Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 8:40:30 PM EDT
anyone know of a cheap ffl near plano for transfers? also who does a good job of pin and welding for 14.5 barrels around dallas?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Atwell Tactical, for both.Richardson,Tx.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Tom Hart (Hart Sports) FFL in Plano.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Atwell stopped responding to my e-mails
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:20:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Atwell has a habit of doing this.  They take business, then get swamped, then stop answering phone calls and returning emails.  Then when they get caught back up they start taking calls and emails again.  The problem is that it goes to radio silence and there is no indication of what's going on.  If they would have some sort of automated email response in these times explaining the situation, and/or some sort of answering machine message explaining the situation, there wouldn't be a problem.  But because of this I stopped using them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:23:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Tom Hart

[email protected]

Plano off Custer

Txl
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]
i just buy stuff and have it sent to atwell she calls me when its in . havent used them for gunsmithing stuff in awhile though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Atwell has a habit of doing this.  They take business, then get swamped, then stop answering phone calls and returning emails.  Then when they get caught back up they start taking calls and emails again.  The problem is that it goes to radio silence and there is no indication of what's going on.  If they would have some sort of automated email response in these times explaining the situation, and/or some sort of answering machine message explaining the situation, there wouldn't be a problem.  But because of this I stopped using them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am friends with the owner of Atwell Tactical and spend a lot of time at his shop..  I think the problem is that some people don’t know he works a desk job during the day and can’t take gun calls. I don’t think the cycle on/off thing is true, he maintains a very short turnaround for anything except special projects..  That having been said, every business is optimized to do certain work and occasionally I know he has to turn away a job. If he didn't, his prices wouldn't be as reasonable as they are or his work would have longer lead times. He usually tells you if he can’t help you with your project, whatever the reason.  Did you leave a message?

For what it's worth, I have never met another gunsmith as genuinely skilled, or one that takes as much pride in his work.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I left him two e-mails he didn't respond to.  It's whatever
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I am friends with the owner of Atwell Tactical and spend a lot of time at his shop..  I think the problem is that some people don’t know he works a desk job during the day and can’t take gun calls. I don’t think the cycle on/off thing is true, he maintains a very short turnaround for anything except special projects..  That having been said, every business is optimized to do certain work and occasionally I know he has to turn away a job. If he didn't, his prices wouldn't be as reasonable as they are or his work would have longer lead times. He usually tells you if he can’t help you with your project, whatever the reason.  Did you leave a message?

For what it's worth, I have never met another gunsmith as genuinely skilled, or one that takes as much pride in his work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Email from:  3-29-2012:
I'm not doing transfers anymore. Sorry.
Thanks
Andrew

He has directly communicated what I have stated.  This isn't a miss-interpretation of him not answering a phone.  But I used him twice more after that email when he 'started doing transfers again'.  Then he went radio silent again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#10]
On the pin - and - weld, if you can make it out as far as Rockwall, Rockwall Shooting Supply does excellent work reasonably.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I haven't seen Andrew in ages i spose he I still at work Ive been dealing with his wife who I super cool and handles the transfers. Let me see what email she responds from and you guys can email that instead maybe.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1. Good guy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
+1. Good guy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1. Good guy.

+2

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top