BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There are many here who are going to tell you I am 100% wrong.  So take all of this for what it is worth and make your own decision as to what you will do if a LEO asks you for your license if he observes you carrying.  ;)

And the NFA thing changed Sept 1.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. I was not aware of that. Kind of like NFA weapons are illegal in Texas but having the tax stamps are a defense to prosecution?

There are many here who are going to tell you I am 100% wrong.  So take all of this for what it is worth and make your own decision as to what you will do if a LEO asks you for your license if he observes you carrying.  ;)

And the NFA thing changed Sept 1.

Damn it---for once I have to say TXI is right
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This is the reason everyone should open carry as much as possible come Jan 1.
After a while the police will get tired of stopping people to check for a CHL.
If they don't and keep harassing people, it would probably be grounds for a
lawsuit.
View Quote

I have NEVER personally witnessed for myself folks ever carrying a rifle or shotgun around in the street, though it's legal. So just because it becomes legal in January 2016 for handguns, why should we expect to see any jackasses walking around with a holstered pistol on their hip just for the hell of it? If this is something you must do, well then knock yourself out and be the first one on your block to do it. Because you WILL be the only one seen doing it on your block, and probably anywhere for that matter. Enjoy all the attention. Because you certainly will get. I can wear my pants down past my balls too, but some things for attention just don't appeal to me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Precisely.  Legal?

CMOS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Belt or shoulder holster"

Does that include and IWB holster that clips on the belt in the small of the back?

CMOS

I might regret asking this, but how do you plan on open carrying with an IWB holster?

Half shirts went out in the 80's, please don't try and bring em back.

With a tucked in shirt.  I see sheriff  deputies do it a bunch around here .  Not everyone is a slob with their shirt tail out when in casual clothing

Precisely.  Legal?

CMOS

Curious about the answer to this one. I thought there was something about the retention level required, not sure if an IWB holster would qualify.

Even if it is legal I am still not sure about carrying exposed on my back, guess it would depend on the environment.  I will probably just stay a slob.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Curious about the answer to this one. I thought there was something about the retention level required, not sure if an IWB holster would qualify.

View Quote

No retention level required,and all my IWB are really IBH (Inside of Belt Holster) so they are GTG.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Most typical non-gun people in my area I've talked to had assumed it was already legal, just not common enough for them to have witnessed it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Most typical non-gun people in my area I've talked to had assumed it was already legal, just not common enough for them to have witnessed it.
View Quote

When I was a young kid up in the Panhandle, I had assumed that open carry of pistols was legal. I saw numerous ranchers and farmers wearing revolvers in the cowboy holsters whenever they were out working. I remember (maybe incorrectly) seeing a few open carrying in town. This was in the 80's though and I grew up in a town of about 5,000 people.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
lawsuit.
View Quote

Good plan, I wonder if the police dispatchers are receiving training as how to differentiate between a legitimate person brandishing a weapon in an illegal manner or a person legally open carrying? Sift through the bullshit calls if you will.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#8]
No reason to carry a rifle or shotgun in public, or I would do so. Open carry
of a handgun is different. Kind of the same reason you don't see cops walking
around town with a rifle but you do see them carrying a pistol. If you never exercise
a right because you are afraid the police will stop you, do you really have that right?

Quoted:

I have NEVER personally witnessed for myself folks ever carrying a rifle or shotgun around in the street, though it's legal. So just because it becomes legal in January 2016 for handguns, why should we expect to see any jackasses walking around with a holstered pistol on their hip just for the hell of it? If this is something you must do, well then knock yourself out and be the first one on your block to do it. Because you WILL be the only one seen doing it on your block, and probably anywhere for that matter. Enjoy all the attention. Because you certainly will get. I can wear my pants down past my balls too, but some things for attention just don't appeal to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lawsuit.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good plan, I wonder if the police dispatchers are receiving training as how to differentiate between a legitimate person brandishing a weapon in an illegal manner or a person legally open carrying? Sift through the bullshit calls if you will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lawsuit.

