Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 2:21:26 PM EDT
Anyone know of one I can get in contact with.  Preferably in the Houston area.  I have a few questions, and would like some professional input.  Thanks

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Sean Cody who sets up NFA Trusts is in the Houston area
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Texas Law Shield is based in Houston.  You could easily contact them via the web site.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#3]
If it's not a personal question, you might consider asking at the Texas CHL Forum Or search their messages to see if the question has already been asked/answered. There are a lot of lawyers, CHL instructors on that site. Also, Charles Cotton runs the site and he's a lawyer based in Houston.

FWIW,

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:23:21 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're a member of TLS, they'll field questions for you.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're a member of TLS, they'll field questions for you.
View Quote

And even if you are not, their 2A lawyers ARE available for hire. I specifically asked them about this the other week.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Anyone know of one I can get in contact with.  Preferably in the Houston area.  I have a few questions, and would like some professional input.  Thanks

View Quote

You cant post it here to ask?
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Texas Law Shield called me today and asked if i had filled out my emergency form and wanted to know if I had any questions. I was in the middle of something at work, and I couldn't think of anything in particular at that moment, but they sound pretty proactive.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 2:32:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has to do with a charge that I got many years ago that may prevent me from getting a CHL.  But on the other hand, I have never had an issue purchasing firearms other than I do usually get a delay.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 3:57:40 AM EDT
[#9]
No lawyer needed, just read the eligibility requirements.  If you have no convictions, you are eligible.  If you have an A or B conviction, you have to sit out the penalty period.  If you have a felony conviction, you are not eligible unless it was a felony that is now a misdemeanor then you could be eligible.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 4:18:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No lawyer needed, just read the eligibility requirements.  If you have no convictions, you are eligible.  If you have an A or B conviction, you have to sit out the penalty period.  If you have a felony conviction, you are not eligible unless it was a felony that is now a misdemeanor then you could be eligible.
View Quote

There are many felonies that, if over ten years ago deferred adjudication was received are not prohibitors.

OP, what and when was it?  I will quote the exact law here for you.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There are many felonies that, if over ten years ago deferred adjudication was received are not prohibitors.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top