Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2015 1:55:30 PM EDT
October 8th, Stephen King and company will be filming an entire day's worth of gunfire at Dealey Plaza, recreating the 11/22/63 assassination of JFK at Dealey Plaza

More information here:

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2015/09/when-you-hear-gun-shots-in-a-shut-down-dealey-plaza-next-week-blame-stephen-king-and-james-franco.html/

I work downtown and I'm half way intrigued in at least grabbing some Chipotle and watching during lunch.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#1]
interesting
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#2]
When Oliver Stone made his movie, they went to great lengths in recreating Dealey Plaza circa 1963. They went so far as to replace stoplights, signs and trim back trees. My older relatives said it was a dead ringer for how it looked in 1963. I bet this is a cheaper shoot, with the advent of better special effects and computer animation. Still, the sound of rifle fire report bouncing off the buildings is intriguing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, Mr.King. This has been done so many times. I hope this time is worth the effort of watching. The others over the last what, 50 years, have not been well done.
F Y I , I have sat on the grassy knoll.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, Mr.King. This has been done so many times. I hope this time is worth the effort of watching. The others over the last what, 50 years, have not been well done. I have sat on the grassy knoll.
View Quote

Really? I thought JFK was very well done and thought provoking....

Made me go out and get Garrisons book...

And apparently they did a good job making Dealey Plaza accurate to 1963...

I've stood on the x in the street...and looked back, and to be honest it didn't look like too difficult a shot from that window...
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've stood on the x in the street...and looked back, and to be honest it didn't look like too difficult a shot from that window...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, Mr.King. This has been done so many times. I hope this time is worth the effort of watching. The others over the last what, 50 years, have not been well done. I have sat on the grassy knoll.

Where were you on ..........?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:41:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't wait for them to start filming LET IT GO ALREADY, ALRIGHT?

It's a new movie about when the MSM finally stops obsessing about All Things Kennedy...
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:58:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's a new movie about when the MSM finally stops obsessing about All Things Kennedy...
View Quote

The book is actually about time travel to change past events. Not really about the Kennedy:s. Same as going back to kill Hitler or help Custer. LOL

11/22/63
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I guess it would be better than Stephen King doing "The Kardashians"
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:36:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't know. I did not read that one. How was it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#10]
The JFK assassination is compelling stuff, 50+ years later.  I've also stood on the X and looked up at that window, its much closer than I thought it would.

Some great fictional reads about the assassination I've enjoyed over the years, along with just about everything non-fiction(much pure speculation, of course) written about the event.

Charles McCarry "The Tears of Autumn"
Don Delillo"Libra"
Norman Mailer "Oswald's Tale"
James Ellroy "American Tabloid"

I need to get a that King book.

Hking
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#12]
11/22/63 was a decent book, I enjoyed it a lot. Hopefully the movie is decently done. Like said above it has some political stuff I didn't agree with, but you aren't going to agree with everyone on everything. To me the assassination was only part of the overall story. It had many plot lines in my opinion. But time travel has always interested me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The JFK assassination is compelling stuff, 50+ years later.  I've also stood on the X and looked up at that window, its much closer than I thought it would.

Some great fictional reads about the assassination I've enjoyed over the years, along with just about everything non-fiction(much pure speculation, of course) written about the event.

Charles McCarry "The Tears of Autumn"
Don Delillo"Libra"
Norman Mailer "Oswald's Tale"
James Ellroy "American Tabloid"

I need to get a that King book.

Hking
View Quote

Now see, conspiracy kooks like you are the reason why the rest of us are still getting this crap foisted on us.

You guys and the 911 truthers should all get together, kick all the aliens out of Area 51, and start your own nation there.

You could name it "Conspiristan".
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:32:32 AM EDT
[#14]
"LIBERTY TRUMPS BUTT-HURT"

Sunshine patriots typing on muddy girl camo keyboards.  The irony...

Murica

Hking
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#15]
traffic yesterday was much worse than anticipated, so Dallas PD is bringing in extra officers today
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
traffic yesterday was much worse than anticipated, so Dallas PD is bringing in extra officers today
View Quote

Shoot, traffic around here is bad enough normally, I bet that area was lots of fun yesterday.....
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When Oliver Stone made his movie, they went to great lengths in recreating Dealey Plaza circa 1963. They went so far as to replace stoplights, signs and trim back trees. My older relatives said it was a dead ringer for how it looked in 1963. I bet this is a cheaper shoot, with the advent of better special effects and computer animation. Still, the sound of rifle fire report bouncing off the buildings is intriguing.
View Quote

I watched some of the filming from the City Club yesterday.  It was pretty cool to see them running old cars up and down the street but they did nothing else to change the surrounding (same lights, roads, bushes) so I'm curious if they'll fix in post production.  Yes, traffic was horrific but the DART police were directing to make sure the trains weren't delayed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#18]
That filming would be neat to see.  I can recall when they filmed part of "Born on the Fourth of July" in Grapevine, but I never saw it.

Hking
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That filming would be neat to see.  I can recall when they filmed part of "Born on the Fourth of July" in Grapevine, but I never saw it.

Hking
View Quote

A lot of the scenes, including a parade, were filmed in Oak Cliff.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I was told behind my neighborhood they did some filming on a road near Fort Worth.

It was shut down for a film crew yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#21]
My sister sent me a short video taken from one of the office buildings of the motorcade turning from Houston onto Elm.

Damn creepy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My sister sent me a short video taken from one of the office buildings of the motorcade turning from Houston onto Elm.

Damn creepy.
View Quote

Well, did anyone get shot?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top