Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/30/2015 6:12:55 PM EDT
Do you know any stories of Judges and Clerks saying no to the gay mafia?

My town has a Justice of the Peace that will not marry gay couples.
http://www.burlesonstar.net/news/ci_28398418

I know Harris country and Travis county are probably bending over backwards, but how is the rest of Texas?
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Do you know any stories of Judges and Clerks saying no to the gay mafia?

My town has a Justice of the Peace that will not marry gay couples.
http://www.burlesonstar.net/news/ci_28398418

I know Harris country and Travis county are probably bending over backwards, but how is the rest of Texas?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
It was reported 3 out of 4 of the JP here in Rockwall are declining. I hope they stick to their guns. Christianity is under full blown attack these days, pretty sickening.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Between this, the abortion clinics, and the UT admissions, it's starting to feel like SCOTUS and Texas are at war.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:50:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sure there are allot of people in those counties that are bending over forwards.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:28:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Good about time theres pushback on this circus.

The homosexuals I know didnt want to get married in the first place.

I Read somehwere in TX someone is already suing.  Losers.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:42:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm all for freedom with little government involvement.  I have no issue with them getting married and I have no issue with those denying marrying them due to religious freedom.  I am a Christian and the bible taught me a lot, including not to judge my brothers and sisters.  That is not my job, that job is left to a higher power.  Some people tend to forget that.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm all for freedom with little government involvement.  I have no issue with them getting married and I have no issue with those denying marrying them due to religious freedom.  I am a Christian and the bible taught me a lot, including not to judge my brothers and sisters.  That is not my job, that job is left to a higher power.  Some people tend to forget that.
View Quote
So we just sit back and let the institution that God ordained when he created Adam and Eve to help us progress and create families get trodden on and corrupted?

We should promote and strengthen measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society.

By sitting by idle and "not  judging" the sin and corruption it is being forced on us and we are loosing family values  This undermines the strength these values lend our communities, and nation.

If we don't stand up and fight this the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals,
communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern
prophets.

There are things we stand up and fight for as Christians.  This should be one unifying cause but some are too PC to wake up and are sitting idle or worse judging and undermining those who have taken up truth and light to fight these issues that affect OUR families, OUR communities, OUR nation.

Love those that are sinners, as we all are sinners.  But we cannot tolerate sin embedding itself into our families, community and nation taking up residence and controlling the direction they are headed.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm curious about yalls perceptions on all of this. Before I even begin I'm  probably considered an atheist, I do find homosexuality somewhat unnatural to my perception of human beings (despite it's long history it just seems awkward to me) but as long as they aren't trying to put it in my ass I can work with the bastards and it makes for some great jokes.

Maybe one of you guys can help me understand this a bit better. So the State issues marriage licenses, are the State or the Clerks/Judges ordained by god in a Christian sense? Do the legal binding "marriages" they push out to the public truly equal a properly ordained marriage in the eyes of the lord? What the state pushes out, and the religious ceremonies behind your typical Christian marriages seem to be two different things. My wife and I hittup the county clerk and got a marriage license after we had some "ordained" stoner friend of her dads sign some papers. I think we are talking about two different things we have got it be, your state issued shit is like getting your fucking car registered these days seriously what kinda pride can you have behind that shit as a proper Christian? I've been to some proper Christian marriages and they well honestly just blow mine away, quite a bit of ceremony behind it all, deep religious convictions... So with that mindset that I have minus all the legal jargon and slippery slope shit behind the Supreme Courts rulings. Are you guys really offended by these folks when they have a dude dressed like Elvis sign off on their shit? Marriage just seems like a fucking joke to most people these days well before they approved homosexual "marriages".

No offense meant to anyone here if you take any. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If we don't stand up and fight this the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.
View Quote

Remember that we don't have control over this. God is sovereign over anything that happens and He allows it to happen.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Marriage just seems like a fucking joke to most people these days well before they approved homosexual "marriages".
View Quote

You are right about that. Heterosexual marriages have been falling apart for decades.Most people are treating marriage as a method of achieving self fulfillment at all costs. So when it no longer provides them with good "feeling" they abandon it no matter the cost to their children or society. This has much more lasting damage than homosexual marriage.

