Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2015 6:58:01 AM EDT
It's been years since we all hooked up and went to lunch from the Market Hall show.

Any interest in doing that this Sunday?

mm
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Very interested. For the first time in a very long time, I'll have Sunday off and have planned on going. Call it!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Mike I would, but were going Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I might be up for eats.Was going Sat.AM, but the weather folks just said freezing rain Sat.
So, may go Sunday......i want a new pistol !
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I can make this on sunday.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll probably go Sat morning after work depending on the roads. Otherwise will shoot for Sunday.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:16:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Any ideas on where to have lunch? Perhaps something with a nice light menu, maybe geared toward to a Sunday brunch?

OTOH, how about a place with some belt-busting Tex Mex  with margaritas and beer?  
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I was thinking about Mia's on Lemmon.

mm
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Mia's is outstandingly good....
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I want some MagTech CCP 72gr 5.56.  If anyone sees any at the show can you post up?  I don't want to drive from Plano for nothing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#10]
what time at Mias, or where to meet inside before we go?  Time?

Txl
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#11]
We can meet at 1pm under the clock in the middle of the terminal.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee102/mm38photos/Grand_Central_Terminal_clock_2_zps2oizi5ps.jpg
View Quote
I don't know where that is but I'll find it.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm thinking that's right by the StarGate Portal...............
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I haven't been for a while.  Is the exit still in the north room?

mm
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:03:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee102/mm38photos/Grand_Central_Terminal_clock_2_zps2oizi5ps.jpg
View Quote

Grand Central.......
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:01:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Is the plan to meet for lunch and then go to show, or go in the morning and then meet for lunch?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is the plan to meet for lunch and then go to show, or go in the morning and then meet for lunch?
View Quote

I was planning on going to the show first.

We could meet up near the exit from the north hall at 1pm.  Then go to Mia's.

FYI - the picture posted earlier in the thread is a joke.  The clock is actually located in Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan, NY

mm
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone been to the show today? I'm down in Killeen area and am not driving up there until maybe tomorrow when the ice is gone.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:19:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

FYI - the picture posted earlier in the thread is a joke.  The clock is actually located in Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan, NY

mm
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

mm
Sounds good.

Now to get a refund on my tickets to New York City.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#20]
The show was less than stellar this morning,  maybe 65% full.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#21]
By 65% do you mean customers/buyers, or number of vendors normally at the show?

I'm about to head to downtown for an errand, and was thinking of swinging by the show to look for a nice BUG/mouse gun.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I mean vendors. It may be a bit more now but the big hall had a lot of empty tables.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Ok, gotcha. Good to know.  I'll still swing by and donate my entrance fee to see if there's something worth bringing back home.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you expect more? Gun shows have be nothing less than a waste of time the last few years
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Did you expect more? Gun shows have be nothing less than a waste of time the last few years
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You DO know what they say about opinions don't ya ?...........
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#26]
And there was a little issue with icy roads/terrible traffic last night (vendor setup (I believe they do it the night before)), and this morning road issues. I was going to go today but have decided on tomorrow. A gun show is not worth a wreck.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#27]
i would love to meet up, but I have to work.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you do know what insanity is dont you?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:08:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attendance was down due to bad weather conditions Friday/Sat am.  We all understand you don't like gun shows which you've crapped on in EVERY gun show thread.  Just an FYI, there are plenty of guys that still like to walk around with cash in their pockets to take advantage of some great deals (also an excuse to get exercise & entertainment instead of going to the local mall).  If it makes you feel better, I still had a little money left in my pocket and didn't find everything I was looking for; however, I did manage to get some great deals.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Maybe we can get together for the next show in June. (I think)
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Does Market Hall open at 10:00 today?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Just checked the website.  0900.

How are the roads?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Roads are wet....that's about it.

So, 1 pm at the exit in the north hall?  

Leave at 1:15 or so?

mm
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Roads are wet....that's about it.

So, 1 pm at the exit in the north hall?  

Leave at 1:15 or so?

mm
View Quote

Sounds good. I'll be wearing a sweat shirt that says, "Gee Gees." Hope you can recognize me.

If you've kept all that weight off that you lost, you may be harder to identify!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Attendance was down due to bad weather conditions Friday/Sat am.  We all understand you don't like gun shows which you've crapped on in EVERY gun show thread.  Just an FYI, there are plenty of guys that still like to walk around with cash in their pockets to take advantage of some great deals (also an excuse to get exercise & entertainment instead of going to the local mall).  If it makes you feel better, I still had a little money left in my pocket and didn't find everything I was looking for; however, I did manage to get some great deals.
View Quote

There was once a time I enjoyed swinging by gun shows. Deals and bargains could be had but it seems the last few stops I've made into one just left me disapointed. Not because I didn't find anything but the fact that a lot of dealers have Chinese knock off crap and price gouge. What's up with that? They obviously see what they've done to the guns shows now and is a repercussion of their actions. That's why a lot of big shots stopped going to the shows.

