Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2015 4:29:12 PM EDT
EDIT - Sadly this event has been cancelled. I will post more details this evening.

Saturday October 10, 2015 will be the next Battle Road USA Zombie Destruction Biathalon!

Battle Road USA Zombie Destruction Biathalon

Test yourself. Test your gear. Have FUN.

Our friend Michael Adam – co-owner of Battle Road and owner of the Adam Ranch – passed away in July due to a tragic automobile accident. He is seen ringing the bell at the beginning of the video above.

I am very pleased to say that the Adam family has allowed the October 10, 2015 Battle Road USA event to continue as planned on their land once again. Mark Martinez informed me of this decision today.

For October 10, 2015 IT IS ON!

GET SOME!!!!!

At this time I have no information on whether or not there will be any 2016 events held on the Adam Ranch.

There will be 150 participant slots available.

Portions of the proceeds will go to Michael Adam’s 5 daughters college fund.

The Zombie Run and Shoot is a biathlon in which the participants may run, walk, or both.  Participants have to carry/hump all the firearms, gear and water they intend to use during the course. The course will be cross-country and approximately 4.5 miles long.  Parts of the course will be in open fields as well as parts in densely wooded areas.  The participants will also be required to successfully negotiate many man-made obstacles along the way to the finish line. Sometimes the creeks have water – sometimes not. The event goes on rain or shine.

Shooters use both pistol (carried loaded) and rifle (only loaded when actually shooting on a rifle stage). There will not be any opportunity to zero your firearms at the event.

The targets will be audible steel targets in various shapes and sizes to include steel zombie targets.  Pistol targets will range from 5 yards to 25 yards.  Rifle targets will range from 50 yards to 250 yards.

This Zombie Destruction Biathlon is a great way to test your equipment.  You will learn a lot about the items you choose to carry but more importantly, you will learn a lot about yourself.

Come and meet like-minded people while having a fun and safe day at the range.  Each participant will receive a t-shirt.  At the end of the day the top 5 scores will receive trophies.

Primitive camping is available on site free of charge from October 9, 2015 - October 11, 2015.  There will be no running water and no electrical connections available.

There will be portable toilets. Please bring your own drinking water and shade.

Arival time is 7:00AM October 10, 2015 – participants must be present by this time. We want you to arrive in time to get to the sign up table and get signed in and be ready for the safety briefing which will conducted at 7:30 AM. The safety briefing is mandatory for all participants.

The consumption of alcohol by runners prior to the race is strictly prohibited. This is a shooting event folks! Any participants seen drinking, or determined to be under the influence of alcohol by any staff or Range Officers, will be disqualified and asked to leave the premises. Once you have finished your run, you are free to consume alcohol responsibly, without carrying or handling firearms.

GPS coordinates to the front gate: 30.789473, -97.249905

Course of Fire

Keep checking the website for any changes to the COF.

Hope to see you there!

Good gopro vid from October 2013 BRUSA ZDB

PS - I'm FOING

I will update this post with changes - if any. You may also find parts of the BRUSA website outdated as Michael was the primary person who updated it. It will be updated sometime in the near future.

BRUSA Zombie Destruction Biathalon Eventbrite Tickets 10/10/15
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In.
View Quote

You just joined Team Reed with Thomasplaster223 and me and several others from around here.  Think I,LL make you a captain. .
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there along with txjim42 and his daughter.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Already got my ticket.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll be there along with txjim42 and his daughter.
View Quote

that makes you new meat because triston  out did us all and went from new guy to Lt. in one step.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

that makes you new meat because triston  out did us all and went from new guy to Lt. in one step.
View Quote

Yeah, that kid's an anomaly in our family.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:16:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there for sure.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 12:44:50 AM EDT
[#9]
The team Ho has a mrs now. Will see if I can equip her to do the biathlon.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The team Ho has a mrs now. Will see if I can equip her to do the biathlon.
View Quote

we can rig her out with the wife's equipment,
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Just received an email from eventbright that my ticket has been refunded.  Did the Zombie Run get cancelled anyway?  
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine just got refunded too.

