Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2016 5:49:47 AM EDT
Wife and I are talking about moving to Van Zandt County.  It might be in a year or two, maybe ten, will have to see how things go.  Wife's mother will give her two acres of land on the old family plot (2 more to her brother who is just plopped down a modular home).

It's a few miles to a main road, then one mile to I-20.  I can commute to my current job and she can see about teaching locally.  

Anything bad about Van Zandt County?    I grew up in a rural area so I can deal with things, my wife has been in the city her entire life but she did spend a lot of time on the family land as a kid so she'll come to appreciate the difference to Dallas County.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Northwest of Edgewood here.
Just moved up from the Tyler area in March.
Only had one bad thing happen since being there.

The wife's Debit card was skimmed with an rfid reader at a gas station when someone pulled up
to the other side of the pump( the pump was checked out and had no skimmer in it..
The local Barney Fife said to call the Sherriff's office "cause we lived out of town" not realizing it happened "IN" town.

I wish I could help out more but haven't been here that long.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in between Edgewood and Wills Point and have spent most of my life in Van Zandt County. I too had a card skimmed somehow recently not sure if it was at a pump or where it happened at. I personally could not think of a better place on earth to live but I am biased to being at home. I currently have family all over the county and all the surrounding counties. If you have a question about any specific area just let me know.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Heading there in an hour to meet some arfcommers.

Great place, far enough out, close enough to not matter.

There's an arfcom store there.

Txl
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 5:11:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Txl
View Quote

This is a nice bonus!
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is a nice bonus!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Txl

This is a nice bonus!

I'm in Quitman (Wood) and love the fact it's so close.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:38:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, didn't know if anything happened besides meth (assumed from being a small town in whitey-land ).

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:29:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks, didn't know if anything happened besides meth (assumed from being a small town in whitey-land ).

View Quote

There is still plenty of that stuff (meth) around the area and once every year or two they get a large bust.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top