BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2016 1:55:37 AM EDT
[edited]
-Amarillo has highest ratio of Islamic refugees and requests US stop
-Rapes in Amarillo relatively steady to 2012, then double in 2013 and 2014

Here is the reality:

Not a lot of media coverage, but that correlation is troubling.  No one has seen or posted that graphic.  I had to make it myself from the raw data.  This will never be seen on the media. I seriously doubt you will be allowed to post it on Facebook without it being censored and removed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Most crime occurs in the summer because ice cream.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see the post-2012 jump, but it looks like Amarillo has always been a bit rapey compared to the rest of the state.
View Quote

Amarillo is a high crime city, it's true.  Amarillo is a useful case study, because it's population is small enough for the data to be more clear, and it has the highest per-capita refugee population.    What's interesting is the rates of all other crimes (robbery, murder, etc), are all fairly flat.  But rape has doubled.  This is consistent with Islamic immigration issues.  The don't tend to murder more or rob more (so much), but they rape the local women.  Local children, actually.

It appears that they prefer raping school aged girls, if this is any indicator:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-28939089
That's BBC news-  not some right wing spin doctor website.  Based on the numbers, that comes out to I'm guessing around 1 in 4 or so school aged girls in that English town, were forcably raped (dragged into cars and such), and some were human trafficked.   These would be the white girls by the way, they did not target their own.  5 people were prosecuted.  2 have sentences longer than 4 years.  1400 child rape victims.  This went on long term while the police ignored plee's for help (because it would be racist and career destroying to do so) - so the actual number of rape incidents amongst those kids would likely be well into the 10's of thousands.  

Most of the European rape is covered up.  This has been going on in Sweden for years, but they cover it up, for political correctness reasons.  Anyone who brings it up, is called racist, fired, and destroyed.  Workers in Rotherham were discovering the systematic child rape, but when they brought it up, they were demoted and called racist.  I'm not making this up - BBC news and countless other respectable news agencies are now reporting this.

This is really happening.  There is no upside to this, this is happening so Washington elites and liberals can have their feel-goods, while not being told this is really happening to their citizens.  The ones raped tend to be children in poverty for the most part - and nobody cares about them I guess.  It wasn't until upper class German party college girls started being affect on New Years, that they couldn't keep a lid on it anymore.  It's still mostly being covered up.

Just look at this article.  Nothing to see here, everything's fine.  It's actually a good thing it doubled, because blah blah (seriously, they actually say that).
http://www.newschannel10.com/story/27954374/amarillo-ranked-highest-for-reported-rapes-in-texas
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#4]
oil boom and bust?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Most crime occurs in the summer because ice cream.
View Quote

That would be why I posted the control group statistic alongside.  Also, all other crime is relatively flat.  

In general, I imagine most of the refuges are fine.  But they bring and apparently tolerate this trash with them, and our screening process is not effective at controlling it.  Everyone is focusing on single men.  That's not actually who I think it is. I think it's 15-25 yr old males without fathers.   I suspect this is more a case of youth hormones, social reinforcement (unclean foreign sluts dressing like whores deserve it), and male youth accompanied by single moms (dad died in the war).  By that  is just conjecture.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
oil boom and bust?
View Quote

That would be why I posted state statistics alongside as a control.  Also, Amarillo is not the strongest oil-city in Texas.  But it's a fair question.  Odessa is another very rough town in Texas.  It does indeed have an increase in crime, but that's an increase in all violent crime, not just rape.  And the increase is not as large as seen in Amarillo.

http://www.usa.com/odessa-tx-crime-and-crime-rate.htm

I don't know what Odessa's refugee population statistics are to level the comparison.  

You do see what you want to see, and don't see what you don't want to see.  It's true.  And that's why I wanted to see the actual crime statistics.  I went into this with a theory, and the data hit the theory pretty darned well.  But yes, this could be a case of seeing what I was looking to see.  What I don't see, is an explanation that sounds better.  This does not look like random noise.  It does not look like a general increase in mayhem that might be due to oilfield activity (murder stays about the same).  What I do see, is consistent with what other 1st world nations are experiencing when bringing in large amounts of Islamic refugees (particularly refugees without fathers - I suspect).