How will a dispatcher know if a person walking through the mall is licensed or not?  Just being in a belt holster if the person is not licensed is carry in an "illegal manner".
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:13:06 PM EDT
[#10]
They manage to figure it out in about 38 other states without bloodshed or stupid arrests, surely cops in Texas have to be at least as smart as in those states.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am aware of the fact that open carry has passed and will be legal to do so on January 1, 2016 with my CHL. I haven't heard a peep from anyone since it passed other than the Texas Hometown Forum other than a 20 second blurb on the San Antonio news.

I have no doubt that this is going to cause issues very soon and alot of people area going to cause problems when they see someone legally openly carrying their pistols. Why isn't there a public information campaign going on? It seems like this would solve alot of issues right off the bat and LEO won't be responding to a "deranged" person with a gun, especially in our liberal strongholds (Austin).

I doubt this will be an issue in rural Texas but will be a pain in the ass for police in the big cities. Maybe its just me, but I would like our police officers responding to more important calls.  

Have you guys heard anything more than when the governor signed it into law?
View Quote

I know one local PD is printing booklets with info on the new law. When someone calls, they will make contact with the caller only and provide the information. They will not make contact with the person carrying unless a crime was witnessed.

I was quite surprised that they are going through the trouble of actually making contact with the caller and printing materials.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lawsuit.

Let's see.  Open Cary legal. Paints down showing your junk is not.   Not a very good comparison.

Also why are those that are afraid of guns always trying to reference private parts?  Strange.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
CJ and OCT have been directly communicating with and educating a good number of PD's around the state....
View Quote

Oh.Good.Grief.

Fuck CJ Grisham.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I know one local PD is printing booklets with info on the new law. When someone calls, they will make contact with the caller only and provide the information. They will not make contact with the person carrying unless a crime was witnessed.

I was quite surprised that they are going through the trouble of actually making contact with the caller and printing materials.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am aware of the fact that open carry has passed and will be legal to do so on January 1, 2016 with my CHL. I haven't heard a peep from anyone since it passed other than the Texas Hometown Forum other than a 20 second blurb on the San Antonio news.

I have no doubt that this is going to cause issues very soon and alot of people area going to cause problems when they see someone legally openly carrying their pistols. Why isn't there a public information campaign going on? It seems like this would solve alot of issues right off the bat and LEO won't be responding to a "deranged" person with a gun, especially in our liberal strongholds (Austin).

I doubt this will be an issue in rural Texas but will be a pain in the ass for police in the big cities. Maybe its just me, but I would like our police officers responding to more important calls.  

Have you guys heard anything more than when the governor signed it into law?

Not to strange when you think about it.   I can guarantee you that come Jan 1 that some people will be looking for a legal fight with the police.  Try to imagine a minoriy being stopped multiple times.  How long before the lawyer says they are only being stopped because of the color of their skin?  Yes it's legal for the police to check but at what point does it become harassment / discrimination?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oh.Good.Grief.

Fuck CJ Grisham.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CJ and OCT have been directly communicating with and educating a good number of PD's around the state....

Oh.Good.Grief.

Fuck CJ Grisham.

Yep fuck that guy... Like him or not I am willing to bet he has done more political work then you have to go after what he believes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yep fuck that guy... Like him or not I am willing to bet he has done more political work then you have to go after what he believes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.Good.Grief.

Fuck CJ Grisham.

CJ Grisham, Kory Watkins and OCT are not friends of the Second Amendment. They are media whores and simply crave the spotlight.

And you are 100% correct, this past legislative session, CJ, Kory and OCT did more to derail gun rights in Texas than Bloomburg could have dreamed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#17]
+1
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Total agreement with the post above regarding CJ and Kory.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

CJ Grisham, Kory Watkins and OCT are not friends of the Second Amendment. They are media whores and simply crave the spotlight.

And you are 100% correct, this past legislative session, CJ, Kory and OCT did more to derail gun rights in Texas than Bloomburg could have dreamed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.Good.Grief.

Fuck CJ Grisham.

