Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2016 12:40:42 AM EDT
Wednesday June 29th 2016 @ apx 830AM - My grandsons home was burglarized in AZLE TX on Church Rd.
THERE IS A $500 REWARD FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO THE ARREST & RECOVERY OF THESE NFA WEAPONS
His property straddles Parker County & Tarrant County. The Parker County Sheriffs Department took the report & BATFE has been notified.
CLASS 3 ITEMS:
YANKEE HILL MACHINE PHANTOM QD 7.62 CALIBER SUPPRESSOR S/N Y19341
SILENCERCO OCTANE45 45CALIBER SUPPRESSOR S/N OCT45-5268
SPIKES TACTICAL AR15 COLLAPSABLE STOCK SBR  MODEL # SL15 S/N SAR70572 WITH WALTER QUISENXXXX OKC OK ENGRAVED
ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE RECIEVER
BUSHMASHER 10.5" COMMANDO 5.56 A2 UPPER ENGRAVED WITH WQ7004C ON RIGHT UPPER SIDE NEAR HANDLE
IMPACT ARMS 10.5" 300 BLACKOUT UPPER - BARREL IS THREADED WITH A YHM 3 PRONG FLASH SUPPRESSOR ADAPTOR NO MARKINGS WITH A HAMMERS 3X12X40MM COMPACT SCOPE
TITLE 1 - NON NFA CLASS3 FIREARMS
CZ RAMI PISTOL 9MM 3.5" BARREL MODEL# A022731 S/N# A022731
BROWING BUCKMARK 22LR 5" THREADED BARREL PISTOL S/N 516MW07407
GLOCK 45ACP PISTOL WITH THREADED BARREL MODEL#21SF S/N LPS005
REMINGTON 1100 12GA SHOTGUN S/N UNKOWN
PLEASE GUYS & GALS PASS THE WORD AROUND. Comment on their equipment, look and see if it maybe mine.
Email me if you think you have any leads or comments. Thanks Walter

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll keep my ears open in Wise county. I know a few folks out that way and give them a heads up to do the same.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I am in Van Zandt county but If I hear or see anything I will let you know.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you hit up PawnCop on TGT?
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#4]
How were the firearms stored?

Paladin
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Paladin
View Quote

I'd like to know as well.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paladin

Why does it matter ?
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I think we all know how the guns were stored.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#8]
But let's not forget who the criminal really is
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who is it?
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 12:21:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I don,t leave cash in my driveway ,,,,,,,,, or ANY thing else just out in my house. always in the safes.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why does it matter ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paladin

Why does it matter ?

Honestly its a valid question.    I am interested as well because if it was in a safe and defeated its good information to know which safe to stay away from.   Also how it was defeated.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Who is it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is it?

Not the victim
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Honestly its a valid question.    I am interested as well because if it was in a safe and defeated its good information to know which safe to stay away from.   Also how it was defeated.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paladin

Why does it matter ?

Everything can be broken into easily unless you are willing to spend tens of thousands at min and that will only slow down a criminal more then normal

Besides I have noticed people at this site like to shift blame to the victim when a gun is stollen.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paladin

Why does it matter ?

Stay away from any safe you see at any retail store, sporting goods store, etc. They all sell thin crap that can be opened with a crow bar or cut with a cordless reciprocating saw.

Go to a store specializing in safes or other high end security stuff. Whatever you get sure to anchor it to the floor.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Everything can be broken into easily unless you are willing to spend tens of thousands at min and that will only slow down a criminal more then normal

Besides I have noticed people at this site like to shift blame to the victim when a gun is stollen.
View Quote

If he had no safe at all then he was just asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not the victim
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is it?

Not the victim

Maybe not, but it's criminal not to make sure your Class 3/NFA shit is locked up tight...
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Maybe not, but it's criminal not to make sure your Class 3/NFA shit is locked up tight...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is it?

Not the victim

What is the ATF rule on "tight"
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is no law requiring you to lock up firearms, NFA or otherwise, even if you are an FFL.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, just like when women wear too revealing of an outfit.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go ask your wife your mom or sister if they would like that attitude towards rape.  Then get back with us.  Or you can stop using the democrats / liberals attitude that is used against us.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Go ask your wife your mom or sister if they would like that attitude towards rape.  Then get back with us.  Or you can stop using the democrats / liberals attitude that is used against us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh dear, how childish.   Trying to compare the violent attack of a human being to getting high value items stolen because they were not secured is pretty morally repugnant.

So I guess cars and houses should not have locks and banks should not have vaults either, because after all were not the criminal. It is only common sense to have upgraded security for any high value property or investment (whether it's guns, jewelry or a baseball card collection).

It it wrong for someone to steal your stuff? Yes. But to think that you shouldn't buy a safe because you have the moral high ground is the sign of someone living in more of a utopian fantasy than the average liberal.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oh dear, how childish.   Trying to compare the violent attack of a human being to getting high value items stolen because they were not secured is pretty morally repugnant.

So I guess cars and houses should not have locks and banks should not have vaults either, because after all were not the criminal. It is only common sense to have upgraded security for any high value property or investment (whether it's guns, jewelry or a baseball card collection).