I also cross checked the hate-crime statistics (code for white on other-race crime).  Wondering if perhaps the locals were abusing the poor refugees..  There were 0 hate crimes reported in Amarillo in 2014, and similar in 2013.

What I have not seen, is how bringing in Islamic refugees is of benefit to America.  It's the "Right Thing To Do", is getting a lot of lower-class kids raped in Europe and creating strife those countries previously did not enjoy.  To a measurable extent, it appears to also be happening in America.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Any information on how the police deal with rape.  That crime can be a hard one to track the real numbers as it can be difficult to get some victims to report it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any information on how the police deal with rape.  That crime can be a hard one to track the real numbers as it can be difficult to get some victims to report it.
View Quote

No data.

In the US, we're less likely to sweep such things under the rug so completely like they do in Sweden and other European countries.  There's some pressure to do so, but tolerance for cover-ups is low.  Nonetheless, that news article link from Amarillo is disturbing in it's complicity.  

In general it's difficult for a child to report the crime, as they aren't always believed, and often involves a family member or other pressures to remain silent.  But it's easier to report when it's a random attack, or by someone not a family member.  My guess is the US won't ever be quite as bad as Europe, right now, but if someone like Bernie Sanders gets elected... wow.

My advise to you is to not read up on Rotherham very much.  It's literally some of the most horrible material I've ever read, and has significantly affected me this week.  I'm not a happier person for it.  

Sweden has some nearly equally horrible stuff, and an even more agressive cover-up campaign, so it's harder to follow.  But things like this, will keep you awake at night.  Again, I can't say I recommend watching this:  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uNBoUqGvVs  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1OjMjmIYCg
here's the testimony of one that they targeted groomed, started drugging, and started repeatedly raping at 12 years old, then tricked her out for money.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8qkO3NZpzE
This happened to a significant portion of the township population - in the double digits percentile of that age group.  I hope someone is making sure that doesn't happen in Amarillo.  It's a poor town, and I doubt any of the Federal agencies sending the refugee's there give a shit about the low-income locals - they're focus and job is to focus on the refugees.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#9]
What are the demographics of the criminals.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Data not available.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Data not available.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Data not available.

That's the data that always gets hidden when they don't what people to know anything
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's he data that always gets hidden when they don't what people to know anything
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Data not available.

That's he data that always gets hidden when they don't what people to know anything

Possibly, but maybe they did and the 3rd party website that compiles the data doesn't feel like including that level of detail.  Not sure.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oil and gas workers obviously.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Also I think the highest rate of RAPE, as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I see the post-2012 jump, but it looks like Amarillo has always been a bit rapey compared to the rest of the state.
View Quote

We are the confluence of I40 and I27. That means that East West traffic from Chicago and Memphis directly transits Amarillo on the way to LA. It also means that we are the primary route out of South Texas to Colorado and points north. That means lots of "travelers" come through here, some ok....some not.

Fortunately, I have yet to see a "self defense" shooting where anyone was indicted. As long as there is ANY REASONABLE justification for it.....the local Law Enforcement apparatus- police, sheriff, DA's etc....shrug their shoulders and go on about their business.....

The Islamic community here is mainly Somalians with some Burmese as well. Generally, other than being incredibly poor drivers they are not a large part of our local criminal problems. You can see for yourself-

http://amarillo.com/news/crime-and-courts/2015-10-10/potter-county-indictments

This is a recent list of indictments of local criminals. Most of those folks are black or hispanic, if names and surnames are any indication of ethnic origin.

Amarillo has long had a large number of immigrants. We have a very active Catholic Family Services branch here- and many churches that provide relief. In the 80's we took in large number of Vietnamese, Cambodians and Laotians. They have integrated very well for the most part though we have some Asian gang activity- they have their own neighborhoods here, largely confined to the north east side of town. They don't bother folks outside their own area much. We took in quite a few Burmese in the early 2000's and most recently, yes, Somalians and some folks other parts of Africa.