Not knowing who yall where talking about, I googled those names. Good grief, they (and all the other James Yeager types) could make even the most fanatic gun enthusiast advocated for more gun control.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not knowing who yall where talking about, I googled those names. Good grief, they (and all the other James Yeager types) could make even the most fanatic gun enthusiast advocated for more gun control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.Good.Grief.

Fuck CJ Grisham.

People keep saying what you did but we just got open carry.  I am having a hard time understanding how they hurt gun rights at the moment.  Please explain what they did hurt.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
People keep saying what you did but we just got open carry.  I am having a hard time understanding how they hurt gun rights at the moment.  Please explain what they did hurt.
View Quote

Winning in politics means convincing the public of the merits of your ideas. We advocate responsible gun ownership. The other side says people should not have guns because of reason x, y, and z.

We may have get what we wanted right now but if people like that keep doing that type of crap (reason x, y, z), then it's only a matter of time before public perception turns the other way.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

There portrayal of what a law-abiding gun carrier would be hurt us tremendously, as a result:

We didn't get Constitutional Carry.

We got Open Carry with restrictions.

We got Campus Carry with a lot of restrictions.

And we fought till nearly the last day to get these, resulting in lots of other pro-gun stuff being left on the table.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Winning in politics means convincing the public of the merits of your ideas. We advocate responsible gun ownership. The other side says people should not have guns because of reason x, y, and z.

We may have get what we wanted right now but if people like that keep doing that type of crap (reason x, y, z), then it's only a matter of time before public perception turns the other way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The OCTC people are convinced themselves, and convinced a number of people that it was their protesting and noise that made the difference to get the Texas version of OC passed. Many of the OCTC (Open Carry Tarrant County) people have criminal records that prevent them from being eligible for a CHL as of today anyway. That will pass with time. They will have their rights restored, provided they stay out of trouble. They thought that people seeing guns being carried in public would desensitize them. I disagree. I heard the BS from family and friends from coast to coast. The country now views Texas gun owners in a dim light. The media, of course picked the worst examples of Texas gun owners to interview. Texans have always been somewhat disliked outside of Texas anyway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They manage to figure it out in about 38 other states without bloodshed or stupid arrests, surely cops in Texas have to be at least as smart as in those states.
View Quote

So you are telling me that in about 38 other states no cops ever ask people who are open carrying under some sort of license to verify said license?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The OCTC people are convinced themselves, and convinced a number of people that it was their protesting and noise that made the difference to get the Texas version of OC passed. Many of the OCTC (Open Carry Tarrant County) people have criminal records that prevent them from being eligible for a CHL as of today anyway. That will pass with time. They will have their rights restored, provided they stay out of trouble. They thought that people seeing guns being carried in public would desensitize them. I disagree. I heard the BS from family and friends from coast to coast. The country now views Texas gun owners in a dim light. The media, of course picked the worst examples of Texas gun owners to interview. Texans have always been somewhat disliked outside of Texas anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think I have a problem with people like that not being allowed to carry around a gun. I think where we will be with the new LTC licensing for open and concealed carry is the best balance (except for the stupid holster requirements). Now if we could get more freedom with campus carry and other places, that would be great.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The only thing open carry means to me is that I will no longer give a shit if my shirt completely covers my pistol at all times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The only thing open carry means to me is that I will no longer give a shit if my shirt completely covers my pistol at all times.

Ditto.

Quoted:

Where is this??

Quoted:
Says who?  A Driver license is not the same here.  Penal Code 46.02 makes it unlawful to carry a handgun.  Cop sees you with handgun.  He immediately has PC to arrest you for UCW, violation of 46.02.  The non-applicability in 46.15 that allows you to carry with a license is the same that allows a armed guard to carry, or a person to carry while hunting, or to carry an illegal knife while fishing.  You telling me a cop cannot verify any of those activities if he sees you with said weapon?

Cop sees you with handgun.  PC exists for arrest.  You provide handgun license and show you meet the non-applicability.

