Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2014 10:46:30 AM EDT
IEDs found and shots fired at APD headquarters and the Mexican Consulate.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#2]
CNN
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#4]
News says he was killed only by a ricochet. Someone needs to head to the range for some practice.

Shooter is a 50 year old white male, which according to the news is another very important part of the story. They cannot say that enough.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Kind of a weird time of day to do something like that....I mean if there is a right time?......if you wanted to do damage to people.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:10:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
News says he was killed only by a ricochet. Someone needs to head to the range for some practice.

Shooter is a 50 year old white male, which according to the news is another very important part of the story. They cannot say that enough.
View Quote

[Pvt. Joker] Sir, Does this mean Ann Margaret isn't coming??? [/Pvt. Joker]

[Pvt. Joker] Sir, Does this mean Ann Margaret  Al Sharpon & Jesse Jackson isn't coming??? [/Pvt. Joker]

I'm surprised they haven't already flown into Austin demanding that the Killer Kop in this case be arrested and put on trial right now!!! ...  

Oh wait, the Officer just killed some white dude...   Oh Well   Never Mind.....
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds more like suicide by cop.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

And that it must be related to the immigration issue, since he shot up the consulate and the federal courthouse.

Just ignore that he shot up the PD HQ and a bank too...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like the "IEDs" were just small propane cylinders, and I'd bet the "bulletproof vest or some kind of suicide vest" was some kinda cheap Chinese cross-draw vest.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Terrorist?  Do you work for the media?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hight doubt it was a ricochet.  Also great Monday morning quarterbacking there.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
.  Also great Monday morning quarterbacking there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

.  Also great Monday morning quarterbacking there.

Where do you think you are?  

Theres a whole TEAM of quarterbacks here !
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Just doing his part to "keep Austin weird".  Sounds like the only place he missed was an IRS building, but those are a little further away.  Every time I drive down 183 I still think of that guy that flew his plane into the IRS office there a few years ago.  Anyway, I'm sure this guy will be found guilty by the media of being a hard core conservative probably with tea party ties that was fed up with the immigration and lack of law enforcement by APD (amnesty city) and the feds.  I've worked a couple times across the street from that Mexican consulate, lots of traffic and retail around there.  Lucky no one else was hurt, which would lead me to favor the suicide by cop theory if he didn't hurt anyone.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds kinda like terror to me?  Do you have to be a certain religion to be a terrorist?  Timothy McVeigh was a terroist.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounds kinda like terror to me?  Do you have to be a certain religion to be a terrorist?  Timothy McVeigh was a terroist.
View Quote

He is also responsible for killing almost 200 people.  This guy was crazy and shot up a few buildings.  There were no bombs, no explosives, just a nut job and a gun.  To me, that is not a Terrorist.  Also where did anybody bring up religion besides you?  What does that have to do with this story?  You know what assuming does, right?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
He is also responsible for killing almost 200 people.  This guy was crazy and shot up a few buildings.  There were no bombs, no explosives, just a nut job and a gun.  To me, that is not a Terrorist.  Also where did anybody bring up religion besides you?  What does that have to do with this story?  You know what assuming does, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You write terrorist you must work for the media.  I took that to mean that you did not believe this was the work of a terrorist.  Killing 200 people could definitely be in the qualification for terrorist.  But PLEASE LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS, I meant absolutely no afront to you.  I was just pointing out, mainly, terrorists come from lots of places.  Nothing more.  Maybe I stated my point poorly.  But really All I did was ask a couple questions and point out a terrorist from white America, all the while realizing most of the terrorists in this world are from other descent.  At least as I see it.  

By the way I ASSumed nothing.  Edit:  speaking of assuming where is responsible for killing almost 200 people?  Did I miss something?  He fired over 100 shots?  

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You write terrorist you must work for the media.  I took that to mean that you did not believe this was the work of a terrorist.  Killing 200 people could definitely be in the qualification for terrorist.  But PLEASE LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS, I meant absolutely no afront to you.  I was just pointing out, mainly, terrorists come from lots of places.  Nothing more.  Maybe I stated my point poorly.  But really All I did was ask a couple questions and point out a terrorist from white America, all the while realizing most of the terrorists in this world are from other descent.  At least as I see it.    

By the way I ASSumed nothing.  Edit:  speaking of assuming where is responsible for killing almost 200 people?  Did I miss something?  He fired over 100 shots?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

McVey.  The Austin nutjob guy killed nobody except possibly himself (thankfully). My point was the guy is not a terrorist just another keep austin weird nutjob
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

McVey.  The Austin nutjob guy killed nobody except possibly himself

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

McVey.  The Austin nutjob guy killed nobody except possibly himself

I misunderstood.  Guess ima idiot.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Terrorist?  Do you work for the media?
View Quote

No -- the media has been very pointed in avoiding using that word.

So the guy may have been a wannabe terrorist...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#20]

One man's terrorist is another man's pirate. If he had a fake parrot on his shoulder I could pass it off as a costume. Pretty sure that dude was into pirates or thought himself one.

After watching his sword and chinese martial arts videos, that Larry The Austin Gunman, was not altogether in his head.

There is a couch missing some upholstery for that costume.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:50:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/nrBIliY.jpg

One man's terrorist is another man's pirate. If he had a fake parrot on his shoulder I could pass it off as a costume. Pretty sure that dude was into pirates or thought himself one.

After watching his sword and chinese martial arts videos, that Larry The Austin Gunman, was not altogether in his head.

View Quote

Lmao, that picture sums it up
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:58:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lmao, that picture sums it up
View Quote

Not to mention he is a convicted felon that did time for armed robbery and the only job he could find was working at a car wash. He was a recent immigrant from Kansas to Austin. Pretty worthless to say he was anything Texas related.

He spent more time in a Texas prison than he ever lived outside one as a free person. Screw that guy.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 4:08:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

That shit just made me spit my drink through my nose!! haha

As far as timing is concerned, I can tell you guys don't go out to bars much!  2:15ish am on a Thursday night, the entertainment district after a home game...  Lots of people to hurt and kill.  Target rich environment with a ton of drunks.  Lots of whom park under 35.  Also, while most places won t have workers at 2 in the morning, PD, FD, EMS will have people in their buildings.  

That pirate stuff was so damn funny.  That just slayed me man.  Funnies post I have seen in a long time!  First thing I thought when I say his picture was looks like crazy is a more likely motive than national policy...
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I keep seeing Joe Biden in a pirate outfit, maybe 15-20 years ago?  Anybody else?

Edit: drunk uncle Joe
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I keep seeing Joe Biden in a pirate outfit, maybe 15-20 years ago?  Anybody else?  

drunk uncle Joe
View Quote

Lots of bad pirates out there man.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Media is reporting 1 shot from the police officer at over 100yards with a pistol...with one hand being the fatal shot. If true..this guy is my hero.

http://kxan.com/2014/12/01/chief-on-austin-gunman-hate-was-in-his-heart/
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Double tap
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

That looks like my comforter he's wearing.  Reminds me of Carol Burnett wearing a curtain rod in her Gone With the Wind skit.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Media is reporting 1 shot from the police officer at over 100yards with a pistol...with one hand being the fatal shot. If true..this guy is my hero.

http://kxan.com/2014/12/01/chief-on-austin-gunman-hate-was-in-his-heart/

View Quote

Got to agree. This guy was a total badass! Hats off to him! Good job APD cav!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top