The Illegal Mexicans are probably the largest problem we have in terms of immigrant criminal activity. Lots of theft, fighting, occasional killings, domestic violence and yes, rape.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We are the confluence of I40 and I27. That means that East West traffic from Chicago and Memphis directly transits Amarillo on the way to LA. It also means that we are the primary route out of South Texas to Colorado and points north. That means lots of "travelers" come through here, some ok....some not.

Fortunately, I have yet to see a "self defense" shooting where anyone was indicted. As long as there is ANY REASONABLE justification for it.....the local Law Enforcement apparatus- police, sheriff, DA's etc....shrug their shoulders and go on about their business.....

The Islamic community here is mainly Somalians with some Burmese as well. Generally, other than being incredibly poor drivers they are not a large part of our local criminal problems. You can see for yourself-

This is a recent list of indictments of local criminals. Most of those folks are black or hispanic, if names and surnames are any indication of ethnic origin.

Amarillo has long had a large number of immigrants. We have a very active Catholic Family Services branch here- and many churches that provide relief. In the 80's we took in large number of Vietnamese, Cambodians and Laotians. They have integrated very well for the most part though we have some Asian gang activity- they have their own neighborhoods here, largely confined to the north east side of town. They don't bother folks outside their own area much. We took in quite a few Burmese in the early 2000's and most recently, yes, Somalians and some folks other parts of Africa.

The Illegal Mexicans are probably the largest problem we have in terms of immigrant criminal activity. Lots of theft, fighting, occasional killings, domestic violence and yes, rape.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you, I was hoping to get a local perspective on this.  Thoughts on the recent spike, after 10 years of relatively level rates?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quite a few of those refugees in Amarillo work in the slaughterhouses and packing plants. Sudanese, Somali, East Africans. I know quite a few of them in Dallas and they are all solid citizens.

Not sure about the spike in sexual assaults in Amarillo but the oil field trash down around Alice and Falfurrias in recent years has led to massive increases in all kinds of criminal activity.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thank you, I was hoping to get a local perspective on this.  Thoughts on the recent spike, after 10 years of relatively level rates?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have always had a very high level of rape and also Aggravated Assaults in Amarillo for some reason as compared to the rest of the state.

There are two ways to look at the rape statistics- 1. We have a shit ton of rapes OR 2. We get more REPORTED rapes. Rape is one of those crimes where people tend to not report, that's well documented statistically in general. Because we are a very religious community (Outside of a few largely Mormon counties in Utah, Amarillo is one of the MOST conservative areas in the country- No Republican nominee for President has taken this area by less than 61% of the vote since 1952) crime is punished fairly harshly and law enforcement is generally fairly efficient and competent. Yea, we have some turds that wear a uniform but you're going to find that everywhere. Our DA's LOVE to prosecute people and juries here LOVE to send folks away.....for a long time. I think people feel that if they make a complaint, something will come of it.....

The spike, I can't really speak to. If I had to make a guess it would be due to Illegal immigrant influx. The fucking southern border has been wide open these last few years and because we are a "transit point" for dope, well, illegals go along with dope like peanut butter and jelly.....We have major drug busts every week, good quantities of heroin, pot, meth---all coming out of Mexico and headed for the interior US or coasts. Every once in awhile we get some cash headed the other way......I'll visit with some cops I know quietly and see if there are any serious issues with the Somalians etc.....Anecdotally, I can say that one of my office mates is one of the most prominent criminal defense lawyers in the area, been in practice over 40 years, many death penalty cases etc....including a few that were rather infamous....I can only recall that he has had 2 or 3 Somalian clients over the last 6-8 years.

As another poster reported, most of the African Muslims that I have had contact with here- and I meet many in my business, are pretty decent folks. They work in the Cargill or Swift packing plants and work like fucking dogs. They are largely segregated to a few large apartment complexes around town. The ones I have known are not particularly militant about their faith. Yes, the women wear modest clothing and head scarves- not covering their faces but on their heads, and they generally don't like to be around men not of their faith but mostly they seem to want to work and improve their lot in life. The women all work outside the home and drive cars...not very well, but they do drive..... One thing I do know, they are very loyal. If you help one of them with some kind of problem (and there are many shitheels that try to fuck them over- car note lots, apartments, cell phone people etc.....) they will always come to you and bring friends and family. If you are "their guy"....then you are "their guy" for life. .....Which, as an attorney handling injury claims as I am, that's a good thing.