I don't think openly carrying a handgun is PC for a terry stop as you described. Yes it is illegal under 46.02, but so is operating a motor vehicle. Two people driving, one with a DL, one without. You cant tell who does and who doesnt have one, so do you pull both over and check DLs? no, because theres no PC.

I interpret the handgun laws the same way. it would be unlawful search if you were ID'd every time you drove, and every time you legally carried openly.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
....I am having a hard time understanding how they hurt gun rights at the moment.  Please explain what they did hurt.
View Quote

Where have you been the last three years?
Gun rights is only the latest media opportunity for CJ Grisham. Google his name for his exploits in other states.
Kory Watkins was ineligible to apply for a CHL due to his criminal record. Unrestricted open carry was his only chance to carry a handgun while wearing a fedora.

Both of these idiots undid in three months what TSRA had developed with years of lobbying. Watkins and Grisham prefer an "in your face", confrontational style of politicking that borders on threats of violence. OCT/OCTC made zero friends in this last session and caused some fence sitters to not support any new firearms legislation.

Open carry was in the bag. Campus carry was in the bag. Removal of affirmative defense was in the bag............these ass clowns managed to shit in the punch bowl and it was only in the last few days was open carry/campus carry even brought to a vote.

If you only moved to Texas this summer I can see how you would have a hard time understanding.........but if you've been here for longer than a year you have no excuse.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

We had about an 80% chance at constitutional carry before the OCT/OCTC idiots started threatening legislators at the state house.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We had about an 80% chance at constitutional carry before the OCT/OCTC idiots started threatening legislators at the state house.
View Quote

Hey! at least we got panic buttons now installed in the Capital!
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank OCTC for that one
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Gun rights is only the latest media opportunity for CJ Grisham. Google his name for his exploits in other states.
Kory Watkins was ineligible to apply for a CHL due to his criminal record. Unrestricted open carry was his only chance to carry a handgun while wearing a fedora.

Both of these idiots undid in three months what TSRA had developed with years of lobbying. Watkins and Grisham prefer an "in your face", confrontational style of politicking that borders on threats of violence. OCT/OCTC made zero friends in this last session and caused some fence sitters to not support any new firearms legislation.

Open carry was in the bag. Campus carry was in the bag. Removal of affirmative defense was in the bag............these ass clowns managed to shit in the punch bowl and it was only in the last few days was open carry/campus carry even brought to a vote.

If you only moved to Texas this summer I can see how you would have a hard time understanding.........but if you've been here for longer than a year you have no excuse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
....I am having a hard time understanding how they hurt gun rights at the moment.  Please explain what they did hurt.

I totally agree they are jerks but you are incorrect to think open carry was "in the bag".   Open carry was forced on the legislature this last time.  As to the in your face politics they used your very correct on that as their tactic.  This is the one subject I have a bad time making up my mind on.   They used the same playbook as what most liberals use.   Yell at the top of your lungs and shame anyone that gets in your way.  For years we have allowed the small anti 2nd groups to dictate our rights.  Maybe we should use some of their tactics as the tactics we have used in he past has not got us very much in the last 75 plus years.

And yes I am native to this state.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Thank OCTC for that one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank OCTC for that one

And that hurt your ability to do what?  Also I know why they are there and yes that was a dick childish move on the protesters part that got them there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Constitutional Cary was DOA.  It will be a few more years before that will happen.  The sheep will have to be normalized to the idea of OC first before constitutional carry can happen.   Hell we have had open carry of long guns for how many decades but people are just now understanding it?   Just take a look at the history of the CHL in this state to see how it has morphed into what we have now and you will understand why it will take longer for constitutional carry to happen.  If I had to bet on it it I would guess it will take 3 more sessions at a minimum for it to happen.   We will most likely see it become more difficult for places to post 30.06 first.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

There portrayal of what a law-abiding gun carrier would be hurt us tremendously, as a result:

this was not going to happen this time around with open carry being new

The liberals were going to get the restrictions like we have this time around.  They will slowly go away.  Do I like it?  No.  But this is how gun laws have worked in this state for a long time.

