Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
City slickers = Chupacabra Super Werewolf

Lola bit the dust, looks like it was time.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The picture looked more like a dachshund.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Nah, probably just well fed off the neighborhood kitties and purse dogs
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Coywolf?

I shot one in East Texas a couple of years ago.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Well fed on cats and garbage. I think the city people are over-exaggerating over a well fed coyote. If it tried to eat your dog, you probably thought it looked like bigfoot at the time.

We have one that hangs around our business on 310 in South Dallas. Dad saw him last about 3 weeks ago at 10 in the morning. I saw him back in May up close as he wandered about 20ft on the other side of the chain-link fence on my neighbors property in the brush. He's pretty random and I've never been able to get a shot at the fucker. He's pretty skinny even though there's a bunch of rabbits out there.

The problem I have is that he comes up from the back of the property, up to the front and wanders around between our buildings with our employees. One employees claims to have yelled at it in an attempt to startle it and chase it away. He said it simply turned his head at him, snarled a bit, turned and kept walking.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Funny..."The wildlife was desperate."  "It was looking for food."

Make no mistake, that's not desperation, that's an intelligent, opportunistic wild animal that's found easy meals. We've pretty much given up on having housecats around our rural home. Coyotes make short work of them. So keep you're defenseless lap dogs in the house.

...and the purported size sounds like a fishing story.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 5:34:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I live in Lakewood in Dallas. We have a pack of well fed Yotes that migrate up the creek line

from White Rock lake and roam throughout our neighborhood eating Cats. I've seen them

probably 10 times this year at night and have videos of them too. Biggest one is easily 60lbs.

They walk right down the middle of my street at night on their way back to the creek like they

own the place. Our female neighbors are absolutely petrified of them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:32:54 AM EDT
[#10]
The people that want a humane removal of the coyote have never seen what a coyote does to people's pets. Choot em.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Where are the super roadrunners when you need them?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where are the super roadrunners when you need them?
View Quote

Those are hard to come by. I see them out at Ray Roberts from time to time. 6 foot tall if they are a foot. My ex wife said they were ostriches. She always lied.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Coywolf?

http://i.imgur.com/5B0rMPa.jpg
View Quote

Did you weigh that?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Saw two in Plano a few years ago that looked like GSD's. Also saw one that was hit by a car on 423 in Little Elm that looked every bit as big as my sister's yellow lab.

Here is one of the airport yotes.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Did you weigh that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Coywolf?

Did you weigh that?

Yeah, it was 57 pounds.
TPWD biologist weighed it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, it was 57 pounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Coywolf?

Did you weigh that?

Yeah, it was 57 pounds.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#17]
That is crazy big.

We have a rat population of unbelievably epic proportions up here in North Texas so I expect the yotes will be fat and in a reproductive mood for awhile.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That is crazy big.

We have a rat population of unbelievably epic proportions up here in North Texas so I expect the yotes will be fat and in a reproductive mood for awhile.
View Quote

I need a yote to hang out in my attic.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Coywolf?

View Quote

i've seen 8-12 of them (coyotes) about that size strung up like that on a fenceline in central Tx.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Ive never seen them, but I hear Yotes in the woods behind my house all the time.  Our neighborhood has had many small dogs and cats go missing
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#21]
So go out and kill them.

People like to spend their time whining instead of on the hunt.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Sometimes the predator becomes the prey:

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Super Coyote?

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Funny you mention that, we saw a rat in our back yard the other day. Standing out there cleaning the pool filter, talking to my wife and all of the sudden she looks past me and says "What the fuck??". I turn around and there's a rat running down the fence going from the street to the back yard between the houses.  First time I've seen a rat in the wild in my 47 years.  This is out in Murphy, solid suburbia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is crazy big.

Funny you mention that, we saw a rat in our back yard the other day. Standing out there cleaning the pool filter, talking to my wife and all of the sudden she looks past me and says "What the fuck??". I turn around and there's a rat running down the fence going from the street to the back yard between the houses.  First time I've seen a rat in the wild in my 47 years.  This is out in Murphy, solid suburbia.