Funny story time. I had several Somalian clients that were injured in a horrendous wreck. I think in the end I represented 11 people (Van on way to packing plant rolled over)...We had a huge settlement conference, interpreter, lots of lawyers etc...There was nowhere near enough money to really compensate people....As I was explaining the various settlement amounts to the clients- we all met in one room-have to disclose everything to everyone in a deal like that, one of the women who did not really understand what was going on got really pissed at me...(she later came around once she understood what was happening) ....She yelled at me in English- "Fuck You".....It was a very emotional experience for everyone.....some people had died etc......IMMEDIATELY there were three men on their feet and I dunno what was said, but whatever it was, she sat her ass down RIGHT FUCKING NOW and kept quiet for the rest of the meeting.....So, yes, their beliefs are not the same as ours, I'm sure they have a much more limited view of "womens rights", they are very conservative- but I don't believe they are overtly militant.

Having said that, it can certainly change. There is some research about certain percentage of population that make a shift more likely, I want to say when they reach about 15-20% of population, they expect more accommodation etc... You will notice that France has the MOST PROBLEMS with Second Generation immigrants who failed to assimilate and gain economic progress. It's something to keep an eye on for certain..... But most of the folks that are here, that I have had contact with, seem to be damn happy to have a decent roof over their heads, some good food and nobody shooting at them.....
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#21]
There is a fairly significant influx of Somali's in Fort Worth with no discernible affect on the crime rate. The causes of crime spikes are often very hard to nail down. In the case of rape, there is a chance that actual reporting has gone up versus a true increase in the criminal activity itself. There might have been a public education campaign in your area that caused victims to feel more comfortable with reporting a rape compared to a few years ago. As suggested, the expansion of oil and gas drilling has created a job market for folks that normally can't get good jobs like that. They flood into an area and often stay after they lose their jobs. I know a few people working in the oil fields and they are good guys but there's no question that there are some bad guys working on rigs. Without demographic data to go with the rape statistics it's going to be hard to nail that down.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you again for the reply Will.  I could see the Latin America illegal immigration also contributing to the problems, but again, I would have expected all crime to shoot up, not just rape.  Also, one would think that would be a state-wide issue, yet it appears that the crime statistics are actually declining for Texas (up to 2014 at least, where our data stops).  

To cross check, I looked at Victoria Texas just now:  http://www.usa.com/victoria-tx-crime-and-crime-rate.htm
That too is a very rough Texas town.  And I do see they have had a major spike in rapes, doubling in 2013 and 2014.  And similar to Amarillo, no real change in murder or robbery (which is just odd - if it were illegals).  and a rather precipitous drop in assaults and theft.  Strange.  I do not know if Victoria is a refugee dumping ground.

I don't disagree with your assessment.  The vast majority of the adult refugees are going to be hard working people happy to be here.  It's actually their youth (especially the father-less ones) that I am worried about.  Especially if you bring in a critical mass of them, and they are lost, and form a gang to prey upon the locals.  This is what is happening in Europe.  And their 2nd generation kids, just like what happened in France - though France tee'd that up by bringing them in, and then treating them like second class citizens with no hope of a future.  Fortunately, we are better at integration than those guys are.  

Does anyone know if Victoria is a major nexus for Middle-East refugee placement?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:10:26 PM EDT
[#23]
If I recall correctly, methods of reporting sexual assaults changed in 2012.  There might be your reason.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If I recall correctly, methods of reporting sexual assaults changed in 2012.  There might be your reason.
View Quote

Unless that was a local change, it doesn't explain the Amarillo doubling while Texas is still declining.  And this isn't a case of 1 guy when on a spree and raped 4 people vs 2; the sample size is large enough to suggest something changed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Unless that was a local change, it doesn't explain the Amarillo doubling while Texas is still declining.  And this isn't a case of 1 guy when on a spree and raped 4 people vs 2; the sample size is large enough to suggest something changed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It could very well be local.  Depends on if anyone was following guidelines  before.

