Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2014 3:49:46 PM EDT
MacGregor Park is located just a couple miles down I-45 from downtown Houston.  I work in downtown and my house is about 2 miles from this location.  I'll be in another part of town but with a pregnant wife who does sales and is all over the town.  What advice would yall give?  The last time these morons got together they blocked traffic on 288.  

Nationwide protests will be held and have been organized to follow the verdict of the Mike Brown case.,  The verdict should be out today which means tomorrow at 5pm there will be at least some sort of gathering.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Things could get ugly.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup...that's what I'm thinkin....
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Media (and Quanell X in our case) inciting a race war?

Never.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Never.
View Quote

Community Aggitators stirring up $#!+?  Who'd have thunk...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not concerned.  If you try to grab for a LEOs gun, you are likely to get shot.  Next case.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#6]
It actually annoyed me when the open carry people cowardly backed out of having a march in the 5th ward
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It actually annoyed me when the open carry people cowardly backed out of having a march in the 5th ward
View Quote

I thought the same thing. I immediately thought everyone should be carrying a Red Ryder BB gun with a slingshot in the back pocket while walking through 5th Ward handing out fliers and educating the community. I guess there's too much white guilt still going around.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I for one thought for sure the grand jury would indite. Then they can have another OJ style court on TV making millions of dollars.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I for one thought for sure the grand jury would indite. Then they can have another OJ style court on TV making millions of dollars.
View Quote

Indict

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I was in the 288 south traffic when they blocked off the freeway during evening rush hour for Trayvon Martin's cause.

Now the dumbasses are back at it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#11]
If only more of us had something like this...

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Indict

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indict

I had heard some speculate the jury might do that to avoid having any of the mob outrage towards them and delay things in hopes that by the time it finally went to trial things would settle some.  Although if the jury is focused on that instead of the facts, then they need a new grand jury.  The ones in the mob that are looking to be violent, loot and burn would do so even if the officer was found guilty in a court trial as I'm sure the punishment wouldn't meet their expectations.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#13]
My kids go to decent schools in a not so pleasant part of town. When they were talking press conference at 5:00 pm today, I made sure we were on our way home, out of town, by 4:30.

I'd be home with my wife or I'd have her hang out with family or friends some place else.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://marals3.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/03-zombieland_cadillac_product_placement.jpg

BIGGER_HAMMER

View Quote

what movie is this?

lol it's right there in the pic thread, zombieland

don't remember seeing this
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:45:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

what movie is this?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://marals3.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/03-zombieland_cadillac_product_placement.jpg

BIGGER_HAMMER

what movie is this?

It's the scene where they were looking at the overturned Hostess truck
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:30:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's the scene where they were looking at the overturned Hostess truck

View Quote
SNO-BALLS!?!?!

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:39:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Glad I'm on my weekend and don't have to deal with QX.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:19:00 AM EDT
[#18]
(re-posted from another thread in GD)

Here in San Antonio, we had exactly one protestor.

KSAT-TV interviewed him - He referred to himself as "an army of one, fighting for justice".

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

KSAT-TV interviewed him - He referred to himself as "an army of one, fighting for justice".

View Quote

Lets be honest...>San Antonio is more of an immigration reform kind of city than justice for blacks city.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

View Quote

I remember when 288 was shut down, a white family trying to get to the hospital and trying to drive around got harassed by the people and a black guy even tried grabbing for the passenger(with the sick daughter in the backseat)  Need a killdozer...if you don't know what that is then Youtube killdozer.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I ended up staying at a friends house near Washington St. but I'll be back at my house tonight.  No I wasn't scared or anything, just had my hardwoods refinished and couldn't stay at home.  We'll see if this protest stays in some sort of control in Houston. I live across the street, literally, from a fire station.  I feel safe where I live.

Again, last night was just the beginning.  Remember that the planned demonstrations are for today.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#22]
I just watched the pale face protest live from Clayton.  To say it was lame is an under statement.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#23]
white people don't know how to protest.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#24]
It really annoys me when all the talking heads on TV overlook the fact that this punk robbed a convenience store and roughed up the owner then when he was stopped by the cop he attacks him. They all talk about how the system needs to be fixed, well hell it is not broken. Accept that this punk kid was the aggressor and admit the real problem.

V
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah...I'm pretty confused still at which part is broken that Obama and Holder are talking about....it's not just the tv commentators.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It really annoys me when all the talking heads on TV overlook the fact that this punk robbed a convenience store and roughed up the owner then when he was stopped by the cop he attacks him. They all talk about how the system needs to be fixed, well hell it is not broken. Accept that this punk kid was the aggressor and admit the real problem.

