Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#1]
They all look like nice law abiding boys.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
What a moron and a group of morons! One dude did not wear a mask and to top it off his buddies did a heist with someone that did not wear a mask.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Are they NObama's sons?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Only got back 3 handguns?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Aspiring rappers ?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aspiring rappers ?
View Quote

Yo Yo YO!!!!!

They Be Keeping It REAL!!! ... *

BIGGER_HAMMER

* Like they gonna have some REAL pain in the ass when the gets to prison...
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:46:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

The ATF snapped up all the rest, for shipment to the Sinaloa cartel.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They show pics of 3 of the 4 that were caught. What about the other 3 that were not caught? The news story does not mention them that I see. But then again, I only counted 6 on the video.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Dindu's
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:15:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Aspiring rappers ?
View Quote

Negative, they all had just turned their lives around...and we're starting med school this fall to become brain surgeons....
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#11]
No cure for cancer this year.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:41:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Hang them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Once convicted, these guys need to go to prison for a VERY LONG TIME as an example to others that stealing firearms will be punished severely.  

Unfortunately, I highly doubt this will happen and the government will continue to create more laws to punish law abiding gun owners.  At least they'll have easier access to books & computers for the next few months.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Once convicted, these guys need to go to prison for a VERY LONG TIME as an example to others that stealing firearms will be punished severely.  

Unfortunately, I highly doubt this will happen and the government will continue to create more laws to punish law abiding gun owners.  At least they'll have easier access to books & computers for the next few months.
View Quote

I don't think the DA in Ellis Co is very strong, but whatever they get, it will be longer than what they would have got in Dallas Co.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't think the DA in Ellis Co is very strong, but whatever they get, it will be longer than what they would have got in Dallas Co.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since ATF involved, could this also fall under the feds?  I think the FEDERAL GOVT should step up enforcement of current gun laws but we all know that is not the current agenda.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Since ATF involved, could this also fall under the feds?  I think the FEDERAL GOVT should step up enforcement of current gun laws but we all know that is not the current agenda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But we need more laws to fix this issue..  You know like double secret probation or something.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

But we need more laws to fix this issue..  You know like double secret probation or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are telling your age.  Wouldn't double secret probation be like double jeopardy or something?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:41:20 PM EDT
[#18]
They will all get probation. In an effort to pay back the store owner for the dammage. Then they will not pay the restitution as court orderd, and receive a 4 to 5 yr sentence to TDCJ. Then they will return to the street to steal more guns.

P.S I am shure thier attorney (court appointed) will chhastize the police for racial profiling. You knoww the wite man is keeping the black man down.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:35:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Unless things have changed, wouldn't these individuals be charged in federal court?  What is the minimum sentence allowed?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Under federal statutes, whoever steals a firearm from an FFL can get up to 10 years in prison. (See 18 USC 922(u) and  18 USC 924(i) (l) and (m)) They could get less as federal sentences are dependent on the US Sentencing Guidelines which take into account the violators past criminal history and the nature of the crime that they are being convicted of. These guys could also be charged with Conspiracy (18 USC 371)
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Under federal statutes, whoever steals a firearm from an FFL can get up to 10 years in prison. (See 18 USC 922(u) and  18 USC 924(i) (l) and (m)) They could get less as federal sentences are dependent on the US Sentencing Guidelines which take into account the violators past criminal history and the nature of the crime that they are being convicted of. These guys could also be charged with Conspiracy (18 USC 371)
View Quote

This is what I was talking to my wife about this morning. They are sitting in the Ellis Co jail, not a federal facility, so there's doubt they'll see federal charges unless they're waiting to get transferred.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:32:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This is what I was talking to my wife about this morning. They are sitting in the Ellis Co jail, not a federal facility, so there's doubt they'll see federal charges unless they're waiting to get transferred.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rarely do you see a suspect housed at a federal facility directly after arrest. They Feds will contact the locals or vice versa to pick up the charges. Then and only then will they be transferred to a federal facility.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Rarely do you see a suspect housed at a federal facility directly after arrest. They Feds will contact the locals or vice versa to pick up the charges. Then and only then will they be transferred to a federal facility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doubt that will happen.  They're not white.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#25]
A transfer wont happen until after an indictment is secured and an initial appearance is scheduled before a Federal magistrate. Once that happens the suspect can be housed in a federal holding facility or sent back to the county jail for housing until trial. The US Marshals Service has contracts with various counties to house prisoners.

Federal charges also depend on where the suspects will get the most time. If the turd will get more time in state court, the US Attorney can pass on prosecuting the case.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Isn't this the shop that had no crash barriers?  The outside wall was nothing more than drywall and 2X4s,

The owner was and probably is a complete idiot.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Isn't this the shop that had no crash barriers?  The outside wall was nothing more than drywall and 2X4s,

View Quote

I'm not a fan of victim blaming in instances like this when you have thugs being thugs.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm not a fan of victim blaming in instances like this when you have thugs being thugs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He asked for this grief.  How hard is it to dig some holes, drop in a steel pipe and backfill with concrete?  That is the responsible thing to do.  What he did was essentially wear a clear plastic money belt full of cash.  Did he deserve to get robbed?  No.  Was his lack of security an enticement?  Yes.

He knew this, he's an idiot.  If he didn't know this, he is still an idiot?  If he was too cheap to secure his property, he is just another layer of idiot.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#29]
It's a brick building and the shop is the end unit of a small strip shopping center, probably less than 5 years old. IIRC - he's got concrete poles across the front, but not the side. No windows or anything on that side either.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top