BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think just letting everyone roam would be a real mess. Some of the popular lanes might get backed up. Then everyone might not get a chance at every lane. That might also be unfair to the vendors. Having it broken into small groups that moved between stations was a good idea. I think explaining the rotation from the start would have helped. Also some of the lanes ran smoother than others. I would think the vendors might make some changes if they did it again also. They might be able to give you some helpful feedback. It was a great event. I don't know of any other event where you could go hands on with that much gear. And even gear not yet released or unavailable to the public.
View Quote

That's what I was worried about. That was our bad on not briefing on the rotation of the lanes. Next year we will keep the rotations I think, but have a staff member rotate with the group to keep it from getting messy.
Also, I think we will start earlier in the day so that vendors that don't sell night vision get their money's worth, everyone can meet and greet in the daylight, and you can have twice as much time to shoot because you can hit each lane during the day as well. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's what I was worried about. That was our bad on not briefing on the rotation of the lanes. Next year we will keep the rotations I think, but have a staff member rotate with the group to keep it from getting messy.
Also, I think we will start earlier in the day so that vendors that don't sell night vision get their money's worth, everyone can meet and greet in the daylight, and you can have twice as much time to shoot because you can hit each lane during the day as well. Thoughts?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think just letting everyone roam would be a real mess. Some of the popular lanes might get backed up. Then everyone might not get a chance at every lane. That might also be unfair to the vendors. Having it broken into small groups that moved between stations was a good idea. I think explaining the rotation from the start would have helped. Also some of the lanes ran smoother than others. I would think the vendors might make some changes if they did it again also. They might be able to give you some helpful feedback. It was a great event. I don't know of any other event where you could go hands on with that much gear. And even gear not yet released or unavailable to the public.

I think having someone move with the groups would help out. Having the vendors set up during daylight would be good. But most of the vendors equipment was geared toward use at night I'm not sure how much range time would be useful during daylight hours. I would have liked to see a daytime demo of the drone/quad copter. Maybe a silencer dealer could demo during the day. Since most of the firearms were suppressed I was surprised no dealers showed. Hopefully some of the other guys will chime in with ideas.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep the rotations, but as you said, if that would have been a part of the briefing I believe it would have gone much smoother.

Other than that, the event was a freaking blast, and was set up very well. The cap on the event was as good as it can get, I think if there were 10-20 more people, it would just be too much.

One suggestion I have for next year is throwing another hour into shooting time, so folks won't be as rushed.

Thanks for putting this whole thing together, it was just plain awesome.

You better email me the minute tickets go on sale next year!

P.S. The shirts are the bee's knees. Very soft, comfortable, and they breathe very well. If you're doing them next year, get the same brand.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#4]
This may step on a toe but,

More sexy girls driving around would be cool.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think having someone move with the groups would help out. Having the vendors set up during daylight would be good. But most of the vendors equipment was geared toward use at night I'm not sure how much range time would be useful during daylight hours. I would have liked to see a daytime demo of the drone/quad copter. Maybe a silencer dealer could demo during the day. Since most of the firearms were suppressed I was surprised no dealers showed. Hopefully some of the other guys will chime in with ideas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the feedback. I have a prize for you. PM me your address and I will send it out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Keep the rotations, but as you said, if that would have been a part of the briefing I believe it would have gone much smoother.

Other than that, the event was a freaking blast, and was set up very well. The cap on the event was as good as it can get, I think if there were 10-20 more people, it would just be too much.

One suggestion I have for next year is throwing another hour into shooting time, so folks won't be as rushed.

P.S. The shirts are the bee's knees. Very soft, comfortable, and they breathe very well. If you're doing them next year, get the same brand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! PM me your address!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for the feedback. I have a prize for you. PM me your address and I will send it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem. It was a great event. I'm glad to make suggestions to make it even better. Reserve me a spot for next year .
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#8]
The only thing I would add which has not been said is more water.  There was a lot of confusion as to where we got water from.  We did not have any at dinner (just soda which I cannot drink).  I was told where to find it but it was not there however I eventually found some.  Having coolers at each station might help that.  Also maybe having flash lights or tell people to bring their own.  I was the only injury (that I know of) which was not big deal but having a flash light would have helped.  Just a couple of thoughts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Delta, what was the cap on attendance? Like someone said above, if there was another 15 people, things would have gotten chaotic. As it was, things where pressed for time and I didn't get to shoot the thermal on the AI 308 or see the armasight booth in the middle Bay.

That was my only gripe about the whole event. Damn good night and I can't wait until next year. I'll bring my wife next year.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Delta, what was the cap on attendance? Like someone said above, if there was another 15 people, things would have gotten chaotic. As it was, things where pressed for time and I didn't get to shoot the thermal on the AI 308 or see the armasight booth in the middle Bay.

That was my only gripe about the whole event. Damn good night and I can't wait until next year. I'll bring my wife next year.
View Quote

It was 150. I had 12 cases of water for anyone to drink, but again, it wasn't put out there during the brief like it should have been.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top