Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 7:53:36 PM EDT
I'm looking for East Texas Bigfoot stories.  (or Dogmen, etc.)

Any stories out there or other Bigfoot hunters from Texas lurking here?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The BFRO website has bigfoot sighting and investigations for every county in TX, just found out they ad a sighting a few yrs back by me, between on 37 going towards MT Vernon near Sulphur River bottoms. Pretty cool but I would still shoot one so the 100yr old debate could end!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Also check out the North American Wood Ape site.  It has a ton of sightings.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:24:33 AM EDT
[#3]
It's just REALLY hard for me to believe that in this day and age with ALL the game cameras out there, that if Bigfoot really existed, SOMEONE would have a picture. Doncha think?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have some central Texas tooth fairy stories if you want.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Paging McUzi.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I only see weird shadows, and that's only at a certain house.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#7]
The other day on the radio one of the DJs made reference to, "Bigfoot, hide and seek champion of all time."
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#8]
There is a guy I know that was travelling the Neches River with is wife to go catfishing. They passed by an area that had a few tree stumps sticking out just above the water. He felt as though something was watching him and the hair began to stand on his neck. Suddenly, one of the tree stumps stood up and started to walk out of the river. That was many many years ago and to this day his wife will never go back into the river.

These were campfire stories of course so was it real? You decide.

An anecdote to this is the time he had trouble with some people hunting on his private hunting land/or lease.  He fashioned a pair of Bigfoot feet out of plywood that he glued to the bottom of some old shoes.  Then he attached leather to the bottom of the plywood to make it have some texture when he makes the foot prints.  He had a friend pilot his boat down the river next to his hunting area and got out in the water. He walked onto the shore making shore to leave some convincing foot prints and walked back onto the water on the other side of the shore.  This made it look like a bigfoot came from the water and walked around a bit.  There may have been a catfish carcass thrown ashore too.  

After that he never had trouble with the people illegally hunting on his place.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I am on the fence with bigfoot, on one hand all pics are crap and same as above post, can't believe there are no pics/proof by now. On the other hand, bigfoot reports have been documented since the 1700's from different cultures and area's of the US and beyond. Hey the Coelacanth was "extinct" for millions of years til a scientist say an African cathing and eating them..........................................
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's just REALLY hard for me to believe that in this day and age with ALL the game cameras out there, that if Bigfoot really existed, SOMEONE would have a picture. Doncha think?
View Quote

They can see infrared!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have some central Texas tooth fairy stories if you want.
View Quote

That is a familiar looking avatar.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:08:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I shit you not when I was about 15 16 we had a very small pond in our backyard during the summer it dried out. Me and my brother's went back there a lot to shoot and stuff the pond was just a hole with mud on the bottom and sides no tracks going in or out but smack dab in the middle of it was a single bare footprint only one the walls where smooth and the pond was only abut 30' wide. True story
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I shit you not when I was about 15 16 we had a very small pond in our backyard during the summer it dried out. Me and my brother's went back there a lot to shoot and stuff the pond was just a hole with mud on the bottom and sides no tracks going in or out but smack dab in the middle of it was a single bare footprint only one the walls where smooth and the pond was only abut 30' wide. True story
View Quote

Sounds like a one-footed sasquatch parachuted out of a plane and disintegrated into pixie dust on impact.  Pretty common, really.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:09:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe it was a pervert or a deformed kid or something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top