's are more Al Davis than Art Rooney.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Romo was good enough QB. History has told us teams can win a Super Bowl with a average QB. Ask Trent Difler or even Eli Manning....hell, even Peyton Manning last year. If you have a superb defense, you can win it. The Cowboys defense has been horrible for the longest time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I think Chucky would make a good GM for the Cowboys. I wouldn't have to listen to him on broadcast TV if he were GM. I think he could do the job better than Jerry Jones to boot.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He holds practically every individual Cowboys QB record...
View Quote

Except the ones that count.

I take comfort in having as many Super Bowl rings as Tony Romo.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Think the stat I heard the other day was Romo has only played 3 complete seasons in the last 7 years. Now it looks like that's going to be 3 out of 8 seasons after being injured in the the first minute or so of this last preseason game.  Guess I'll have to hope the Texan's get their act together this year so I have something to watch on Sunday.

Romo breaks bone in back
View Quote

That stat sounds much worse than reality.

Since 2008, Romo has missed 3 games in 08, 10 games in '10, 1 game each in 13 & 14, and 12 games last season.

That said, it's time for him and Dallas to be talking about an exit strategy. His back is done. That hit shouldn't have injured him in that manner.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, when he is gone I don't see Steven and Charlotte changing much. Charlotte is pretty much running the marketing department right now and Stephen, unless he changes his mind after Jerruh is gone, will not hire a football GM either. The Jone's are more Al Davis than Art Rooney.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch. But yeah.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top