Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2016 10:16:56 AM EDT
Is there a preferably outdoor range in the Conroe area that will let you pickup your brass? I have a catcher for my rifles,  but am tired of not being able to pickup pistol brass anymore since Thunder has these new elevated lanes.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#1]
We pick ours up at Spring Guns and Ammo.  I know it is kind of a way from Conroe.  Not sure about their facility in The  Woodlands.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#2]
And i have people complain or refuse to pick up brass when i let them shoot at my place. Funny how the world works huh.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is there a preferably outdoor range in the Conroe area that will let you pickup your brass? I have a catcher for my rifles,  but am tired of not being able to pickup pistol brass anymore since Thunder has these new elevated lanes.
View Quote

Those elevated lanes are fucky if you drop an allen wrench, live round, scope cap, etc...

I didn't care for them, and they weren't really comfortable.

It's like a crazy unnecessary Rube Goldberg device.

They should have just put in simple cmu/concrete benches like the others.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Gun Emporium on FM2854.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And i have people complain or refuse to pick up brass when i let them shoot at my place. Funny how the world works huh.
View Quote

Is that an invite.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Gun Emporium on FM2854.
View Quote

While I HATE paying extra per gun.  I'm going to check them out.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll come out just to pick up the brass! J/k but I don't understand that people leave it lay.
You can barter with it if not reload.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gun Emporium on FM2854.

If I shoot at a range it's usually this one. I pick up my brass every time even though I don't reload
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Gun Emporium was sold. They are supposed to be having an estate sale there very soon.

Edit: Not sure this was announced yet or not...
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gun Emporium was sold. They are supposed to be having an estate sale there very soon.

Edit: Not sure this was announced yet or not...
View Quote

Thx ...

How do you know about this?
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Changes in ownership happen. If all the facility upgrades come to pass, that are being talked about, it's going to be a terrific shooting venue for the area.

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting.  Are they still open for business?
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Signs posted saying they're closing July 17 and reopening August 1st.  Apparently, they're going to do a lot of work in that time frame. Kind of a 'phase 1' deal.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top