Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 12:23:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:26:48 AM EDT
[#1]
That's disappointing. He needed someone to tell him that copping a plea was his best option.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:53:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Good, fuck him!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I read the awesome and lengthy article.  It seems to me JWP's argument was, "I can't hire the lawyer I want, so you give me one". Jusge said, "maybe not the one you want, but you can still pay for one".

What if everyone tried that? I can't afford Johnny Cochran, so you pay for my lawyer.  this guy is a real piece of work
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad the judge saw right through his bullshit
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Wah wah.

These folks are the worst.

Rapists are selective, corrupt politicans fuck everyone.

Hope he rots.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I read the awesome and lengthy article.  It seems to me JWP's argument was, "I can't hire the lawyer I want, so you give me one". Jusge said, "maybe not the one you want, but you can still pay for one".

What if everyone tried that? I can't afford Johnny Cochran, so you pay for my lawyer.  this guy is a real piece of work
View Quote

JWP would have wanted to pick his lawyer and have us pay for it.

The judge should have given him the most junior public defender available. JWP would have probably shit bricks if he was white or latino.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The judge should have given him the most junior public defender available. JWP would have probably shit bricks if he was white or latino.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

where are his lawyer buddies like domingo garcia and royce west?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Hard to pay for a good attorney while the feds are holding "his" money.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's just the thing, he failed to demonstrate that he can't pay for an attorney. Leads me to think that he still has access to a bunch of money
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's just the thing, he failed to demonstrate that he can't pay for an attorney. Leads me to think that he still has access to a bunch of money
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's voted himself some very nice raises over the decades so I doubt he's hurting but the cost to give him a good defense will be extremely expensive.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He's voted himself some very nice raises over the decades so I doubt he's hurting but the cost to give him a good defense will be extremely expensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure if he really can't afford it, his fine upstanding constituents in south Dallas (the one's he's championed for so long) will all come together and raise the money for him.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#13]
http://www.dallascounty.org/department/HR/compensation_jobindex.html

$ 10,566.82/month

$126,801.00 per year

That's twice what I make. Fuck yeah he can afford it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top