Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 9:45:38 AM EDT
I don't post much due to time constraints.  I use what little free time I have to learn this area.  I have dealt with the guys at Advanced Gunworks in Roanoke.  I made a comment on here about them and was called out for it.  I have no allegiance to them, just have had good experience.  Nothing more.  Apologies if taken wrong or it was improper.   They showed me that they are working to open an indoor range in Roanoke.  I was by there this week and dirt is being move and work being done to that end.  However, I have read and been told offline by members that they don't think it will happen.I was hoping for more color on that as I have seen the construction documents and spoken to a city rep about it.  He said council approved it and it is going forward.  So, I am hoping those in the know can shed light on it for me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh. Guarantee it will be overpriced and probably won't last very long. Probably make even more traffic on 377 to slow me down on the way to the range where I shoot.

They'd better have some kind of hook if they want to succeed, and all I've seen is hype with no substance.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Helluva of 'guarantee' to say they will fail.  

Seems like something right for the area.  And given population,should do quite well, I would  think
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Seems like something right for the area.  And given population,should do quite well, I would  think
View Quote

There is an indoor and an outdoor range that are both very close to where this Roanoke range is supposedly planned.  In fact, in the spring of 2013 there was all kinds of talk about that place.  

Just doesn't seem to be a lot of real movement on the place.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
Read it again, I didn't say anything of the sort

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh for an indoor range. Might be a good place to shoot my .22 if I had any ammo for it.  What I would like to have is a place to stretch out my AR and my .308 bolt gun.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I have done more digging and have found several posts, here and other sites, stating this has been discussed for a while.  I stopped in to Advanced yesterday and I saw city approved and stamped plans for construction on the desk.  The city has approved it recently and I saw equipment on site last evening...Just FWIW

hope they pull this off.  It will great to be able to shoot year round at 75 degrees.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have done more digging and have found several posts, here and other sites, stating this has been discussed for a while.  I stopped in to Advanced yesterday and I saw city approved and stamped plans for construction on the desk.  The city has approved it recently and I saw equipment on site last evening...Just FWIW

hope they pull this off.  It will great to be able to shoot year round at 75 degrees.
View Quote

???? Go over to Shoot Smart at 35W between Heritage Trace and Golden Triangle.  

Not holding my breath for your place.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Meh for an indoor range. Might be a good place to shoot my .22 if I had any ammo for it.  What I would like to have is a place to stretch out my AR and my .308 bolt gun.
View Quote
Sorry to hijack, but since your name is RV8Guy... do you fly out of Northwest Regional? I was cycling at Knob Hills yesterday and saw an RV flying formation with what looked like a Cub. I couldn't tell if it was my friend Danny in Beautiful Doll or not, they went right over me.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry to hijack, but since your name is RV8Guy... do you fly out of Northwest Regional? I was cycling at Knob Hills yesterday and saw an RV flying formation with what looked like a Cub. I couldn't tell if it was my friend Danny in Beautiful Doll or not, they went right over me.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, I 'm the guy formally known as RV8guy. I sold the plane last year. If you saw an RV in formation with a cub, it's a good chance it was Danny and Doug Reeves.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Actually, I 'm the guy formally known as RV8guy. I sold the plane last year. If you saw an RV in formation with a cub, it's a good chance it was Danny and Doug Reeves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahhh okay, thanks. I'll mention it the next time I see him (we both fly RC)

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Private Suite FTW...

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Not expecting anyone to hold their breath.  Seems like it would be a great deal of expense and trouble to get plans created by engineers and approved by city, not to move forward....  just sayin'
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Private Suite FTW...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Private Suite FTW...  
This. Until I joined Proactive Defense, Shoot Smart private suites are pretty much all I used except when I'd drive all the way to Austin to go to Best of the West.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:26:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This. Until I joined Proactive Defense, Shoot Smart private suites are pretty much all I used except when I'd drive all the way to Austin to go to Best of the West.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Private Suite FTW...  

Is proactive defense at quail creek? It seems like it is close the address they list.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:26:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Is proactive defense at quail creek? It seems like it is close the address they list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Private Suite FTW...  

Yep, it's in the same complex. I rarely tell people to check it out because I don't want it to be discovered and crowded, but... check it out

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#16]
and then there is.... http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/article16843469.html  maybe it will happen this time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top