Same as my last response

And we fought till nearly the last day to get these, resulting in lots of other pro-gun stuff being left on the table.
whats new about this?   Auto knifes had the same issue 2 years back.  What group are you going to blame on that one?

People need to understand that politics are like paper cuts.  One will not kill you but a thousand will.  At this time we are still adding paper cuts to those few that hate our ability to own firearms. In the future will will have enough to finally kill all the BS laws that hold us back

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this was not going to happen this time around with open carry being new

The liberals were going to get the restrictions like we have this time around.  They will slowly go away.  Do I like it?  No.  But this is how gun laws have worked in this state for a long time.

Same as my last response

whats new about this?   Auto knifes had the same issue 2 years back.  What group are you going to blame on that one?

People need to understand that politics are like paper cuts.  One will not kill you but a thousand will.  At this time we are still adding paper cuts to those few that hate our ability to own firearms. In the future will will have enough to finally kill all the BS laws that hold us back

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Constitutional Cary was DOA.  It will be a few more years before that will happen.  The sheep will have to be normalized to the idea of OC first before constitutional carry can happen.   Hell we have had open carry of long guns for how many decades but people are just now understanding it?   Just take a look at the history of the CHL in this state to see how it has morphed into what we have now and you will understand why it will take longer for constitutional carry to happen.  If I had to bet on it it I would guess it will take 3 more sessions at a minimum for it to happen.   We will most likely see it become more difficult for places to post 30.06 first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my opinion: constitutional carry most likely would have failed this past session, but it would not have died in committee if it weren't for the antics of OCTC. Their escapades while visiting the capital gave the "antis" the perfect argument as to why not everyone should be allowed to carry a gun. I'm actually surprised that there was not much effort to rescind the open carry of long guns. Some could argue that the passage of licensed open carry was a big flip-off to Kory and his OCTC minions.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:The sheep will have to be normalized to the idea of OC first before constitutional carry can happen. ..
View All Quotes
Quoted:The sheep will have to be normalized to the idea of OC first before constitutional carry can happen. ..

If Kory/CJ/OCT/OCTC are involved it will never happen.

..... Hell we have had open carry of long guns for how many decades but people are just now understanding it?...  

What the sheeple have difficulty with is Fatty and Snowboots posing in restaurants with guns.....for no other reason than to say "Hey, look at me!". Their purpose wasn't to "normalize" the sheeple, but to intimidate them and get TV time with the media.

OC of rifles and shotguns isn't/wasn't an issue until OCT/OCTC decided it was time for political theater........and the antigunners were astonished at the stupidity.....OCT did more to derail Texas firearms advocacy than Mayor Bloomburg could have dreamed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What the sheeple have difficulty with is Fatty and Snowboots posing in restaurants with guns.....for no other reason than to say "Hey, look at me!". Their purpose wasn't to "normalize" the sheeple, but to intimidate them and get TV time with the media.

OC of rifles and shotguns isn't/wasn't an issue until OCT/OCTC decided it was time for political theater........and the antigunners were astonished at the stupidity.....OCT did more to derail Texas firearms advocacy than Mayor Bloomburg could have dreamed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

..... Hell we have had open carry of long guns for how many decades but people are just now understanding it?...  

