Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2016 11:02:05 AM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/08/open-carry-in-texas-much-ado-about-nothing-despite-doomsayers-predictions.html

Pretty much my experience.

Sunday I had to find and retrieve my bull and fix the fences he tore up on his pussy hunt, so I strapped on my rig (cartridge belt and SA .44 Special) and went to town for feed and fencing supplies. In the farm store nobody seemed to notice or care that I was OC-ing. Stopped by the local Allsup's on the way home to grab 150 lbs. of deer corn and walked right past a cop standing on the front porch drinking coffee and talking. He never gave me a second glance. Same on the way out and when loading the corn.

So at least in this part of the world, doesn't seem to be much of a big deal.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/08/open-carry-in-texas-much-ado-about-nothing-despite-doomsayers-predictions.html

Sunday I had to find and retrieve my bull and fix the fences he tore up on his pussy hunt, so I strapped on my rig (cartridge belt and SA .44 Special) and went to town for feed and fencing supplies. In the farm store nobody seemed to notice or care that I was OC-ing. Stopped by the local Allsup's on the way home to grab 150 lbs. of deer corn and walked right past a cop standing on the front porch drinking coffee and talking. He never gave me a second glance. Same on the way out and when loading the corn.

View Quote
More importantly, how did the hunt go?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I found him he was pretty much a loner with a boner. The nearest cows in that pasture of the ranch were around a mile away.

Verdict: Unsuccessful.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

They sell deer corn at Allsup's? Is it cheaper there than the farm store? The real question is whether you got one of their world famous fried burritos while you were there. I miss those damn things sooo much.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:41:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They sell deer corn at Allsup's? Is it cheaper there than the farm store? The real question is whether you got one of their world famous fried burritos while you were there. I miss those damn things sooo much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, $7.99 per 50 lbs. $7.49 for 40.lbs. at the farm store. No gut bomb that day. Too early in the morning!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up 50lb bags of corn for 5.99 a bag at tractor supply yesterday
Pretty good deal I went to atttwoods today and saw them for $7
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#6]
No it aint no big deal at all but sign makers got rich over it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No it aint no big deal at all but sign makers got rich over it.
View Quote

I think it's great.

It forced businesses to display their colors on the subject, now I can shop wisely at gun friendly stores.

Sign companies are private industry, so the economy benefited.

I gained a Right back that I lost moving to Texas, and while many businesses may post signage, before the law it was 100% illegal to do it anyways.

I'm guessing the few places that have posted both .06 and .07 did so in misunderstanding or in a few minuscule fraction, did so purposely because they were now informed/educated on proper signage.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#8]
1911 shown in the link is at "half cock"?

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I've still yet to see anyone open carrying.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:37:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

1911 shown in the link is at "half cock"?
View Quote

Series 80?

ETA: oh. Now I see what the is for.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Blood knee high flowing in the streets from all the horrific murders....

Bodies having to be burned in towering funeral pyres...

Every parking lot dispute a fire fight with innocent nuns and babies riddled...

I must be tuned into some lame ass news, because even though I'm listening and watching for it,  I'm not seeing or hearing all those many stories of Open Carry death and destruction that the Lib - Tards were telling us were coming at us just as certain as "Climate Change"...  

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I still haven't seen even one person OCing yet.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I still haven't seen even one person OCing yet.

View Quote

I've only seen one. Some older guy with a Taurus revolver in a crossdraw holster.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I have not seen anyone OC'ing either...
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw someone in a Taco Caca last Friday.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have not seen anyone OC'ing either...
View Quote
I have not either but that doesn't mean much. I was talking to the deli counter dude at the grocery store and he said he has seen more than a few people come in open carrying. I guess the trick is to stand still long enough in public to see OC.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Saw one person a couple weeks back at Lowes that had a S&W stainless auto in a pancake holster.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I saw someone in a Taco Caca last Friday.
View Quote
Which taco bell?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top