That is not to say that divorce is never justified. My wife divorced her previous alcoholic husband (before she became a Christian). It has hurt the kids pretty bad, but they are doing allot better in the family of her and me then they would around their sperm donor. Around him, they too would likely become suicidal alcoholics.

But all to often divorce is centered in selfishness.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#12]
If I was the supervisor, I'd fire their asses.

If your religious views are in opposition of you doing your job, you need a new job. It's really darn simple.

This is right up there with pharmacists not dispensing pills. Fire them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Remember that we don't have control over this. God is sovereign over anything that happens and He allows it to happen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we don't stand up and fight this the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.

God allows evil in this world as it is free agency.  His will is that we follow and stand for what is righteous.   We also have the agency to fight evil or resist.  Didn't heroes fight against evil?

Do we all just take a beating when evil comes knocking at our door?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Judge rightly"

The Word judges and our thoughts (judgements) should be conformed to that.

We don't "judge" with regard to punishment, but we know something is not right if the Word shows us it's not right.

Came here to post that Montgomery Co. opened the County Clerk's office om Saturday to sell a license to a "couple" from Harris Co. who didn't want to wait out the line in Houston.  One couple.
The County Clerk is not normally open on Saturday.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Meh.  I'm non-religious so I really don't care that much either way about gay marriage for the most part.  What is good about it is that now gays will have to pay the "marriage penalty" on their taxes like I do (it costs me between $1500-$2000 a year) and because of employer benefits and other things like that it should have some positive impact on reducing welfare burdens on taxpayers.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Meh.  I'm non-religious so I really don't care that much either way about gay marriage for the most part.  What is good about it is that now gays will have to pay the "marriage penalty" on their taxes like I do (it costs me between $1500-$2000 a year) and because of employer benefits and other things like that it should have some positive impact on reducing welfare burdens on taxpayers.

View Quote
Seems even a non believer should have a interest and stake in the morality and heading of the individual, family, community and nation.

The erosion of family values and marriage (not just gay marriage) have, over time, lead to much decay and suffering.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Seems even a non believer should have a interest and stake in the morality and heading of the individual, family, community and nation.

The erosion of family values and marriage (not just gay marriage) have, over time, lead to much decay and suffering.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But yet the crime rate has continued to decline for 20+ years.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you say happened in spite of gay marriage being illegal for years, so I don't necessarily see anything getting worse due to it being legal now.  Gays are going to do what gays do regardless of whether the state issues them a marriage license or not.  It doesn't really change anything.  It doesn't really affect traditional marriages either.

The decay seems like it is mostly due to traditional couples who don't take their marriages seriously...  and even more so by so many children, especially in the minority communities, being born out of wedlock by welfare moms with deadbeat baby-daddies who are sometimes not even known.  Gay marriage didn't cause that, isn't going to make that worse...  Most gays aren't going to have children and those that do certainly aren't going to do it by "accident" not are they likely to do it to just to get benefits they can leech off of.  Adoption and IVF, etc, are not cheap.

If you want to fix these problems you've got a lot more important things to worry about than gays marrying.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
God allows evil in this world as it is free agency.  His will is that we follow and stand for what is righteous.   We also have the agency to fight evil or resist.  Didn't heroes fight against evil?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The crime rate has little to do with morality.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol
Glad I'm providing entertainment.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What you say happened in spite of gay marriage being illegal for years, so I don't necessarily see anything getting worse due to it being legal now.  Gays are going to do what gays do regardless of whether the state issues them a marriage license or not.  It doesn't really change anything.  It doesn't really affect traditional marriages either.

The decay seems like it is mostly due to traditional couples who don't take their marriages seriously...  and even more so by so many children, especially in the minority communities, being born out of wedlock by welfare moms with deadbeat baby-daddies who are sometimes not even known.  Gay marriage didn't cause that, isn't going to make that worse...  Most gays aren't going to have children and those that do certainly aren't going to do it by "accident" not are they likely to do it to just to get benefits they can leech off of.  Adoption and IVF, etc, are not cheap.

