Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2014 7:20:54 AM EDT
Kyle Field is being blown up today (Sunday) at 8:00 am.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:23:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#2]
That was very well done. I will not miss that side.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny thing is, A&M always had an inferiority complex and made us their rival when in fact we really only recognized OU as a worthy adversary. A&M never crossed our minds except for the Thanksgiving games and I was always amazed by how they could build so much school spirit around just hating us instead of having something pro-Aggie as a theme. It was only ever anti-Longhorn stuff...

HOOK'EM HORNS \m/
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny thing is, A&M always had an inferiority complex and made us their rival when in fact we really only recognized OU as a worthy adversary. A&M never crossed our minds except for the Thanksgiving games and I was always amazed by how they could build so much school spirit around just hating us instead of having something pro-Aggie as a theme. It was only ever anti-Longhorn stuff...

HOOK'EM HORNS \m/
View Quote

Yet this thread is about the reconstruction of our stadium and your changing the subject to our obsession with you longhorns?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yet this thread is about the reconstruction of our stadium and your changing the subject to our obsession with you longhorns?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HOOK'EM HORNS \m/

LMAO Gig Em.

V
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#6]
tu has a football program now?  When did that happen?

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I wasn't in favor of all the upgrades and rebuild. There's 12 private suites that you'll basically have to own an oil company to afford.

Then I realized it would hold more people than Jerry Jones's Cowboy stadium and I was ok with it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually OP in the subject line is "The UT football fans ought to be happy..." then he said "Kyle Field is being blown up today (Sunday) at 8:00 am."

So I'm assuming an Aggie posted the topic, if there is no obsession with the Longhorns, why include UT in the subject line? Oh, that's right.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:59:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually now now the happy ones should be LSU and Alabama.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Do people stand in the luxury suites at Kyle Field or do they sit?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

after we actually WON a national championship, not proclaim one!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet refuse to schedule A&M in a non-conference game

Oh well, doesn't matter, the best team in Texas is in Waco, or arguably Ft. Worth. How things have changed...
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Nobody has answered my question yet. Do aggies that buy luxury suites stand up for the game like everyone else or do they slouch in their seats?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Oh well, doesn't matter, the best team in Texas is in Waco, or arguably Ft. Worth. How things have changed...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, Waco/Ft. Worth... never College Station. Funny how things change, yet somethings always stay the same!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Graduated Friday, watched the implosion Sunday, and will be a part of the redevelopment effort full time next Tuesday.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Graduated Friday, watched the implosion Sunday, and will be a part of the redevelopment effort full time next Tuesday.
View Quote

Congrats! Gig'em!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#17]
It's a big "meh" as far as I'm concerned.  Most UT fans I know barely keep track of A&M now that they aren't in the same conference...
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#18]

On my phone, so my apologies if this doesn't work. HD video from the implosion subcontractor.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Those shots at 1:04/3:33/4:27 are just stunning.

Can't wait to catch a game there when it's finished.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I hope they make those exits extra-large at New Gomer Pyle Field, to facilitate the mid-3rd quarter Aggy crowd surge streaming to the parking lots.  Good Engineering really is all about planning ahead, lol.

Aggy was the 7th best historical team in the Big 12 Conference, ...  SEC, can you say whoops!?!?  Aggy won the Big-12 one time, went 11-3, still lost to TEXAS and was summarily prison-raped in their bowl game.  Ah, 1998, seems like just yesterday, hehe.

God I love College Football, Texas and America!

Merry Christmas Y'all and Hook'em Horns!

Hking

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top