Going to be hard for dealers that goto gun shows to turn this bus around. Definitely drove a lot of the customers to other stores and online.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There was once a time I enjoyed swinging by gun shows. Deals and bargains could be had but it seems the last few stops I've made into one just left me disapointed. Not because I didn't find anything but the fact that a lot of dealers have Chinese knock off crap and price gouge. What's up with that? They obviously see what they've done to the guns shows now and is a repercussion of their actions. That's why a lot of big shots stopped going to the shows.

Going to be hard for dealers that goto gun shows to turn this bus around. Definitely drove a lot of the customers to other stores and online.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll agree that you can get better deals on parts & accessories online these days but you'll miss out of that guy walking or the dealers that have some great finds.  For gun guys in DFW, these shows are still worth the time and effort if you are looking to broaden the collection, trade, or sell.  I'll risk buying cheap accessories online but buying an actual firearm FTF makes these shows shine.  Call me insane but I've walked away with steals, something I could never achieved staying at home, surfing the web.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#37]
If anyone sees the guy that gets a table to just sell the bricks of 22lr he got at Walmart or Cabelas and resells them for $100, punch him in the throat for me. Oh, and punch anyone buying from him since they are part of the problem.

Wish I could have gone but my addiction has already ate up my paycheck this week and I can't be tempted.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agree 100%. It is hard to go to a show and get something of quality. It is sp much chicom knockoff. I used to spend a lot of money at shows, last 2-3 shows zip. Missed this weekend show. Last show i went was only to hang out with friends and get pizza at Sals.  Get what you want online.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Agree 100%. It is hard to go to a show and get something of quality. It is sp much chicom knockoff. I used to spend a lot of money at shows, last 2-3 shows zip. Missed this weekend show. Last show i went was only to hang out with friends and get pizza at Sals.  Get what you want online.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So are you strictly garage sales now?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#40]
It is nice to be able to look at something before you order it, sight unseen. off the net.

Besides, the people watching is almost worth the price of admission.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#41]
I found 4 50rd boxes of 180gr bonded ranger hp in .40 for $23 each.  Got em all.

Txl
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It is nice to be able to look at something before you order it, sight unseen. off the net.

Besides, the people watching is almost worth the price of admission.
View Quote

This...

It's like going to the movies.  I can watch it cheaper later, but sometimes I just like to savor the experience.  Expensive popcorn and all, it's not ALL about a few bucks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I saw OP
Wish I could have done lunch but my buddy is a slow poke.

I ended up buying s bunch of morale patches.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#44]
It was meh for me...went there yesterday afternoon and got some things I needed for a new AR10.  I got there late due to waiting for the ice to get better so only had a couple of hours to spend.  I also found a good deal on a used Burris PEPR mount for said AR10.  Went back today and didn't spend a penny.  That's probably a first for me at Market Hall....2 days and no new gun :(

Was hoping to find a deal on a Colt 9mm AR but as I don't really "need" one I wasn't about to pay the $1200-$1400 they were asking for the 2 or 3 I saw there.  Will just hold out for a reasonable price RRA-9 on the sell/trade forum here I guess.

Earl
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:43:51 AM EDT
[#45]
I too made it to to yesterday's event in the latter half of the afternoon.

You could definitely say attendance numbers were impacted by the weather. Although the vendor numbers were down (never seen table gaps on the main aisles at Market Hall before), most of the usual suspects were open for business.

I picked up the BUG I was looking for, at a price I couldn't beat online even with tax thrown in, so contributing to the relatively local economy felt like a good day. (vendor is from Bullard, TX)

The crowd diversity is always a hoot, and I will say that I'm grateful for the lack of stroller pushers standing in the middle of every aisle. Though, I still can't figure out how some people don't see the irony when they say they come to the show to "people watch", yet they themselves are the people to be watching.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Yea, I like to watch the people watching me. (Although none of us can see the NSA watching us all or the hidden cameras BATF has on everyone there).

Actually, I go to "get out of the house" and to talk with like minded" enthusiasts. I hate Shopping Malls, and if I am forced to go shopping with my wife my legs/feet are tired in 10 minutes. But at a Gun Show, I can walk  hours.

I don't know how many "deals" there are out there at the shows, but at least you can get an idea of items are going for (well asking price). It's interesting to see the entire gambit of firearms, from the old to the newest products. The shows are mainly just a form of entertainment to me.

And no, I don't really people watch--except if it's a good looking gal in a short dress  :O)
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#47]
I went early and was at the door,when a DGCA member i used to shoot pistol matches with came over to say hello.
He passed me a vendor button and said i could go on in early.Made a pistol trade and got some cash to boot,
Went to all the bigger dealers and there was one CZ 75 SA in the whole show.
So,it came home with me.

Was out the door by 10:30,had to get home.[company]
Got to see quite a few guys i shot with for 10 or 12 years,and one old coworker.
Was well worth the drive to me,just wish i could have made lunch too.
But............i did have Pie !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top