Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2015 7:47:49 PM EDT
my 2016 suffered hail damage last weekend, 6 days after I got it

Mainly paintless dent repair they said but possibly replace roof panel.

Anyhow, my insurance company recommended either Service King or CRC in Austin (on Lamar). I was looking for maybe a Kia dealership to fix it since its so new, but I only found an Ancira body shop for all their brands.

Anyone have any experience with any of those shops? Ive never had body damage fixed by someone I didnt know (step dad was a body man for 30yrs....he also hated paintless dent repair, but is retired now), so I'm a little apprehensive on goin somewhere I know nothing about.

The CRC guy was tellin me basically that the Austin auto body services are better than san antonio, "its a whole different world down there" he said......any validity to that?????????
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#1]
They aren't a dealer, but Jacks Paint Place in Converse (north side of San Antonio) is a very professional shop and when they're done you'll never know your car was worked on.. (Speaking as a former employee)
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I've dealt with Elis and Salazar and AMM collision.  Service King basically told me to pound sand because it was a corporate car and they take longer.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
We send quite a bit of work to both Service King and AMM. Not impressed with the quality of work.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Where did it hail?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Berli's in Pflugerville is my favorite.  They did an awesome job on my Challenger.  However, they are more expensive and tell you that up front.  When my car was being worked on there were several exotics there being worked on as well if that tells you anything.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where did it hail?
View Quote

San Antonio, by ingram Park Mall. My GF lives in ATX and im up there quite a bit.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

San Antonio, by ingram Park Mall. My GF lives in ATX and im up there quite a bit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where did it hail?

How large was the hail?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Dent Works of Austin Paintless Dent Repair

Ive taken my truck there 4 times. each time came out looking like nothing happened.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How large was the hail?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where did it hail?

How large was the hail?

Marble.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:47:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Dent Works of Austin Paintless Dent Repair

Ive taken my truck there 4 times. each time came out looking like nothing happened.
View Quote

I stopped by there yesterday. very impressed with the guys, seemed very down to earth and straight shooters. Gonna have them do the work, Trey took me back in his shop and let me see what all they were working on and I watched the guys for a few mins. Seems like he has a really good thing goin.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We send quite a bit of work to both Service King and AMM. Not impressed with the quality of work.
View Quote

+1 on the Service King...  they worked on the tailgate of my wife's previous truck and they didn't put the latch back in properly and it fell out a few weeks after the work was done and was lost...

They refused to replace it even though it was obviously their shoddy work that was the problem.  The dealership said the only way it could have fallen out is if they didn't put it back in right.  It cost me a bunch to replace it and get the new one keyed to match the original keys.  Never again would I ever go there, and I make a point to tell anyone who asks to stay away.  They may not care about losing my business and I probably don't know enough people or have enough sway to make a difference, but if I can save someone else from being victimized by their incompetence it is some consolation I guess.

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I worked in that biz for a while, and you don't need a KIA dealer. I worked at a Nissan dealership body shop and we repaired every make. Just find a good shop (don't pay attention to the sign), and make sure they use parts from the manufacturer if anything is replaced.

That said- try the paint-less dent repair. I saw a guy from Dent Wizard push a roof out on a car that had rolled onto its roof and make it look like new.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top