If you want to fix these problems you've got a lot more important things to worry about than gays marrying.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hard to make ground when things are backsliding though.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The crime rate has little to do with morality.

View Quote

Are we talking about morality or family values and marriage?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#24]
All the judges in Deaf Smith County have simply stopped performing marriages. For anyone. They say it's not "in their job description so they aren't going to do it for anyone anymore". I would expect the same in Oldham County as well......Not a bad way to go. Now the fags can try and find a Church to marry them. There will be a FEW around here that will but most are going to tell them to pound sand. That sets up the NEXT battle, tax exempt status of Churches vs. "Accommodation"....Which of course is one of the REAL GOALS-- YOU MUST ACCEPT US!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Every state should have the right to vote on it and not be forced into it. This whole shit with Obama forcing this, insurance, immigration, etc is getting old. Im waiting for the lid to blow off one day, but apart of me thinks the days of the public standing up have gone.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Every state should have the right to vote on it and not be forced into it. This whole shit with Obama forcing this, insurance, immigration, etc is getting old. Im waiting for the lid to blow off one day, but apart of me thinks the days of the public standing up have gone.
View Quote

The government should have no part in marriage anyway. However, we are so deep into letting the government control so many aspects of our lives there is really no turning back.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Hopefully they stop processing divorces or performing new marriages for divorced people. If you're going to uphold the "sanctity" of marriage, might as well go all the way.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The government should have no part in marriage anyway. However, we are so deep into letting the government control so many aspects of our lives there is really no turning back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfect comment
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm curious about yalls perceptions on all of this. Before I even begin I'm  probably considered an atheist, I do find homosexuality somewhat unnatural to my perception of human beings (despite it's long history it just seems awkward to me) but as long as they aren't trying to put it in my ass I can work with the bastards and it makes for some great jokes.

Maybe one of you guys can help me understand this a bit better. So the State issues marriage licenses, are the State or the Clerks/Judges ordained by god in a Christian sense? Not to my knowledge Do the legal binding "marriages" they push out to the public truly equal a properly ordained marriage in the eyes of the lord? Till death do you part What the state pushes out, and the religious ceremonies behind your typical Christian marriages seem to be two different things. My wife and I hittup the county clerk and got a marriage license after we had some "ordained" stoner friend of her dads sign some papers. I think we are talking about two different things we have got it be, your state issued shit is like getting your fucking car registered these days seriously what kinda pride can you have behind that shit as a proper Christian? The lawsuits against churches not performing homosexual weddings will come soon. I've been to some proper Christian marriages and they well honestly just blow mine away, quite a bit of ceremony behind it all, deep religious convictions... So with that mindset that I have minus all the legal jargon and slippery slope shit behind the Supreme Courts rulings. Are you guys really offended by these folks when they have a dude dressed like Elvis sign off on their shit? Elvis, hippies officiating, and no fault divorces are just some of the things making a joke out of marriage over the past few decades. Marriage just seems like a fucking joke to most people these days well before they approved homosexual "marriages". see previous response

No offense meant to anyone here if you take any. non taken Thanks.
View Quote

I thought it was easier just add my answers in red.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Doesn't matter what our government 'allows'. Marriage is vow made to our heavenly Father. In his eyes, homosexuality is a sin. No slip of paper from your local government is going to change that.

It's been pretty clear for a while now that our government is here to protect religious rights, so long as they aren't Christian.