I really enjoyed this event in the past and was really looking forward to it. I hope they are able to continue with it in the future. It truly is a great event. That said, if it doesn't go on I completely understand given the circumstances and wish the family the best.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:43:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Ditto. What's the story?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 7:09:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ditto. What's the story?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Got a call in trying find out. I know the classes at BRUSA where going away but was told the zombie run would still take place.  thomasplaster223 or I will find out , and get the right info out there. Hopefully it's just evenbrite misunderstanding of what got canceled.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 7:13:16 AM EDT
[#15]
This is the closest thing to an announcement I've found, so far.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll type a better reply later this evening and explain what I can very soon.

Sadly, the event is cancelled. I learned this Saturday afternoon just after we spread Michael Adam's ashes at the range.

I am utterly heartbroken.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#18]
understansable
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Please accept my heartfelt apologies for getting everyone’s hope up about the scheduled Oct 10, 2015 Zombie Destruction Run. My hopes were up just as high.

Ultimately Michael Adam’s death on July 11, 2015 led to where things are now.

Thursday July 30, 2015 - I get a call from my friend Nick. He said he and Mark were at the Davilla range picking up all the AR500 steel. Nick said as far as future events it was not looking good, but Mark was still talking with Michael Adam’s family.

Thursday August 6, 2015  - Mark called me and told me the Adam family agreed to let the scheduled October 2015 Zombie Destruction Run go on as planned. On getting that info I started this thread.

All other BRUSA events were cancelled.

Saturday August 8, 2015  - I and many others attended Michael’s memorial service at a small church in Davilla. Mark gave a great tribute to Michael, despite the tears. He did a fine job. keep him in your prayers.

Some people left the memorial as they had the impression that Michael’s family wanted some time to themselves and because of this some of Michael’s friends left early.

Many of Michael’s friends hung out in the parking lot. I was determined to stay and socialize with them - despite the heat.

Near the end of the church gathering Michael’s family rep approached and said we – his friends still present – were invited to the ranch property to be a part of spreading Michael's ashes. We drove over and gathered on the range area in the hot Saturday afternoon. After all the family members that wanted to had done so, I grabbed a handful of my friend’s ashes and scattered them at the 25 meter range where I first met Michael in 2007 and where so many Appleseed Shoots were held. My friends did the same. I’ve worked hundreds of volunteer hours on that part of the range. The Adam brothers shook the remaining ashes into the wind from the top of the berm. It was a fitting place to do it.

One of my friend’s asked and got permission for us to fire a 21 gun, 21 round or “twenty something” makeshift impromptu salute/volley for Michael. I emptied 2 mags from my CZ82 (the only firearm I brought) into a target that Michael had probably posted months before. My friends had rifles and were better prepared. Maybe I'll post a pic of all the brass I picked up.

After the volley we spent a little time talking with some of Michael’s family and got better acquainted. Toward the end one of them informed us that they had not told Mark yet – out of concern over how hard a time he had speaking earlier – that they decided the  Zombie Run would not go on after all – despite what was agreed upon the Thursday prior. Some mention of concerns over the insurance and LLC status (since Michaels name is on the LLC) was made.

I kept my game face on when informed but the news took the steam out of me. I got home pretty late Saturday.

I vistied Mark Sunday afternoon and informed him face to face about what was said – at that point he still thought the shoot was a go. I wanted him to get the info from a friend.

Mark had recently driven to Arlington to meet with the insurance company and make sure the BRUSA insurance was still good to go – it is valid through February 2015.

Later Sunday Mark spoke with the family reps about the concerns but in the end it was a no go.

Per Mark - Battle Road USA is no more. He will be making some memorial T-shirts with a picture of Michael on them in the near future.

No more shoots will be held on the Adam Ranch. Their ranch – their rules.

For us that remain it is like we lost our tribal leader and tribal land at the same time. Just when things were getting good.

I've got plenty of other places to go shoot. It was the atmosphere and gun culture family gatherings that Michael Adam created that I long for and will always miss. He treated everyone with a warm welcome and acted like they were his best friend. He was a person I could trust.

If you participated in a prior Zombie Run - thank you for coming out. It was my pleasure to RO at Stage 4 at each Zombie Run that was held. Treasure the memory and the shirt you got. I do.

If you like the event consider participating in the Pecos Run and Gun near Pecos, TX and the Thunderbird Run and Gun in Oklahoma.

