Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 10:57:01 AM EDT
Shows to be this weekend. Good show?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it's a decent gun show.I have made some good buys/trades there.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I like it.  Short drive for me (Rockwall).  Easy access, nice building, smaller show but plenty to see/buy.  I look at it as a nice 'convenience' gun show.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#3]
How far south of town east mall is the rodeo arena?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure if any large vendors there, this is not the "premiere gun show" venue but the other one.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not sure if any large vendors there, this is not the "premiere gun show" venue but the other one.
View Quote

Several large vendors including Model 1, Gun Zone, Blackland Outdoor, A2J2 Sales, Republic Arsenal, Stone Chimney Creek, and Gun Corps are all here with full set-ups.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

How far south of town east mall is the rodeo arena?
View Quote

Not far. I think it's one exit past I-30.

Is Military the name of the road? It's the first exit past the interchange.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Going south on 635, you'll pass the Town East, the 80 interchange and Gross Road exits. Take the next exit, which is  Military/Scyene and head straight up the hill. The Rodeo/Exhibit hall complex is right next to the Hampton Hotel; you can't miss it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:53:36 AM EDT
[#8]
The Tier 1 Mesquite Rodeo show is always good.  The Rodeo hall holds 400 or so tables but it's mostly guns and gun related stuff.  It is worth going to.   As mentioned above you take Military exit and then head straight through the light.  You will then see the Rodeo Hall straight ahead slightly on the right.

p.s We will be there, stop by and say hi.  And if you are really feeling saucy ask Jessica if she has backed her car into any trees lately (story is, on a deserted road she backed into the only tree there which was was off the road).
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Several large vendors including Model 1, Gun Zone, Blackland Outdoor, A2J2 Sales, Republic Arsenal, Stone Chimney Creek, and Gun Corps are all here with full set-ups.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  The usual suspects are normally there.  What is absent are the tables of dog t-shirts, arts and crafts, and 15 different beef jerky sellers.  Nothing wrong with that stuff, just not necessary to enjoy a gun show.    I've actually had very good luck both buying and selling at these shows.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Went there today to sell three guns, got lowballed by table dealers, no interest from the public, so I left.  Wasn't impressed with the selection, at all.  Next time Fort Worth be will be the one to go to.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Went there today to sell three guns, got lowballed by table dealers, no interest from the public, so I left.  Wasn't impressed with the selection, at all.  Next time Fort Worth be will be the one to go to.
View Quote

If you are trying to sell guns you're doing it wrong.
Taking guns to a show is not much different than taking them to a gun store or pawn shop. You'll get offers, but for significantly less than you could get by selling them on Gunbroker, Texas Gun Trader or here on the EE.

Any dealer with a clue will not offer you full value because he's buying with the intent to resell for profit. You might view that as lowballing....but what did you expect?

I've had guys come by my table telling me what a great deal his $520 Glock 17 is "It's never been fired and I paid $583 at Academy for it last month!"
(dealer cost on a new G17 is $440)

If you want top dollar.......list those guns where the largest possible audience will see them.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Taking guns to a show is not much different than taking them to a gun store or pawn shop. You'll get offers, but for significantly less than you could get by selling them on Gunbroker, Texas Gun Trader or here on the EE.

Any dealer with a clue will not offer you full value because he's buying with the intent to resell for profit. You might view that as lowballing....but what did you expect?

I've had guys come by my table telling me what a great deal his $520 Glock 17 is "It's never been fired and I paid $583 at Academy for it last month!"

If you want top dollar.......list those guns where the largest possible audience will see them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that dealers are not going to give the best deal and that they are trying to make money.  I have had good luck at gun shows in the past, selling stuff almost instantly to non-dealers.  As I said, there wasn't much to look at either,
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#13]
It can be the luck of the draw sometimes.  It also depends on what you are selling.  Some items will almost always sell easily and for proper money (nice Colt pistols, genuine collectibles, etc.)  I know luck has been on my side, but I've personally had really good experiences at the Rodeo.  Last time I was there, I had a Colt Commander that I was wanting to shop around.  Didn't even make it through the front door and sold it for exactly what  was asking.  Another time I was trying to sell a certain pistol and a certain old rifle to fund the purchase of a certain pistol which was not terribly easy to find laying around at the time.  Walked in and had the pistol/rifle sold within 45 minutes for excellent money.  Within another 30 minutes found the pistol I was looking for and bought it.  That was a good day!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top