For the record, I don't judge those that sin. We are all broken people and all sin is equal in the eyes of our lord.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
All the judges in Deaf Smith County have simply stopped performing marriages. For anyone. They say it's not "in their job description so they aren't going to do it for anyone anymore". I would expect the same in Oldham County as well......Not a bad way to go. Now the fags can try and find a Church to marry them. There will be a FEW around here that will but most are going to tell them to pound sand. That sets up the NEXT battle, tax exempt status of Churches vs. "Accommodation"....Which of course is one of the REAL GOALS-- YOU MUST ACCEPT US!!!!!
View Quote

As a non-religious person, I don't believe that churches should be tax exempt whether they accept gays or not.  The way it is now people who have no interest in religion are effectively supporting all of them because we are essentially paying the church's, synagogues', temples' and mosques' property taxes whether we like it or not.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

As a non-religious person, I don't believe that churches should be tax exempt whether they accept gays or not.  The way it is now people who have no interest in religion are effectively supporting all of them because we are essentially paying the church's, synagogues', temples' and mosques' property taxes whether we like it or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they just need to stop all the tom, dick and harrys from claming they are a church. Scientology being the biggest scammer of them all.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
God allows evil in this world as it is free agency.  His will is that we follow and stand for what is righteous. We also have the agency to fight evil or resist.  Didn't heroes fight against evil?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
God allows evil in this world as it is free agency.  His will is that we follow and stand for what is righteous. We also have the agency to fight evil or resist.  Didn't heroes fight against evil?

No sir, I am not disagreeing with many of the things you are saying. We should always stand for what God is for and be against what He is against. We should always be true to God's word whether that means standing up and fighting when appropriate or taking persecution with endurance when necessary (Acts 7:54-60, Acts 16:19-24). So yes, refuse to participate in or provide business services to a gay wedding and endure the consequences of man with steadfast faith. We are not promised that we will have a trouble free life or that we always have a country with the freedom to worship Christ.

As a matter of fact we are promised that we will be persecuted for His name's sake -

You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, ...
John 15:16 NKJV

If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.  
John 15:18-19 NKJV

I guess this is the best way to for me to say what I'm trying to get across;  We are responsible for our own faithfulness to God, but we shouldn't be surprised when people who dont know Jesus, well, act like they dont know Jesus. Our job (believers that is) is to tell people about Jesus and God does the saving and heart changing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:44:33 AM EDT
[#34]
I'd be fine if the government got out of the marriage business altogether.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:56:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Seems like, as you look around, there some statements being made in"gay" and "progressive" circles that equal marriage was not the point anyway, but an issue to attack the right and the church.

I don't think the whole gay marriage thing is going to be the wellspring of freedom and "live and let live" that some are imagining
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#36]
A clerk refusing to issue a marriage certificate based on their own PERSONAL beliefs is just like a damn Sheriff that won't sign off on an NFA transfer, based on their own personal beliefs.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A clerk refusing to issue a marriage certificate based on their own PERSONAL beliefs is just like a damn Sheriff that won't sign off on an NFA transfer, based on their own personal beliefs.

View Quote

I have to agree with this...  It is most likely just tilting at a windmill anyway, because ultimately the Supreme Court is the bottom line and eventually those clerks will be forced to issue... Congress isn't going to do anything more than lip service and even if they did Obama would just veto it and Congress doesn't have the votes to override.  Know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree and I am a religious person. But then, we need to opt everyone who doesn't have kids out of school taxes, we need to make old people and wounded veterans pay the same property taxes, license fees etc... as everyone else....No economic development tax abatement's...People who drive electric cars or bicycles to work need to pay a mileage tax etc....

No fucking breaks for ANYONE for ANY REASON. If that's the way it's going to be, then it should be that way across the board, no exceptions etc....As soon as you start with exceptions, nobody has any right to complain about anyone elses' pet "exception".
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I have to agree with this...  It is most likely just tilting at a windmill anyway, because ultimately the Supreme Court is the bottom line and eventually those clerks will be forced to issue... Congress isn't going to do anything more than lip service and even if they did Obama would just veto it and Congress doesn't have the votes to override.  Know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- There is no scriptural admonition not to sign an NFA document.   Homosexual activity and supporting same is prohibited in scripture.

- The Supreme Court is not the bottom line if there is a God of scripture, and there is.

- Tax exempt status is of no matter to me, but I would resist the coming, further interference with the Church by government.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
- There is no scriptural admonition not to sign an NFA document.   Homosexual activity and supporting same is prohibited in scripture.

- The Supreme Court is not the bottom line if there is a God of scripture, and there is.

