Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2015 7:27:30 PM EDT
Has anybody used New World Ordnance for a FFL transfer in Houston?

Update: Nevermind. I was going over the fine print and found "your firearm may be used in a short youtube review video." Also there's the fact that because it's appointment only, their schedule, and how long they said it could take to process the transfer once they get it: if they receive it on a Thursday or Friday you're potentially looking at close to a week before they let you get your gun from them.

Thanks for the replies, but I decided to look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used him several times.  Ryan is good to go in my book.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, he's GTG.  Like going to an 80's DMV in some ways.  A no frills place that gets the job done.  Friendlier than the dmv of course.  I laugh when I see my local LGS charge 40-50

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Nevermind.  I was going over the fine print and found "your firearm may be used in a short youtube review video."   Also there's the fact that because it's appointment only, their schedule, and how long they said it could take to process the transfer once they get it: if they receive it on a Thursday or Friday you're potentially looking at close to a week before they let you get your gun from them.

Thanks for the replies, but I decided to look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nevermind.  I was going over the fine print and found "your firearm may be used in a short youtube review video."   ......
View Quote

That's one of the weirdest things I've ever read from a dealers website.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:42:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nevermind.  I was going over the fine print and found "your firearm may be used in a short youtube review video."   ......

What that translates to is, "i want to do reviews on my youtube channel of a wide variety of firearms to get my view and subscriber count up, but can't afford to order that wide variety of firearms."  If you order a Glock 26 from him, it's not gonna get finger fucked, no one cares about the review.  If you order a RFB, that may be a different story.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#6]
You just show the gun, (without field stripping or fncking it up) I'm 99.9% O.K. with that.

As soon as You shoot the new gun, you owe me $$$$$

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it seems pretty weird and kind of shady.  Some people might not mind, but I'd rather use another FFL.  I found another one that charges $10, is much closer, won't use your guns in videos, and won't potentially make you wait almost a week to pick up your gun from them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You just show the gun, (without field stripping or fncking it up) I'm 99.9% O.K. with that.

As soon as You shoot the new gun, you owe me $$$$$

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

Some people might have a problem with their gun's serial number being on display.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I have used Black Gold Guns a few times, they are pretty low key and there always seems to be a couple LE guys in there picking up stuff. I have used other FFL's in the past, and a lot of them don't seem to be organized or helpful at all. I think they charge $20, but don't take my word on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top