Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2015 7:38:19 PM EDT
I live in the Sea World area.  While I really like The Bullet Hole and their folks, they are usually too busy on the days I can get out there, and they limit NFA weapons and chronographs to their small 25 yard ranges.  Perfectly logical given their setup, but it kinda sucks for load development...

Anyway, I'm looking for information on either "near" San Antonio ranges (the Bandera Gun Club, for example), or folks with ranches or whatever that would be comfortable with someone shooting on their property.

Thanks in advance for any assist on this.

P.S.: the "San Antonio area ranges" link in the "Important Information" thread on the front page of the Texas Hometown forum is broken.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Bandera Gun Club is veteran friendly, I'm a member and shoot there frequently and have very little restrictions on what you can shoot.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:01:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Tag because I'm in pretty much the same situation as GHPorter and certainly in the same area.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:44:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you checked out the Blackhawk shooting range?  I was out there last Tuesday.  the range is pretty run down, but there were only 3 people on their pistol range.  This was at noon.  I have no idea what their policy on NFA or chrono use is.

The bullet hole is nice but they are crazy busy and they keep raising prices.  Also they need to invest in a new building.  That thing is tiny and it feels like you could fall through the floor at any moment.

I'm also in the sea world area so I'm always looking for more options.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:55:54 AM EDT
[#4]
The Bandera Gun Club would work well for what you need in a range.  It's not fancy by any means but it has multiple rifle ranges.  I meet a friend out there 1-2 times a month that lives 10 min from it.  They do not have any spotting scopes, bad rests and the chairs are terrible.  Bring your own chair/ stool. You can bring your own paper targets.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#5]
So how do I contact the Bandera Gun Club?  I have had no luck calling, their website goes to some web host, and they haven't responded on Facebook (last entry there seems to have been in 2011 or so).
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So how do I contact the Bandera Gun Club?  I have had no luck calling, their website goes to some web host, and they haven't responded on Facebook (last entry there seems to have been in 2011 or so).
View Quote

they are open, I spoke with the owner J.M Clements today in town.  (I live about 6 miles from Bandera gun club)

(830) 796-4610  is the number, just keep trying or drive out and have a look around.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Have you checked out the Blackhawk shooting range?  I was out there last Tuesday.  the range is pretty run down, but there were only 3 people on their pistol range.  This was at noon.  I have no idea what their policy on NFA or chrono use is.

The bullet hole is nice but they are crazy busy and they keep raising prices.  Also they need to invest in a new building.  That thing is tiny and it feels like you could fall through the floor at any moment.

View Quote

They built a new building but it was too close to the road or some shit and had to tear it down

I like their facilities but the place is WAY un-safe, have to always watch your ass there, because the staff sure wont! I only go early in the morning during the week when no one else is there and I leave when other ppl start showing up.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

they are open, I spoke with the owner J.M Clements today in town.  (I live about 6 miles from Bandera gun club)

(830) 796-4610  is the number, just keep trying or drive out and have a look around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have to drive out some time, since I want to actually see the place too.

Quoted:
Quoted:

They built a new building but it was too close to the road or some shit and had to tear it down

I like their facilities but the place is WAY un-safe, have to always watch your ass there, because the staff sure wont! I only go early in the morning during the week when no one else is there and I leave when other ppl start showing up.

I was told by the staff that the county permit office failed to verify that the foundation was far enough back from the road, and they didn't say anything until the building was up...  Sounds like Bexar alright.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just so you know, it's not fancy,
but during the week it's not hard to find a spot and be pretty much alone.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#10]
It has been 8 years since I left San Antonio (Schertz more specifically) but I used to go to Dietz in New Braunfels. It's a little far for you but you should have no problem with shooting up to 200 yards with a crony because it is one of those "Gentleman's cease fire" type of range. You can even use the cow patties on the range as targets .
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#11]
"You can even use the cow patties on the range as targets. "
Real shootin the shit!!  
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 12:31:47 AM EDT
[#12]
ceader ridge range just north of san antonio 281 and 1863
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top