Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2014 8:46:16 AM EDT
I am moving to southern Texas at the end of July.
A small town near the Mexican border and about 50 miles from the gulf called Alamo.
Any suggestions on local gun shops and shooting ranges?
I could use a good job too

Thanks, Jason
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A small town near the Mexican border and about 50 miles from the gulf called Alamo.

Thanks, Jason
View Quote

Stop by the Goodwill on your way out to donate your coats and jackets and winter clothes.  You won't be needing them any more.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Stop by the Goodwill on your way out to donate your coats and jackets and winter clothes.  You won't be needing them any more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, Jason

Keep one for when global warming freezes us.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:45:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks, Jason
View Quote

I wouldn't move unless I had a job first.  You may have trouble finding work down there, especially if you don't habla.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks, Jason
View Quote

WHY?!??!?!?!?! Oil field work?? That's a terrible place to be.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#5]
You need to see a movie called Lonesome Dove.
It's a documentary.

It's about a group of men , 1 woman, and two pigs that risk everything to make it out of there.
They head  for MT.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Update?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:35:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome Jason I'm down here in the area if you wanna hit the range sometime let me know.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I visit the Rio Grande Valley once in a while. When I'm there, I like to go into Glick Twins in Pharr which is next to Alamo......
Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#9]
RGV isn't too bad, I don't live down there but worked a project there for 2 years. The project was in Harlingen, which would not be my first choice in the RGV, but the Pharr/McAllen area is nice. Fishing is great down there, great food if you know where to look and a laid back lifestyle for sure. Which area in MT are you moving from?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Lonesome Dove is on now on OvationTV  if you get that channel.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#11]

You are in for some real culture shock, bro.

You're gonna love the August heat too. It stays above 98 for a month and a half about that time of year.

Enjoy!  

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I am in McAllen; moved here 4 months ago from Colorado.  I used to hunt Montana every year.
What is your background and what type of work are you looking for? By the way, I recommend
McAllen for housing.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Tag.  Seems like we've got a few of us down here.  Anyone up for a RGV lunch or dinner sometime?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:55:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am in McAllen; moved here 4 months ago from Colorado.  I used to hunt Montana every year.
What is your background and what type of work are you looking for? By the way, I recommend
McAllen for housing.
View Quote

McAllen is starting to get a bit high priced.  

It is, probably, the best run city in the RGV.

I lived there, off and on, since '76.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
McAllen for housing.

Yes it is. Colorado housing costs are on the high side but we actually spent more in
McAllen. It was certainly a shock to us. Oh, and property taxes are horrible! We found
very limited housing choices in the northeast side of town, which is where we were most comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes it is. Colorado housing costs are on the high side but we actually spent more in
McAllen. It was certainly a shock to us. Oh, and property taxes are horrible! We found
very limited housing choices in the northeast side of town, which is where we were most comfortable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
McAllen for housing.

I'm looking at places with some acreage outside of the metro areas.......probably up 281 a ways.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Check out Lozano s shooting range
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:06:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lozano's closed last month, sold the property and locked the members out. Coyote Arms is opening a range off of Monte Cristo next month though. From what I've heard and seen it should be a nice range.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Lozano's closed last month, sold the property and locked the members out. Coyote Arms is opening a range off of Monte Cristo next month though. From what I've heard and seen it should be a nice range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's what I heard about lozano's as well. I didn't know Coyote Arms was gonna open a range, I might have to check that out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where on  Monte Cristo? My business is on Monte Cristo.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:50:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give 'em a call (956) 781-0448 or e-mail [email protected]

I'm doing that as soon as we get off of this job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top