Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I just now spotted this thread or else I might have made it. Haven't been to canton in years.  I remember some good selections of mil surplus items...along with the usual junk.  Anyone spot any stuff like hand forged hatchets and knives?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just now spotted this thread or else I might have made it. Haven't been to canton in years.  I remember some good selections of mil surplus items...along with the usual junk.  Anyone spot any stuff like hand forged hatchets and knives?
View Quote

I didn't even bother walking down to the slums
I stayed on the hill in air conditioned comfort

Actually, I plan to return in the fall and walk around the place.  I went to many trade days back  in Alabama as a kid. So, I have an idea and am in no hurry.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I could not make it out this weekend, I hope y'all had a great time!
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We want to thank all of those that made it out this weekend. We put a lot of time into the place over the last few weeks, and while it is a work in progress, we got a lot of great feedback from everyone. It can only get better from here, so continue to let us know about the good and the bad.

Special thanks to our resident tour guide, T(G)RG and to those that make a long trek to stop by. I believe the longest distance travelled was won by the representative from Virginia, but we had Illinois, OK, LA, and several from San Antonio and beyond in Texas.

Congrats to those that completed the scavenger hunt- we will draw and notify the winner tomorrow, after we get some rest... Once again thanks to all- it was a pleasure meeting everyone and seeing old friends again. Thanks for making us feel welcome, as we are glad to be in the great State of Texas!
View Quote

I enjoyed visiting the store, and I'll speak for all the Texas members when I say Welcome to TX!
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Compass and I enjoyed it today, you guys really put in a lot of work and I hope it turns to a great success for you all.

We walked around some of the other buildings for an hour or so and it sure made me appreciate the a/c in the building you're in.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:00:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I made it out Thursday morning.  Didn't do too well on the scavenger hunt...looking forward to the next one.  Next time I'll bring the wifey.  Enjoyed talking to the hog hunter and seeing a local business....'The Gun Cleaners".

Thanks for coming to TX..
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I made it out Thursday morning.  Didn't do too well on the scavenger hunt...looking forward to the next one.  Next time I'll bring the wifey.  Enjoyed talking to the hog hunter and seeing a local business....'The Gun Cleaners".

Thanks for coming to TX..
View Quote

I used my kids for the BFL hunt! I told my son if we won the rifle it would be his, he asked every vendor there, we got four punches in about 20 minutes! Great visit, went to Canton once before without a reason to come back (too much kitsch). I'll come back if this grows.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We want to thank all of those that made it out this weekend. We put a lot of time into the place over the last few weeks, and while it is a work in progress, we got a lot of great feedback from everyone. It can only get better from here, so continue to let us know about the good and the bad.

Special thanks to our resident tour guide, T(G)RG and to those that make a long trek to stop by. I believe the longest distance travelled was won by the representative from Virginia, but we had Illinois, OK, LA, and several from San Antonio and beyond in Texas.

Congrats to those that completed the scavenger hunt- we will draw and notify the winner tomorrow, after we get some rest... Once again thanks to all- it was a pleasure meeting everyone and seeing old friends again. Thanks for making us feel welcome, as we are glad to be in the great State of Texas!
View Quote

Met Edward and the Mrs . We had fun looking for the BFL Trailer Hitch covers!

Thank you, and welcome to Texas!
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:03:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ed, it was great to see you and the gang again. I look forward to coming back for future weekend shows. you guys have done a great job with the shop and after talking to the vendors there, they're excited for the business y'all are going to bring to the market there.

I thought the scavenger hunt y'all set up was a great way to get the other tenants excited to have y'all there. I wish you guys the best of luck and I'm excited to see the updates for the next few months.

an hour drive is hardly a concern for DFW residents; I look forward to coming back out and helping support ARFCOM. this place is a family to me. I hope you guys are as impressed with the turnout as we were with the shop and your new home.

Welcome to Texas, hope to see y'all soon.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Well done ARFCOM.

Cost me plenty,   My son saw the full auto airsoft m4 and wanted one.

So HE had a good weekend.

Both my kids thought that all the guys were really nice, and had a great time.

TXL
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

TRG
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:48:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

So I'm thinking, who the hell came from Va for this.

And I realized it was Mr. car inspection guy.

Hope you're trip back home went well Jeff..

Great to see ya man.  Make sure you let us know the next time, and we will get lunch.

TXL
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#16]
If you take my picture off the check out counter, that I made especially for you, I'll take you to the pit!

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you take my picture off the check out counter, that I made especially for you, I'll take you to the pit!

View Quote

Do you really look like that???
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes his stash is that epic

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Was great to meet the family! Welcome to Texas Y'all..!
for the surrounding vendors, we spent the family nest egg to let them know that arfcom was here for the good of all.
Wrote on the wall, me Ed and Mrs Ed, and she is the best sales person, period.

Anyway, see your guys next month, I wont miss a month ever again.
Hg

P.S. i stink at treasure hunts. didn't find even 1 stinkin bfl, but my bike found one....
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Winner winner chicken dinner?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Who won the raffle?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Who won the raffle?
View Quote

What happened with the door prizes too?

TRG
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Who won the raffle?
View Quote

dang good question.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#24]
No one's called me saying I won.......
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Totally forgot about the raffle.  My handwriting sucks so it's probably not even legible.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Totally forgot about the raffle.  My handwriting sucks so it's probably not even legible.
View Quote

Same here. If you guys can't read the winning entry its mine, PM me for shipping details.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#27]
I think AR_Cowboy won.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I was there early Thursday morning and Neckbearded all the door prizes.

Ed is now just trying to figure out how it is possible that I won all the other prizes!
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Arfkids playing with fireworks

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Congrats to the winners and thanks for the opportunity arfcom!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Congrats to all the winners.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Congrats to all the winners.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:09:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Cheers to the winners, and a big thanks to the sponsors for making the grand opening even awesomer!
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Had a fantastic time.   Can't wait for the next get together next First Monday.

We're doing it again, right?
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm going back.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Every month. If folks want to have an official standing get together each month, we can pick a time and day.
Next one is July 31-August 3, so either a Friday evening or the weekend sometime.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every month. If folks want to have an official standing get together each month, we can pick a time and day.
Next one is July 31-August 3, so either a Friday evening or the weekend sometime.

Work conflicted with some people's attendance.

Saturday, maybe?

Since the building kicked us all out at 8, kinda points to a mid-day meet and greet?  

TRG
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Going to try and make the next one
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#45]
nm...
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm down for the next one. I need some man cave stuff anyway
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm working Saturday.   Wife is going without me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#50]
I'll be there Saturday.

Got to get a new shirt. The wife confiscated my other one.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top