Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2015 2:22:18 PM EDT
Anyone interested in going?  I've been to one of these before, it was fun and very laid back.  I am not a member, but these are open to the public.  I am definitely going, just thought it would be a good opportunity to meet some other ARFcom members and blast some shotguns.  If you don't happen to have a shotgun I'm more than happy to share mine although I will warn you, the wire stock is not particularly comfortable if you have to use slugs on any of the stages :)

http://www.dallaspistolclub.com/tactical-shotgun.html

Where: Dallas Pistol Club

Tactical Shotgun matches usually consist of 4-5 stages (60-75 rounds required), primarily utilizing steel targets shot with birdshot. Tactical aspects are addressed, such as, but not limited to: shoot/don't shoot and "hostage" targets, use of cover and concealment, reloading and weak side shooting techniques. We also usually have at least one stage, such as a "plate rack" that is primarily speed shooting oriented. Most matches will require some limited use of slug ammo (5 rounds or less). Slugs are always shot at/against cardboard targets for safety, usually employing a mix of "bad guys, bystanders and cover". This is a "game" that will provide a challenge for all.

Match Dates
Matches are held the 2nd Sunday of every other month, starting at 9:00 am. It is recommended you arrive approximately half an hour before the start time, so you can register and get your Range Officer assignment. Matches are held in the North Action Bays.

Matches are currently scheduled for the following dates:
•Oct 11, 2015
•Nov 8, 2015
•Dec 13, 2015

Additional Information

Both members and non-members are welcome to shoot in Tactical Shotgun matches. However, non-members are restricted to participating in the match and will not be allowed to shoot before or after the match, unless accompanied by a member in good standing.
The majority of the match will be shot on steel plate targets. We require that you use LEAD SHOT (6 shot or smaller preferred). No steel or other "waterfowl" shot will be permitted, due to ricochet danger. We recommend that you bring about 100 rounds with you, depending on your skill level.

Some stages will require reloads. Stuffing ammo in a pants pocket will work, but it is uncomfortable. Vests with loops or big pockets or some type of belt style ammo carriers are encouraged.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone interested in going?  I've been to one of these before, it was fun and very laid back.  I am not a member, but these are open to the public.  I am definitely going, just thought it would be a good opportunity to meet some other ARFcom members and blast some shotguns.  If you don't happen to have a shotgun I'm more than happy to share mine although I will warn you, the wire stock is not particularly comfortable if you have to use slugs on any of the stages :)

http://www.dallaspistolclub.com/tactical-shotgun.html

Where: Dallas Pistol Club

Tactical Shotgun matches usually consist of 4-5 stages (60-75 rounds required), primarily utilizing steel targets shot with birdshot. Tactical aspects are addressed, such as, but not limited to: shoot/don't shoot and "hostage" targets, use of cover and concealment, reloading and weak side shooting techniques. We also usually have at least one stage, such as a "plate rack" that is primarily speed shooting oriented. Most matches will require some limited use of slug ammo (5 rounds or less). Slugs are always shot at/against cardboard targets for safety, usually employing a mix of "bad guys, bystanders and cover". This is a "game" that will provide a challenge for all.

Match Dates
Matches are held the 2nd Sunday of every other month, starting at 9:00 am. It is recommended you arrive approximately half an hour before the start time, so you can register and get your Range Officer assignment. Matches are held in the North Action Bays.

Matches are currently scheduled for the following dates:
•Oct 11, 2015
•Nov 8, 2015
•Dec 13, 2015

Additional Information

Both members and non-members are welcome to shoot in Tactical Shotgun matches. However, non-members are restricted to participating in the match and will not be allowed to shoot before or after the match, unless accompanied by a member in good standing.
The majority of the match will be shot on steel plate targets. We require that you use LEAD SHOT (6 shot or smaller preferred). No steel or other "waterfowl" shot will be permitted, due to ricochet danger. We recommend that you bring about 100 rounds with you, depending on your skill level.

Some stages will require reloads. Stuffing ammo in a pants pocket will work, but it is uncomfortable. Vests with loops or big pockets or some type of belt style ammo carriers are encouraged.

View Quote
Sounds like fun for shotgunners. Did they not have flood damage? I figured that entire area was in Trinity Bay by now.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#2]
DPC still has damage, but the Ranges are open. the nice, new air conditioned bathrooms are still down due to flood damage. Unfortunately I cannot make the shoot, but I've shot that competition before and it's fun and usually challenging.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I may be interested in going... wanna place a friendly wager on our finishes?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Haha, I'll bet on me being close to the bottom due to:

1) Piss poor reloading skills
2) A tacticool pump shotgun with low ammo capacity and a wire stock

But I could do a friendly wager, lunch or something like that.  I'm a new business owner so I'm not rolling in $ just yet :)
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds fun, bring us back some video.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

But I could do a friendly wager, lunch or something like that.  I'm a new business owner so I'm not rolling in $ just yet :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

whenever I shoot pistol steel plate matches with PepperBelly, we just wager a soda or a quarter...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top