Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 1:20:09 AM EDT
Howdy all. I usually shoot on property out in Kaufman county, but want to find a good, safe indoor range with squared-away staff in DFW.
Any suggestions?
TIA, Ray
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:05:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Howdy neighbor!

I Have heard that shoot smart in Dallas is a good range, and have been meaning to try it out

Aside from that, I have no clue. I usually stick to privately owned land.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:24:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Shoot Smart is a solid place..

I also use Quail Creek during the week.. The RO's are nicer it seems..

good luck
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville. Great staff. Solid new(er) facility.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I will third the vote for Shoot Smart.  Two locations, one near Alliance on 35W, the other in Grand Prairie.  No range nazi's, no know it alls.  They do have reasonable rules for safety and RSO's that enforce them.  

Both locations also have private lanes where you can draw from a holster, practice your rapid fire, etc.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Very solid and awesome place.  The friendliest staff I have run into at a range, but still taking care of business 100% of the time.  Proving you don't have to be jerks to maintain safety.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Very solid and awesome place.  The friendliest staff I have run into at a range, but still taking care of business 100% of the time.  Proving you don't have to be jerks to maintain safety.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will "third" for Eagle.    Good place and friendly yet safety conscious staff.   Good rates as well.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Mi.....Frisco Gun Club?  Depends where you are looking to go in DFW I suppose, preferred corner of DFW area?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

exactly my experience with Eagle Gun range. A+
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#9]
ferretray, no more popping rounds at floating targets at the Lake??
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I will third the vote for Shoot Smart.  Two locations, one near Alliance on 35W, the other in Grand Prairie.  No range nazi's, no know it alls.  They do have reasonable rules for safety and RSO's that enforce them.  

Both locations also have private lanes where you can draw from a holster, practice your rapid fire, etc.  

View Quote

This is a great benefit. I don't know of any public range that allows either of those 2 activities.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
ferretray, no more popping rounds at floating targets at the Lake??
View Quote

While thats tempting, I'd probably have a DPD helo up my ass quick, fast and in a hurry. :)
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:40:56 AM EDT
[#12]
A+ Eagle Gun Range. Dallas Pistol Club is also a place that allows steel targets in the action bays but they are a members only club and currently have a waiting list.

V
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:22:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Another here for Eagle and Shoot Smart, both very good ranges, friendly staff. Shoot Smart at the Ft.Worth location has one private rifle lane and Eagle has several rifle lanes, you can even shoot shotgun slugs at Eagle. Bass Pro is fair with only 7 lanes, and sometimes a long wait, but I can't shoot 44 mag there as I can at Eagle.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Another here for Eagle and Shoot Smart, both very good ranges, friendly staff. Shoot Smart at the Ft.Worth location has one private rifle lane and Eagle has several rifle lanes, you can even shoot shotgun slugs at Eagle. Bass Pro is fair with only 7 lanes, and sometimes a long wait, but I can't shoot 44 mag there as I can at Eagle.
View Quote

Shoot Smart in Ft Worth has 5 private lanes, rifles allowed on each.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top