Again, please accept my heartfelt apologies for getting everyone’s hope up about the schedule Oct 10, 2015 Zombie Destruction Run. I posted the info in good faith.

Stay safe and keep shooting,

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#21]
So, just to make sure the current info out there (and there is conflicting info to be had) is correct:

This is still cancelled, right?

...And, there was rumor of benefit shirts for Mike's estate.
did that ever happen?
Are any still available if so?

Thanks all.

I met Mike only once, and it was clear he'd chosen to be a participant in life, and not a spectator.

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#22]
YES, cancelled, . other co-owner and most of the inner circle that post on this site are at the Pecos run and gun right now. one us  will verify asap put I thank that shirts may not happen .
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Aside from the pecos, are there any similar events in Texas?
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Aside from the pecos, are there any similar events in Texas?
View Quote

Yes. There is one in Fort Davis area. There are also two in Pawnee, Oklahoma. AND, I talked with a guy this weekend at Pecos that is putting together another in Oklahoma, it will be a little different- 2 miles but lots of physical challenges along the way.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yeah, Tiger Valley's Bug Out Drill is also out there.
It's limited to 50 folks and I think it's 15 miles with challenges and obstacles.

Thanks Will, I had forgot about the Pawnee Run n Gun. Now I have a reason to get a RV!
View Quote

My buddy takes his 4x4 "short bus"....It may be Redneck as hell BUT it has clearance and goes places most RV's could only DREAM of.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:48:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yeah, Tiger Valley's Bug Out Drill is also out there.
It's limited to 50 folks and I think it's 15 miles with challenges and obstacles
View Quote

More 15 miles and less challenges and obstacles. Even less shooting that obstacles.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#29]
They tell you to bring 100 rifle and 100 pistol minimum.   Last October we shot 30 rounds of rifle at a 200 yard walking target and 30 rounds of pistol at a 15 yard target. 10 rounds 2 hands, 10 strong, 10 weak.

Then we carried the rest of the ammo for 16 miles or so. 1 lap inside the property around 4.5 miles, 7 or so miles out on the road, then another lap in the property.

All the shooting of your weapons was over in the first 20 minutes. You did get 2 rounds of shotgun at 2 skeet, and one bolt from a cross bow. And no shirt.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They tell you to bring 100 rifle and 100 pistol minimum.   Last October we shot 30 rounds of rifle at a 200 yard walking target and 30 rounds of pistol at a 15 yard target. 10 rounds 2 hands, 10 strong, 10 weak.

Then we carried the rest of the ammo for 16 miles or so. 1 lap inside the property around 4.5 miles, 7 or so miles out on the road, then another lap in the property.

All the shooting of your weapons was over in the first 20 minutes. You did get 2 rounds of shotgun at 2 skeet, and one bolt from a cross bow. And no shirt.
View Quote

Not my thing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Not my thing.
View Quote

Nor mine.  Our group will not be doing it again.  

No cable traverse,  no rappel, handful of of obstacles in the first 1/4 mile.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#32]
I would have been running the course today. God I miss Michael.

Some of Mark's friends chipped in and bought Michael's favorite M1 Garand rifle when it was auctioned in August. We made a surprise presentation of the rifle to Mark at the Pecos Run and Gun. It was very satisfying to get that rifle into the hands of someone that loved Michael.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#33]
It's a hole that won't fill for a long time.....
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hmm. I was planning to do the TV BOD since the BattleRoad match was canceled. The last time I did the TV BOD was in 2007, and it was a lot of fun. However, this post has me rethinking. I can dump a rifle mag and two pistol mags then go walk 16 miles without having to travel to Waco and pay $150 to do it.

ETA: Just found this post about the TV BOD, and it looks like they are adding more shooting: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_8/589055_Bug_Out_Drill_Status.html
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

ETA: Just found this post about the TV BOD, and it looks like they are adding more shooting: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_8/589055_Bug_Out_Drill_Status.html
View Quote

Use the search feature, hit up the archives and look at the initial descriptive post every single year. Make an educated decision.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Any word on what happened to cancel? This event going away for sure? Certainly an event that will be greatly missed if so.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Any word on what happened to cancel? This event going away for sure? Certainly an event that will be greatly missed if so.

View Quote

The range owner died. This event is gone for good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top