So I see the name calling keeps going on.  If there were no fat guys and no snow boots would that have made a difference? If not then why do you focus on that so much?   When a picture of someone OC with a pistol in a restraunt shows up will you say that's bad to?  Take some time to read the comments in the arrtical posted about the Houston ZOO.  It's amazing how many think it's just now legal to carry there just because the signs are coming down.  The anti people will always be anti and to think your going to win a large portion of them over is crazy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So I see the name calling keeps going on.  If there were no fat guys and no snow boots would that have made a difference? If not then why do you focus on that so much?   When a picture of someone OC with a pistol in a restraunt shows up will you say that's bad to?  Take some time to read the comments in the arrtical posted about the Houston ZOO.  It's amazing how many think it's just now legal to carry there just because the signs are coming down.  The anti people will always be anti and to think your going to win a large portion of them over is crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So are you Fatty or Snowboots
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So I see the name calling keeps going on.
"Fatty and Snowboots" isn't name calling.......they chose to be public figures and that's how the internet refers to them.
If there were no fat guys and no snow boots would that have made a difference?
If they weren't such a striking pair I would have just called them Beavis and Butthead.
If not then why do you focus on that so much?  
Because those two typify the type of doofuses that hang with Kory/CJ/OCT/OCTC
When a picture of someone OC with a pistol in a restraunt shows up will you say that's bad to?  
If someone OC'ing a pistol shows up to that same Chipotle........I'll call the cops. They would be breaking the same law as Fatty and Snowboots. If you don't know why it was illegal for Fatty & Snowboots to be in that Chipotle then you need to start reading.

Take some time to read the comments in the arrtical posted about the Houston ZOO.  It's amazing how many think it's just now legal to carry there just because the signs are coming down.  The anti people will always be anti and to think your going to win a large portion of them over is crazy.
And I suspect you think Fatty and Snowboots were abiding by state law when they posed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Fatty and Snowboots" isn't name calling.......they chose to be public figures and that's how the internet refers to them.
If they weren't such a striking pair I would have just called them Beavis and Butthead.
When a picture of someone OC with a pistol in a restraunt shows up will you say that's bad to?  
If someone OC'ing a pistol shows up to that same Chipotle........I'll call the cops. They would be breaking the same law as Fatty and Snowboots. If you don't know why it was illegal for Fatty & Snowboots to be in that Chipotle then you need to start reading.

Take some time to read the comments in the arrtical posted about the Houston ZOO.  It's amazing how many think it's just now legal to carry there just because the signs are coming down.  The anti people will always be anti and to think your going to win a large portion of them over is crazy.
And I suspect you think Fatty and Snowboots were abiding by state law when they posed.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah I am skiny and flip flops .. Or back in my day thongs..  bonus points if you remember titties and jams
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I don't think openly carrying a handgun is PC for a terry stop as you described. Yes it is illegal under 46.02, but so is operating a motor vehicle. Two people driving, one with a DL, one without. You cant tell who does and who doesnt have one, so do you pull both over and check DLs? no, because theres no PC.

I interpret the handgun laws the same way. it would be unlawful search if you were ID'd every time you drove, and every time you legally carried openly.
View Quote

So, anyone can just violate 46.02 now, openly even, with impunity?  

The licenses are significantly different, and I believe the laws relating to DLs are not going to apply.  

It will be interesting, for certain....

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#42]
E
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you are using the tactics anti groups use.  Congratulations for giving them what they want.  Now they can go and say see even pro gun people hate open carry.
Againg congratulations
And again you should be congratulated
It will only be illegal if you are given notice.  If I remember correctly they left after they were asked to leave.

Same as above.  If I am wrong about the facts please let me know.  But please keep it to just the facts not opinions or personal beliefs

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The licenses are significantly different, and I believe the laws relating to DLs are not going to apply.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Im not saying that at all. i am saying that, just seeing a person driving down the road, following all applicable laws, as you can tell, is no reason to pull them over and check for their DL because you have no reason to believe that they are breaking the law.

OC would be the same. A reasonable and prudent person (they are getting harder and harder to find, yes I know) would assume that someone carrying a handgun openly, in a holster, not acting suspeciously or commiting any crime, is legal. LEOs should be reasonable and prudent people.

Now what will actually happen, both on the streets and in the courts, i agree, will certainly be interesting.

I fear that some people may end up getting injured, or worse. I can just see a scenario playing out with someone openly carrying in a public store, some person calling 911 saying theres a deranged person with a guy. PD responds with long guns. PD demands the person prone out, person refuses. "you don't have the right, i am legally carrying this gun!!" and then person makes a wrong move and either gets tackled, tazed, or shot.

right or wrong, on any party's part, is up for debate.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No you are using the tactics anti groups use.  Congratulations for giving them what they want.  Now they can go and say see even pro gun people hate open carry.
Pro-gun people can't stand stupid, because stupid (OCT) doesn't do the Second Amendment any favors. The reason pro gun people hate Fatty & Snowboots is because they hurt our cause.
If you think the antics of Kory/CJ/OCT/OCTC are helping........then bless your heart.