Rats in Murphy?  I'm in Murphy and my pic from a few days ago was from one I trapped in my attic.  I think I'm up to about 17 in the last 3-4 weeks and I was out of town, traps not set, for a week.  The rats are alive and well and dying in my attic about 6AM every morning.  Sounds like a giant staple gun going off.

Who does #2 work for?
First time ever to lead of pg 2!

Jester
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:11:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I live in Lakewood in Dallas. We have a pack of well fed Yotes that migrate up the creek line

from White Rock lake and roam throughout our neighborhood eating Cats. I've seen them

probably 10 times this year at night and have videos of them too. Biggest one is easily 60lbs.

They walk right down the middle of my street at night on their way back to the creek like they

own the place. Our female neighbors are absolutely petrified of them.
View Quote

UPDATE

Went for a midnight bike ride tonight and came face to face with my neighborhood "SUPER COYOTE."

This one was the size of an intermediate to large German Shepard. I'd guess around 80lbs.

He ran straight down the middle of a well lit street for about 2 blocks before he darted off between

two houses. It's crazy how big they get around here in a central Dallas.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s839.photobucket.com/user/Umbrarian/media/Pets/IMG_1990.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz314/Umbrarian/Pets/IMG_1990.jpg</a>
View Quote

Where is this pic taken at? Looks like erwin park in Mckinney.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s839.photobucket.com/user/Umbrarian/media/Pets/IMG_1990.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz314/Umbrarian/Pets/IMG_1990.jpg</a>

My backyard
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My backyard
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My backyard

nice
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#31]
The coyotes around White Rock Lake in Dallas are larger due to genetics and availability of food. More importantly it has been proven that many North Texas coyotes are Red Wolf x Coyote hybrids and are larger than coyotes found elsewhere. This has been scientifically documented and would encourage anyone interested to read this scientific paper on it written by famous coyote/wolf researcher David Mech:

http://wolf.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/312systematicstatusWild-Canis.pdf

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is crazy big.

Two years ago, our AC went out, so I put a window unit in the bedroom until we got it fixed. We too are in the middle of suburbia, 60x120ft lot, surrounded by homes. There was a shelf next to the window and I didn't give it much thought. When I took the AC unit out, I found rat turds on the window seal. I figured my wife would freak, so I kept my mouth shut. What are the odds that a rat is still in the house, right?

FML

Little bastard ends up behind the couch rattling a piece of newspaper. Wife runs screaming into the bedroom, slams the door behind her.

FML

The only cool part was getting to play urban safari in the house with my air rifle.

We had a possum run through the yard a few weeks ago that we caught on the security cameras, so you never know.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The coyotes around White Rock Lake in Dallas are larger due to genetics and availability of food. More importantly it has been proven that many North Texas coyotes are Red Wolf x Coyote hybrids and are larger than coyotes found elsewhere. This has been scientifically documented and would encourage anyone interested to read this scientific paper on it written by famous coyote/wolf researcher David Mech:

http://wolf.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/312systematicstatusWild-Canis.pdf

View Quote

Thanks for posting this paper. That makes a lot of sense because the ones I'm seeing around here certainly don't look like your garden variety Coyote.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Seems the man-law about dog size is for the good of the dogs as well.

Nothing smaller than a football.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:50:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Two years ago, our AC went out, so I put a window unit in the bedroom until we got it fixed. We too are in the middle of suburbia, 60x120ft lot, surrounded by homes. There was a shelf next to the window and I didn't give it much thought. When I took the AC unit out, I found rat turds on the window seal. I figured my wife would freak, so I kept my mouth shut. What are the odds that a rat is still in the house, right?

FML

Little bastard ends up behind the couch rattling a piece of newspaper. Wife runs screaming into the bedroom, slams the door behind her.

FML

The only cool part was getting to play urban safari in the house with my air rifle.

We had a possum run through the yard a few weeks ago that we caught on the security cameras, so you never know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is crazy big.

FML

FML

Somebody say rat in the AC?  Got it!  In the wrong place when it hot hot in the house. Been lucky in the house so far, they are on the other side of the Sheetrock.
" />
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top