It it wrong for someone to steal your stuff? Yes. But to think that you shouldn't buy a safe because you have the moral high ground is the sign of someone living in more of a utopian fantasy than the average liberal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Childish ?   Yes it is childish of you ever trying to say it's the victims fault.   It's also very childish of you to not understand how wrong you are.

Yes I lock my stuff up and I have a "vault" ( a really really good one too)  But I also know that a lock is very easy to get around and makes the naive think they are good to go.  This is why I have really good insurance to go with my good security.

oh by the way have you ever had anything stollen?  If you did I am certain you could have done better at protecting it with the way you think and it was only your fault.

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paladin

Why does it matter ?

This is why I asked.  Why do people need to stir up shit, do you people not have anything better to do?
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This is why I asked.  Why do people need to stir up shit, do you people not have anything better to do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paladin

Why does it matter ?

Look above.   We have people here that blame the victim.  This has happened before.

If you want something good go to a good safe store not a big box store and ask them what you can get for the amount you are willing to spend.  Just know it can be defeted.  The higher the price the longer it will take to get into it normally.  Anything below several thousand is really just a box to keep honest people out (i.e. Kids).
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is it?

Not the victim

LOL...What a asinine comment  As if the victim had WMD's laying around the house.  

Sucks that his suppressors were stolen...hopefully they will be recovered with serial numbers still in tact next time the local drug house get raided.

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I've seen stuff in gd and other siteswhere it was friends that knew where the safe was or guns were hidden and  even people who broke in to the Car after range time.

I'll keep an eye out op
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There is no law requiring you to lock up firearms, NFA or otherwise, even if you are an FFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I realize that it's not legally considered an actual crime; what I meant is that it would be an egregious error not to ensure that such items were secured to every extent possible.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I realize that it's not legally considered an actual crime; what I meant is that it would be an egregious error not to ensure that such items were secured to every extent possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what is that extent ?
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Sorry OP I will keep an eye out.

To those who want to criticize the victim, nobody cares about your opinion so why do you post your BS?  Look at my post count.  I'm on here every day.  What does your opinion add to this discussion?

When I was young and poor I could not afford a custom $10,000 safe.  Does that mean I was not worthy of owning firearms?  Does my 2nd Amendment right begin after I can absolutely guarantee my firearms won't end up stolen?

Security is all about risk mitigation.  We don't all have the same appetite for risk. I recommend layered security, mine includes a safe, a home alarm system and insurance.  My Dad piles his guns in the closet and has for the 52 years I have known him.  Neither one of us has lost a firearm.  

I'm all about open discussion but I'm also tired of arrogant fucking assholes wasting my very valuable reading time with armchair quarterback, water cooler opinions.

If anyone was offended by this response you have self identified so please stop posting your crap.

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Once again, a bunch of you guys blame the victim not the thief. It's disgusting.

OP, I'll keep an eye out for your stuff.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Apparently a new 10 ga. safe was compromised.  It was not mentioned here  but was mentioned in a GD post.  Hence my question about how they were stored has been answered...

Paladin

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#32]
OP, I will keep an eye out. I frequent several DFW ranges. People are sometimes selling stuff.

Something similar happened to somebody on my dart league team. He got himself killed over his guns. He always talked openly about his guns at the 10 or so bars where we played darts. You are lucky not to have been robbed by somebody willing to take your life.

ETA - The person I mentioned had high dollar safes.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 2:42:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paladin

Why does it matter ?

Thanks for your posts sanangelo, and I agree.  Too many self-appointed “Safe Police” types here just waiting to pounce the gun loss victim.  Knock it off.  They don’t need that pile-on garbage from you condescending safe-storage experts.  

OP came here to notify us of his loss and ask for assistance from our like-minded ‘supportive’ community … just give him your support or keep quiet.

Sorry to hear about your loss OP, I will certainly keep an eye out.  I’m a member at ETTS and also have friends on the Weatherford and Aledo PD near Azle.  I will mention to them as well.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paladin

Why does it matter ?

This,I'm curious to learn from the details of the crime to improve my safeguards.  I'm not interested in San Angelos opinion, I want to know facts for better preparation.  That's a lot of stuff to take a loss on ~ a door kick and duffle bag grab from guns in a closet is very different than a safe room breach and safe assault with multiple offenders. The suspected length  of the assault is also relevant.  Did his security measures slow the offender, or cause any real delay?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Apparently a new 10 ga. safe was compromised.  It was not mentioned here  but was mentioned in a GD post.  Hence my question about how they were stored has been answered...

Paladin
View Quote

Wow, that is a game changer. My safe is 10ga. Sounds like the thiefs knew exactly what they were looking for and not just a random target.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Wow, that is a game changer. My safe is 10ga. Sounds like the thiefs knew exactly what they were looking for and not just a random target.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paladin

A cut off wheel On a battery powered grinder can get in most "gun vaults". 10ga is really not that thick.  Most vaults are usually setup to prevent a pry attack.

What the OP had taken did not warrant a Graffunder safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top