V
View Quote

but but Butt...  He was "An Innocent Un-Armed Black Child Gunned Down in the Street by a WHITE Police Officer"

Do NOT let mere "FACTS" get in the way of the narrative ....
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lets be honest...>San Antonio is more of an immigration reform kind of city than justice for blacks city.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm betting SA isn't like Dallas or Houston, they'd get "out-minorityed" there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I've read SA is close to 60% hispanic.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat/news/2014/11/24/san-antonio-reacts-to-ferguson-grand-jury-decision.html

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Heading down to Houston tonight for Thanksgiving.  

Not expecting any trouble, but the AR is riding shotgun in case some geniuses get the idea to attempt a highway shutdown.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat/news/2014/11/24/san-antonio-reacts-to-ferguson-grand-jury-decision.html  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a maroon
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every year San Antonio puts on one of the largest MLK Day marches in the country drawing over 100,000 people every year even though the black population is only around 7%.  Last year it was over 150,000 people at the parade.  Low population percentage is one reason for not seeing violent protests like in other big cities, but also being culturally diverse and being a relatively quiet/peaceful community helps.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

but but Butt...  He was "An Innocent Un-Armed Black Child Gunned Down in the Street by a WHITE Police Officer"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

V

I saw a guy walk off a plane at STL with a "Unarmed Civilian" shirt a couple months back.  Think these will now be offered at discounted prices because these might make great Christmas presents?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#34]
What makes me mad is that in all the speeches, apologies, and keep calm rhetoric Michael Brown's family was apologized to and shown sympathy for their loss several times. Not one time did I hear any sympathy or apologies for officer Darren Wilson for what he has been through and the fact that, right or wrong, he will have to live with Michael Browns death for the rest of his life. How will this affect the rest of his and his families life and what about the fear of reprisal that will always be there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Every year San Antonio puts on one of the largest MLK Day marches in the country drawing over 100,000 people every year even though the black population is only around 7%.  Last year it was over 150,000 people at the parade.  Low population percentage is one reason for not seeing violent protests like in other big cities, but also being culturally diverse and being a relatively quiet/peaceful community helps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree...  it may also be partially that a big percentage of black people I have met who live in SA are ex-military or from military families who were raised right to be decent and respectful people.  Same thing is also true of a lot of people of other ethnic groups I've met from SA...
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#36]
All these idiots in the media are missing a golden opportunity to use this teachable moment.  Their narrative should be that when you go out of your way to give a cop a ration of shit after said cop tells you not to walk in the middle of the street, then bad things will happen to you.  Good grief, that gentle giant tried to grab the cops gun!  Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.  Nothing good comes from antagonizing the police.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#37]
They marched this evening over by OST and MLK Blvd

Houston's Attempt
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:56:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I expect the wild, animalistic behavior and attitudes in the common street thugs we're seeing stealing and setting things on fire.

What bothers me are the talking heads on tv who are sincerely delusional right now.

They had Mark Fuhrman on Fox last night, and while I'm not a Fuhrman fan, he nailed it when he said these people are delusional and there's no way you can reason with a delusional person. It's like talking about the World Trade Center with a truther. They are unequivocally wrong, but they don't have the slightest clue, and it's scary because in some small part of the world, they have some authority.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#39]
And they just blocked 35 in downtown Dallas, looks like 100 folks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:19:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
I know, man I want to load y'all in my truck with water cannons and drive through.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:26:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I know, man I want to load y'all in my truck with water cannons and drive through.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's never a honey wagon around when you really need it...

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i'd sign up for that :)
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
All these idiots in the media are missing a golden opportunity to use this teachable moment.  Their narrative should be that when you go out of your way to give a cop a ration of shit after said cop tells you not to walk in the middle of the street, then bad things will happen to you.  Good grief, that gentle giant tried to grab the cops gun!  Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.  Nothing good comes from antagonizing the police.  

View Quote

Well said...  if you are up to no good (robbing convenience stores), don't invite "the man" into your life by doing something conspicuous like walking down the middle of the street to begin with!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I was in the 288 south traffic when they blocked off the freeway during evening rush hour for Trayvon Martin's cause.

Now the dumbasses are back at it.
View Quote

What do you expect when our cowardly mayor and law "enforcement" aren't enforcing the laws against them? Of course they are going to push it further and further--they're being empowered and validated by the establishment.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They marched this evening over by OST and MLK Blvd

Houston's Attempt
View Quote

Illegally blocking traffic at rush hour, illegal parade, and all the cops standing around with no arrests. Oh, that'll show 'em.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I remember when 288 was shut down, a white family trying to get to the hospital and trying to drive around got harassed by the people and a black guy even tried grabbing for the passenger(with the sick daughter in the backseat)  Need a killdozer...if you don't know what that is then Youtube killdozer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

Fuck that. I would have made national headlines
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Never.
View Quote

Not unless someone had about $10,000 in it for him.  Quannel Ralph Evans doesn't get out of bed for less than that...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top