Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2014 9:43:59 PM EDT
Might be one of the best beers I have ever had.  Personally I love Shiner but they outdid themselves on this one.  Shiner but brewed with Texas peaches and pecans.  I do not like fruit beers but this is unlike anything I have ever had. WOW!
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Might be one of the best beers I have ever had.  Personally I love Shiner but they outdid themselves on this one.  Shiner but brewed with Texas peaches and pecans.  I do not like fruit beers but this is unlike anything I have ever had. WOW!
View Quote

I'll be searching
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag. And forwarding thread to mrs rudder.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw it on the shelves this past weekend.  I bought a six pack once just to try out.  I didnt like the first one at all, but next thing I knew I had drank all the rest of them! !
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I was opposite, couldn't believe the first so I continued to make sure!
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I like most Shiner beers but do not like Whitewing which is made with oranges I think. Never tried their Christmas beer, figured it would taste like pine trees or something, which is what it sounds like.

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Their summer seasonal Ruby Red is on the way out. Next summer it will be Shiner Prickly Pear.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their summer seasonal Ruby Red is on the way out. Next summer it will be Shiner Prickly Pear.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good, that stuff is disgusting.  

Quoted:

I usually like dunkelweizen, but the Cheer is to me.

Out of shiner's beers, I like their Oktoberfest and Kolsch the best.  The smokehaus is the worst to me, like cannot take more than a sip bad.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like Prickly Pear, I can only find it in the Family Reunion 12 packs and cases.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I like most of Shiner's offerings but Cheer is not one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Really shows everybody had different tastes!
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like most of Shiner's offerings but Cheer is not one of my favorites.
View Quote

This

I was a Shiner fanboy thinking anything from there was great.  Even a good brewery can make bad beer.  There is 3 year 6 pack of this in the SO's uncle's fridge that none of us will touch.  If you want a beer real bad its a real bad beer.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its a good thing...

Back when I was a kid pretty much all  the beer you could buy in most parts of the US was "American Light Lager" or "American Light Beer" (the waterier low calorie version).  Most of what you could buy was only from one of the major beweries, AB, Miller, Papst, Coors, etc...  Texas had it a little better, at least there was Shiner Bock...  and a few other places in the US where smaller independent breweries survived had a few other styles popular in a certain region...

It looked like it would get down to only 2 or 3 mega breweries...  then there was a craft brewing revolution and now we've got hundreds of choices...
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting,

while I prefer just plain ole Shiner Bock,
I actually like the Ruby Red.

I have about a half a case left, guess there will be no more. :(
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Interesting,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting,

Well, I really HATE grapefruit, so me disliking Ruby Red isn't a big surprise.  Lately I have been on a Karbach kick (excluding the IPAs..I hate them more than grapefruit).
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well, I really HATE grapefruit, so me disliking Ruby Red isn't a big surprise.  Lately I have been on a Karbach kick (excluding the IPAs..I hate them more than grapefruit).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting,

I didn't mean nothing,
just thinking about this post:
Quoted:

guess I shoulda added it.
I am not an IPA fan, either.

It's finally getting cold enough to enjoy a Guinness.

OTOH, now that Texas is distilling bourbon,
I got no reason to go to Kentucky, anymore. :)

(which has nothing to do with nothing except mentioning that Texas is distilling bourbon now. )
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It looked like it would get down to only 2 or 3 mega breweries...  then there was a craft brewing revolution and now we've got hundreds of choices...
View Quote

I've been saying for quite a while now that it's a great time to be a beer drinker. Call me a beer snob but I no longer get any big 3 beers, too many crafts to choose from. You could kill a lot of brain cells just trying Texas brews.

Jester
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

i heard this has been floating around in small quantities - but haven't been able to find any. hopefully next summer I can get my hands on some.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

i heard this has been floating around in small quantities - but haven't been able to find any. hopefully next summer I can get my hands on some.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right now its only available in the Reunion packs. Sixer's, 12 packs and cases with be available in the summer.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Out of shiner's beers, I like their Oktoberfest and Kolsch the best.  The smokehaus is the worst to me, like cannot take more than a sip bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The worst part about the cheer beer is they took their Dunkelweizen off the shelves and turned it into this swill.  

Bring back the Dunkel!
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:30:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Interesting,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting,

Saw a six pack at walgreens. Snatched it.
It's tssty mi can see it being great when it's hot
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Right now its only available in the Reunion packs. Sixer's, 12 packs and cases with be available in the summer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good. i really want to try it out.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've been saying for quite a while now that it's a great time to be a beer drinker. Call me a beer snob but I no longer get any big 3 beers, too many crafts to choose from. You could kill a lot of brain cells just trying Texas brews.

Jester
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jester

Not just a great time, but probably the best time EVER for beer drinkers.  There are more choices on the shelves now than any other time in history.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Not just a great time, but probably the best time EVER for beer drinkers.  There are more choices on the shelves now than any other time in history.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jester

I agree all the way around.

Mainly drink Shiner since my wife is from Shiner
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Shiner Black Lager is mighty tasty.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:06:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Shiner Black Lager is mighty tasty.
View Quote

My favorite Shiner.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Only Shiner I like is the Bock.  All the rest taste like crap.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Saw it in the cooler yesterday at Spec's. Unfortunately, i passed over it because I was hunting for something specific.
I am a Shiner fan and I WILL be getting some of this.
(There's too many good brews out there right now that I'm trying to get to. *cough, cough Adelbert's, cough, cough*)
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shiner has discontinued their FM966. Ruby Redbird will be available year 'round and the Prickly Pear (which was made available in bombers this summer as a limited edition) will be a regular summer seasonal next year, available in 6's and 12's.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I like Prickly Pear, I can only find it in the Family Reunion 12 packs and cases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am unfamiliar with those feels.    

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call Fury and have him bring you some. Hell, he was with me earlier today putting the last few bombers of Prickly Pear in the rooftop cooler.
Maybe I can contact him before he heads north.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh yeah... White Wing is my favorite Shiner offering. Yumm.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Call Fury and have him bring you some. Hell, he was with me earlier today putting the last few bombers of Prickly Pear in the rooftop cooler.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again. That stuff is delicious. Saving the leftovers for a special occasion

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#33]
I am a big fan of the bock. Such a great go-to beer.

I like the black lager when cold weather arrives.

Ruby Red can go bye-bye any time now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top