BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 6:10:51 PM EDT
Color me suprized...

http://www.krgv.com/mobile/news/feds-arrest-militia-member-in-brownsville
News Image
10-21-2014 - 01:02:PM

BROWNSVILLE - Federal agents arrested a man linked to a militia camped out in deep Southmost Brownsville.

ATF agents arrested Kevin Massey Monday after discovering he is a felon and was in possession of a firearm.

Massey was at Camp Lonestar on private property near the border fence.

Massey's arrest is the third incident involving members of the militia. A Border Patrol agent opened fire on a militia member during an incident near the Rio Grande. The man was not hurt.

Another member was arrested after leaving a gun behind at a Stripes store restroom.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, no surprise at all!!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh.

Wanna know what the Felony was before I give a fuck.

Kiddie diddler or took the heat for standing for his beliefs?

eta:  A google search leads to a thread at DU, where it is said he has a burglary conviction from 1988.  

So... career criminal?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh.

eta:  A google search leads to a thread at DU, where it is said he has a burglary conviction from 1988.  

So... career criminal?
View Quote

WTF, how do you get a felony conviction for standing for your beliefs? Seriously? You get convicted of a felony your rights to carry a gun are done, doesn't matter what it is or how trivial you may think the offense to be.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

WTF, how do you get a felony conviction for standing for your beliefs? Seriously? You get convicted of a felony your rights to carry a gun are done, doesn't matter what it is or how trivial you may think the offense to be.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh.

So... career criminal?

That's your opinon, and you are entitled to it.  

I see some felonies as victimless or things that ought not be illegal in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I see some felonies as victimless or things that ought not be illegal in the first place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh.

So... career criminal?

Like what?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Like what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh.

So... career criminal?

Like what?

Drilling a third hole in your AR-15 lower receiver for one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#7]
This is the only thing I'm torn about. If you do the crime and the time and pay back your restitution  you are released back in to the world. But now you lose the right to defend yourself with the most appropriate means.

Are felons not part of the well regulated militia that shouldn't be infringed on

** not a troll, libtard plant, or a felon **
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh.

So... career criminal?

Like what?

Meanwhile outside Zaminsky's House.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh.

So... career criminal?

Like what?

Yeah, can you be more specific?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is the only thing I'm torn about. If you do the crime and the time and pay back your restitution  you are released back in to the world. But now you lose the right to defend yourself with the most appropriate means.

Are felons not part of the well regulated militia that shouldn't be infringed on

** not a troll, libtard plant, or a felon **
View Quote

Agree with alot of that. What happened to " do the crime, you do the time". It use to be if you got released you were done with what ever got you in trouble. Now adays mistakes just follow you around, which is fine i guess if your a perfect person but i dont know any includeing myself. The sex offender list thing needs to total be reworked. I know 2 people who dated a younger girl while in highschool whos parents didnt like it so they got the police involved that got them slapped on the sex offender list for the rest of there life. Thats not right. The real child molesters need there nutts cut off an thrown on a island but not all on that list need to be there.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Purpose of drilling a hole.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I hate to admit this but for once I am kind of with Zaminsky on this one.  Same thing goes for sex offenders.  A 22 year old that hooked up with a 17 year old that lied about her age then daddy found out is not a threat unlike somebody who does things to children yet they are treated the same.  Not all felonies are created equal.  I have a family member that used to travel to Cuba.  If this person had ever been caught that is a felony.  Well allow Ebola infected people and want to give amnesty to murderous boarder jumpers but going to Cuba labels one as a felon.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Like what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like what?

Cutting the tag off a mattress?  

Seriously, I know that they're not all felonies, but there have been several books written about the fact that it's difficult, if not impossible, to participate in American society without violating at least one law every day.  I would agree that there are plenty of laws on the books that I'd like to see struck.  I'd be willing to bet money that many of our peers on this site would love for some of the firearms felonies to go away.  I also believe that those that lean more libertarian would like to see some of the felony drug and prostitution laws disappear.

Do you believe that there are no crimes that are victimless, or that shouldn't be crimes?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Another example is Cacious Clay.

Refused to go to Vietnam, did his two years in prison instead.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Like what?
View Quote

Well cutting 1/4" of steel off the end of an AR shouldn't be illegal and doesn't hurt anyone, but it'll still get you thrown in prison.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I agree with the statement that not all felonies are created equal; especially when concerning statutory rape and some drug offenses. Criminal justice system is always evolving and I have no doubt these things will be addressed in the future.

It's something like 90% of the population has committed an offense that would have resulted in incarceration... how many of those were felonies... you just didn't get caught!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Having an SBR upper with no registered lower can land your ass in jail
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Except AR pistols are legal.

Gotta be assembled into SBR format or fall under constructive intent.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Good to know that the Feds are keeping us safe from border crime.  The people of the valley can sleep soundly tonight.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#20]
And here we go AGAIN

BROWNSVILLE — For a second time this week a member of a controversial group of armed civilians patrolling the border for undocumented immigrants near Brownsville was arrested, court records show.

Agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives arrested John Frederick Foerster, 44, of Brownsville on Tuesday on a felon in possession of a weapons charge, according to a spokeswoman for the U.S. attorney for the Southern District.

Foerster has a history of run-ins with the law, including an arrest by Brownsville police on Feb. 14, 2001, on three counts of burglarizing a building, a state jail felony punishable up to two years in prison, according to arrest records. The offenses took place March 22, 1999, Feb. 13, 2001, and Feb. 14, 2001. He pleaded guilty to all three charges in May 2001 and served part of his sentence in Cameron County before being transferred to prison. He was released from prison on Aug. 9, 2002, records show.

Foerster was also arrested on charges of possessing a switchblade and knuckles, a Class A misdemeanor punishable up to a year in prison, and pleaded guilty to those charges. He was sentenced to 180 days in jail. And in 2009, Foerster was arrested in Missouri City on theft charges.

But Foertser's recent troubles began on Aug. 29, when a U.S. Border Patrol agent, chasing immigrants thought to be entering the country illegally, fired several rounds at him near the banks of the Rio Grande. The incident put Camp Lonestar at odds with local law enforcement communities.

Separately, federal agents arrested Kevin Lyndel Massey, 48, on Monday, also on a federal weapons charge.

Massey, who is from Quinlan in North Texas, has been a vocal member of the American Patriots in Brownsville for the past several weeks.

Agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives arrested Massey on a federal arrest warrant as a felon in possession of a firearm charge in Brownsville.

Massey was convicted of burglary in 1988. He was denied bond during an initial federal court appearance Tuesday, and is scheduled to appear before a grand jury Friday in Brownsville. Massey's family posted on Facebook that agents had also seized weapons in his North Texas home.

The presence of Massey and Foerster has stirred emotions in this border town where some locals supported them, while others worried about the armed strangers, many of them from out of state, who are unfamiliar with the local community and who sometimes fired their weapons.

The arrests of Foerster and Massey are just the latest Patriots to have a brush with law enforcement in South Texas.

In September, another American Patriot was arrested on a third-degree felony charge after he allegedly left a 9 mm handgun, for which he carried no license, in a convenience store bathroom.

When another American Patriot from Indiana attempted to claim ownership of the weapon, he was charged with a misdemeanor for making a false report to Cameron County sheriff's investigators.

[email protected]

Twitter: amnelsen
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And here we go AGAIN

BROWNSVILLE — For a second time this week a member of a controversial group of armed civilians patrolling the border for undocumented immigrants near Brownsville was arrested, court records show.

Agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives arrested John Frederick Foerster, 44, of Brownsville on Tuesday on a felon in possession of a weapons charge, according to a spokeswoman for the U.S. attorney for the Southern District.

Foerster has a history of run-ins with the law, including an arrest by Brownsville police on Feb. 14, 2001, on three counts of burglarizing a building, a state jail felony punishable up to two years in prison, according to arrest records. The offenses took place March 22, 1999, Feb. 13, 2001, and Feb. 14, 2001. He pleaded guilty to all three charges in May 2001 and served part of his sentence in Cameron County before being transferred to prison. He was released from prison on Aug. 9, 2002, records show.

Foerster was also arrested on charges of possessing a switchblade and knuckles, a Class A misdemeanor punishable up to a year in prison, and pleaded guilty to those charges. He was sentenced to 180 days in jail. And in 2009, Foerster was arrested in Missouri City on theft charges.

But Foertser's recent troubles began on Aug. 29, when a U.S. Border Patrol agent, chasing immigrants thought to be entering the country illegally, fired several rounds at him near the banks of the Rio Grande. The incident put Camp Lonestar at odds with local law enforcement communities.

Separately, federal agents arrested Kevin Lyndel Massey, 48, on Monday, also on a federal weapons charge.

Massey, who is from Quinlan in North Texas, has been a vocal member of the American Patriots in Brownsville for the past several weeks.

Agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives arrested Massey on a federal arrest warrant as a felon in possession of a firearm charge in Brownsville.

Massey was convicted of burglary in 1988. He was denied bond during an initial federal court appearance Tuesday, and is scheduled to appear before a grand jury Friday in Brownsville. Massey's family posted on Facebook that agents had also seized weapons in his North Texas home.

The presence of Massey and Foerster has stirred emotions in this border town where some locals supported them, while others worried about the armed strangers, many of them from out of state, who are unfamiliar with the local community and who sometimes fired their weapons.

The arrests of Foerster and Massey are just the latest Patriots to have a brush with law enforcement in South Texas.

In September, another American Patriot was arrested on a third-degree felony charge after he allegedly left a 9 mm handgun, for which he carried no license, in a convenience store bathroom.

When another American Patriot from Indiana attempted to claim ownership of the weapon, he was charged with a misdemeanor for making a false report to Cameron County sheriff's investigators.

[email protected]

Twitter: amnelsen
View Quote

Meh.  Another career criminal.  No fucks given.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a good call, damn twice in one day.  This means hell froze over!  Can still get you hassled but valid point on the pistol.  Point again though, as we actually agreed not all felonies are created equal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top