- Tax exempt status is of no matter to me, but I would resist the coming, further interference with the Church by government.
View Quote

The Supreme court is the bottom line for law in the US... Scripture should have nothing to do with what government does.  Separation of church and state.  The 2nd Amendment clearly prohibits government from restricting firearms rights.
Whether there is a "God of scripture" or not (and it isn't likely given what we now know of astrophysics -- I'd say not, but the final nails haven't been driven yet) is irrelevant to government recognized marriage.  Nobody is saying that churches would have to recognize gay marriages any more than an Xtian church has to recognize a Buddhist wedding, let alone perform them.  A lot of ministers/priests/rabbis already won't marry anyone who isn't a member of their congregation (or family).
Removing tax exempt status from religious organizations would mean cessation of existing government interference in favor of churches.  While I'm sure that churches won't like it, it isn't restricting their rights in any way.

A government ruled by scripture would be something you might not like...  What if the "scripture" was the Quran?  What about the Coptic bible or one of the other early xtian churches (Gospels according to Mary Magdaline and Judas anyone)?  A lot of xtian churches can't even agree on which translation of the bible is the "right" one...  And just about everyone cherry picks bits here and there to satisfy their whim at the moment -- if you don't then there are big contradictions, particularly between what is in the old and new testaments.  And if you say "well, the old testament doesn't count"...  then the prohibitions on gay marriage are out -- I can't find any statement attributed to Jesus on the subject at all.  And it basically just isn't really mentioned in the new testament.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm sure there are allot of people in those counties that are bending over forwards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

just what I was thinking
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

Not in a secular government.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#46]
This is my take on it.

As a Christian, I oppose gay marriage through any church.  As a Libertarian, I "support" gay "marriage" through the state.  

If you want to take the route that marriage is a Holy institution, great! But how many "marriages" do we throw out null and void because they were preformed by an un-ordained Justice of the peace opposed to a chaplain, priest, preacher, etc?

The state shouldn't care if its Bob and Joe or Bob and Susie or Susie and Erin declare dependency on each other, all they are doing is declaring a "We depend on each other for the foreseeable future" to the state.  There is nothing religious about it.  Hell, this would even allow "heterosexual life partners" (aka Joey and Chandler) to declare dependency and reap the benefits of co-habitation.  

This wouldn't even be a problem if the government had called it 'civil unions' from the beginning.  You get married in church, and you declare civil union through the state.  But alas they did not.

Unfortunately the government has hijacked the definition of marriage and made it solely a tax filing status and thus destroyed its Holy meaning all together (yadda yadda yadda, something about separation of church and state).

That being said, don't even dare try to tell my religion that they have to allow gay marriage in their buildings / sacraments.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  Not a religious person here, but I understand the act of marriage was/is a religious rite, pure and simple.  Only reason governments have gotten involved is basically to tax it.  Local governments require marriage licenses so they can collect a fee/tax.  Federal government is involved for income tax regulation.  And they have gotten involved under the idea that it's a civil rights/equal rights issue when the original act of marriage isn't protected by the constitution to begin with other than under freedom of religion.  Government needs to get out of the marriage regulation business.  Now if they want to separate the act of marriage from recognizing a civil union for taxation and equal benefit situations, then I'm ok with that.   But that's if you recognize that the two acts are not the same.  Gay couples can have whatever ceremony they want, but it's not a religious marriage unless that religion recognizes it.  And there needs to be clarification by the SCOTUS that while the government accepts civil unions of homosexuals, that it doesn't trump the right to freedom of religion that is guaranteed by the Constitution and therefore the right of someone to refuse service to someone in violation of their religious beliefs.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That being said, don't even dare try to tell my religion that they have to allow gay marriage in their buildings / sacraments.

I don't believe they will.

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/a-30-second-guide-to-how-gay-marriage-ruling-affects-you/

I don't think they will either, but it's potentially one lawsuit away.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, the Civil War was illegal because the  Dredd Scott decision upheld the Southern position? If the Supreme Court can do no wrong, that's where it obviously leads....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top