Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2016 12:03:22 PM EDT
Looking for someone who is trustworthy to do the job professionally.  Willing to pay for good service and anywhere in SA or around SA is fine.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking for someone who is trustworthy to do the job professionally.  Willing to pay for good service and anywhere in SA or around SA is fine.  

Thanks
View Quote

Are you just looking to swap out some glock sights?
ETA: what part of town.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, swapping sights.  I live just north of downtown, near SAC.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not my neck of the woods, but swapping glock sights is very simple and straightforward. Most gun shops will do it while you wait or free with the purchase of new sights. I do it myself with a sight pusher for the rear sight and a small socket for the front. The tools cost me about $30.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not my neck of the woods, but swapping glock sights is very simple and straightforward. Most gun shops will do it while you wait or free with the purchase of new sights. I do it myself with a sight pusher for the rear sight and a small socket for the front. The tools cost me about $30.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  I already bought the sights online.  I'll try Nagel's or Don's.  I'd like to try it myself but I saw that the sights may have to be filed, I'd hate to screw then up.  
Can the tools be bought locally, sight pusher, in particular??  I might get a wild hair and go for it myself.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks.  I already bought the sights online.  I'll try Nagel's or Don's.  I'd like to try it myself but I saw that the sights may have to be filed, I'd hate to screw then up.  
Can the tools be bought locally, sight pusher, in particular??  I might get a wild hair and go for it myself.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought both the pusher and the socket off of eBay. I've put new sights on all 4 of my Glocks. Never a problem.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:50:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
If you can't find anyone local, just cover the shipping to and from San Antonio to Round Rock, I'll send you my Glock sight tools, and you can do it yourself. It is too easy to pay someone to do it for you. I think less than $15, for the round trip of the tool. It has easy instructions, and is a high quality sight tool, not some cheap crap. My tool: http://www.glockmeister.com/Glockmeister-Sight-Tool-for-All-GLOCK-Models/productinfo/GMST/
What brand are the sights? With this tool, I highly doubt any filing will be needed.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 6:21:06 AM EDT
[#7]
If you feel like venturing into Austin, GT Distributors will do it for free, regardless of where you purchased the sights. Their armorer is fast and does a clean job. 5 minutes in/out most of the time.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Go to the gun show today.  There is a Glock Armorer there that will do it while you wait or in a short time.  Walk around until you see his booth, you will know when you find it because it's littered with Glock stuff.  Nagels will take 2-3 weeks and probably charge you $250 to do it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Durys will do it for free if you ask me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Go to the gun show today.  There is a Glock Armorer there that will do it while you wait or in a short time.  Walk around until you see his booth, you will know when you find it because it's littered with Glock stuff.  Nagels will take 2-3 weeks and probably charge you $250 to do it.
View Quote
Another fan of Nagels I see. Only thing you forgot was the shitty attitude from the counter monkey.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Another fan of Nagels I see. Only thing you forgot was the shitty attitude from the counter monkey.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been in their store around 25-30 times.  I have only had one good experience and it was the last time I was in there.  Sadly all I bought was gun oil.  All the other times they have been major tools.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 1:26:39 AM EDT
[#12]
For a Glock sight install:

Adelbridge Firearms  on San Pedro

Dons Gunshop  at I-410 and Fredericksberg Rd

Durys Gunshop on Hot Wells Blvd.  Durys will  install for free  if you bought the gun and / or sights from them.

Nagels has skilled gunsmiths but the customer service is horrible  and the attitude is insufferable.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For a Glock sight install:

Adelbridge Firearms  on San Pedro

Dons Gunshop  at I-410 and Fredericksberg Rd

Durys Gunshop on Hot Wells Blvd.  Durys will  install for free  if you bought the gun and / or sights from them.

Nagels has skilled gunsmiths but the customer service is horrible  and the attitude is insufferable.
View Quote

Durys will do it for free even if you didn't buy it from us provided you ask for me or ask nicely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top