Againg congratulations
They wanted the limelight and they got it.

You should congratulate Fatty and Snowboots for becoming the posterboys of the OCT movement.

It will only be illegal if you are given notice.  If I remember correctly they left after they were asked to leave.

That's why I said you needed to start reading....it isn't that notice needed to be given. Chipotle's serve alcohol for on premise consumption. Think about that one.

Same as above.  If I am wrong about the facts please let me know.  But please keep it to just the facts not opinions or personal beliefs
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pro-gun people can't stand stupid, because stupid (OCT) doesn't do the Second Amendment any favors. The reason pro gun people hate Fatty & Snowboots is because they hurt our cause.
If you think the antics of Kory/CJ/OCT/OCTC are helping........then bless your heart.

Againg congratulations

You should congratulate Fatty and Snowboots for becoming the posterboys of the OCT movement.

That's why I said you needed to start reading....it isn't that notice needed to be given. Chipotle's serve alcohol for on premise consumption. Think about that one.

I'll make it real easy for you on the legalities of carry issues at Chipotle----go look up TABC Blue Sign and the laws surrounding an establishment that carries that type of license!

You really need to learn the facts and how to separate fact from what you may see on inter web boards
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I'll make it real easy for you on the legalities of carry issues at Chipotle----go look up TABC Blue Sign and the laws surrounding an establishment that carries that type of license!

You really need to learn the facts and how to separate fact from what you may see on inter web boards
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Againg congratulations

Ahh yes I see you are very correct about the TABC license.  I do not remember that about this situation.  See I will admit when I am wrong.  To bad most will not.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Againg congratulations

I now understand what was not legal about what they did.  But let me get this correct using your words.  You would still call the cops if someone was OCing a pistol.  Why would you "Swat" somone like that? OC as long as it's not 51% will be legal on Jan 1 would it not

Now be honest do you really like the idea of OC?

Again the words you used are showing gun people in a bad light and giving ammunition to the anti groups.  You are just as bad as Bloomberg when you say what you say.    Flame on for your response.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#48]

SNIP

I now understand what was not legal about what they did.  But let me get this correct using your words.  You would still call the cops if someone was OCing a pistol.  Why would you "Swat" somone like that? OC as long as it's not 51% will be legal on Jan 1 would it not

Again the words you used are showing gun people in a bad light and giving ammunition to the anti groups.  You are just as bad as Bloomberg when you say what you say.    Flame on for your response.
View Quote

Geeeezzzzz - quit with the trolling and learn and think before you post!

RE: your statement above (in red) ---- NO - you now need to go learn about 30.07!!!!!

I give up!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I don't think I have a problem with people like that not being allowed to carry around a gun. I think where we will be with the new LTC licensing for open and concealed carry is the best balance (except for the stupid holster requirements). Now if we could get more freedom with campus carry and other places, that would be great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What other type of holsters, or method of open carry would you suggest?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

RE: your statement above (in red) ---- NO - you now need to go learn about 30.07!!!!!

I give up!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

SNIP

I give up!!!!!

Are you saying the laws states OC with a license will not be allowed on any premise that sales alcohol?  Please explain.  Do you always disagree and call people trolls when there is a discussion or disagreement?    Here is a hint when you are trying to educate don't say go and read it.  Just inform the person what is incorrect and educate them.  Now please correct and educate me if I am wrong.

To be very honest with you I have not really kept up with the OC thing this session mostly because I don't really plan on doing it.  I just hate the fact that supposedly pro gun people will eat their own.   Most of you still don't understand the anti groups like to divide and marginalize you to win.  I do this on a daily basis in business to great success.  Most have no idea that they are being played.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top