It makes me wonder if TAMU sexual assault stats are now lumped into the total.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The issue with trying to find the cause is the lack of demographics being reported.  Not trying to point to any group for the cause but when people suppress all the information it starts to make you wonder if something is hidden for a reason.

Like has been said before it could be that the area has always had a high volume of this type of crime and it was never reported correctly or considered to be of high priority to the local law enforcement.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The issue with trying to find the cause is the lack of demographics being reported.  Not trying to point to any group for the cause but when people suppress all the information it starts to make you wonder if something is hidden for a reason.

Like has been said before it could be that the area has always had a high volume of this type of crime and it was never reported correctly or considered to be of high priority to the local law enforcement.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think anything is being hidden. Police departments report crime stats to the FBI yearly, those reports included race, gender, age, etc of the suspect. They don't include data on whether the suspect is an immigrant or practices a certain religion,etc. They don't report that because they don't record it as part of their initial reporting. In other words, if I take a report on a sexual assault I would report all of the demographic data that I could find but religion and country of origin is not something I or the victim would know unless we caught the rapist. A good percentage of sexual assault reports are going to have an unknown suspect and the victim might not be even able to identify the race of the suspect or might misidentify him, i.e. mistake an Middle Eastern male for a black male or a Hispanic male. Even if the suspect is caught and his country of origin and religious beliefs are known that is not, to my knowledge, reported to the FBI or any other organization. You might be able to get that information from your local PD but it's going to be incomplete data for the reasons I stated above.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't think anything is being hidden. Police departments report crime stats to the FBI yearly, those reports included race, gender, age, etc of the suspect. They don't include data on whether the suspect is an immigrant or practices a certain religion,etc. They don't report that because they don't record it as part of their initial reporting. In other words, if I take a report on a sexual assault I would report all of the demographic data that I could find but religion and country of origin is not something I or the victim would know unless we caught the rapist. A good percentage of sexual assault reports are going to have an unknown suspect and the victim might not be even able to identify the race of the suspect or might misidentify him, i.e. mistake an Middle Eastern male for a black male or a Hispanic male. Even if the suspect is caught and his country of origin and religious beliefs are known that is not, to my knowledge, reported to the FBI or any other organization. You might be able to get that information from your local PD but it's going to be incomplete data for the reasons I stated above.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am talking about the news reports about the rape statistics.   They only really talk about the numbers not the demographics.   Yes the FBI has what they can get but they are rarely ever discussed in the news paper.  That's what I have a issue with.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I am talking about the news reports about the rape statistics.   They only really talk about the numbers not the demographics.   Yes the FBI has what they can get but they are rarely ever discussed in the news paper.  That's what I have a issue with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The newspaper is always going to go with something simple and easy to understand. They usually don't go into to a lot of depth because they think their readers don't care and don't have the attention span to read a detailed article (which is sadly true); they are trying to cut down on details because of printing costs (I can read my local paper is under 30 minutes, closer to 15) and in my experience most reporters are really lazy (there are a few real heavy hitters but most are just in it for the paycheck).  If you want more details you will have to approach you local PD yourself and try and get data from them. Prepare to be underwhelmed. They may not have what you are seeking because they either didn't collect it in a way to capture what you are looking for or their records system isn't set up to retrieve what you need. Most PD's are running exactly what they need to get the job done and nothing else. State of the are they are not. They can probably pull up UCR data because that's what they are required by law to capture but that's going to be pretty generic. Race, sex, height, weight..etc.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
oil boom and bust?
View Quote

I have never thought there was much oil activity in amarillo. Some yes but it definitely is not an oil town.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I have never thought there was much oil activity in amarillo. Some yes but it definitely is not an oil town.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
oil boom and bust?

Not much oil here. Further north and east and mostly gas at that. Our economy revolves around healthcare with regional medical, Pantex, education- primary and secondary and lots of Ag. Some financial of course, conventions etc.....and of course all the business associated with being on a major highway- hotels, gas stations, restaurants....the usual.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top